Eric Farmer

1. Animation, Misandry, and You Part Deux

Well, I have the time, so here it goes. This time I want to do some more recent Cartoon Network shows that I didn’t get around to the first time. Next time (if there is one) I will probably hit another network. *cough* *cough* Nickelodeon *cough* *cough*
    The Amazing World of Gumball: The family is set up like the “modern” sitcom family. Overworked mother, intelligent daughter, dumbass son, dependent dumbass father, and the son (Gumball’s) pet is a dumbass too. This leads to a good ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Animation, Misandry, and You

As you might know, I am a millennial, and I distinctly remember a number of cartoons that I enjoyed when I grew up such as Dexter's Laboratory, Angry Beavers, Catdog, and other shows that are still remembered today. Of course those shows had the occasional moment of anti-male cringe, but I believe that the cartoons on mainstream networks today (Cartoon Network, Nick, and Disney, or Teletoon if your Canadian) are even worse in this aspect. In this post, I will target specifically Cartoon Network ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized