Eric Farmer

Animation, Misandry, and You Part Deux

Rate this Entry
Well, I have the time, so here it goes. This time I want to do some more recent Cartoon Network shows that I didn’t get around to the first time. Next time (if there is one) I will probably hit another network. *cough* *cough* Nickelodeon *cough* *cough*
The Amazing World of Gumball: The family is set up like the “modern” sitcom family. Overworked mother, intelligent daughter, dumbass son, dependent dumbass father, and the son (Gumball’s) pet is a dumbass too. This leads to a good number of cringe moments, but there is quite a bit of well-done surrealist humor with regards to the bizarre stock art/ computer animation style of the show.

Clarence: The main character is a dumb (or maybe mentally disabled?) boy who goes on adventures with his friends. Aside from that, I cannot think of anything else bad about this show. The characters are actually kind of deep, and Clarence actually has more character traits than being a dumbass at times. He is shown as less mean as Gumball, and he actually tries to better the conditions of the people he meets.

Uncle Grandpa: I honestly have no idea what’s going on here. It’s … weird. Think Mary Poppins meets a cargo ship filled with acid.

The Powerpuff Girls: I am talking about the recent reboot of this show, not the version from the 1990s. The original actually wasn’t full of misandry at all. I kinda liked it. The original series even had an episode where the protagonists learn that radical feminism is a hateful ideology. This reboot though. I’ve heard rumors that the show is trying to be “modern” to the point of getting rid of the mayor’s assistant, because of her body shape; however, the show also has an episode where the girls twerk for some reason. So, they get rid of an actually decent female character, but have 5 year old girls twerking because… feminism? Also the show tries way too hard to be relevant by inserting outdated meme references and millennial slang.
Apparently everyone hates this show (even tumblr hates it). I think it is probably a cash in on people’s nostalgia for the original show.
Its time to stop!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOS8giDOpio

More on Steven Universe: In my last blog, I noted how this fanbase is extremely notorious for being hated. I forgot to mention a big, specific reason why. Apparently this girl, who was a big fan of the show, drew a picture of the titular character, his father, and his mother and posted it online. In the show, the mother is shown as rotund, but this girl drew her as more physically fit in this picture. After posting this picture online, she started getting a plethora of hate comments and death threats due to her “fat-shaming” to the point where she attempted suicide. She survived, but now most sane humans (rightfully) hate this fan base.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments