Thread: Meetup being organised for Melbourne

Meetup being organised for Melbourne

Hi All,

Imdefender & I are currently in the process of organising a get-together in Melbourne for the 13th and/or 14th (Sat/Sun) of September this year and we are looking for expressions of interest from people who are in or near Melbourne to attend.

Our intent is to keep it fairly casual, we are hoping to just meet in a pub or somewhere similar, have a meal & a maybe a few drinks, & get to know each other a bit, but we are also hoping to discuss the possibility of setting up of a Men's Rights Group in Melbourne with anyone that might be interested in running one and/or being a member of same.

At this stage,as I've said, we're aiming for the 13th/14th of September but he time & the venue are as yet undecided &, even when they are decided, will remain restricted to those who indicate that they are going to attend in order to better protect the identity of anyone who might like to come but is not yet "out" as an MRA.

We currently know of 11 Melbourne-based MRAs & we'll be contacting them in the near future, however we are hoping to find as many as possible so if you are reading this & would like to come along, please contact us & let us know & we will keep you in the loop. We will be contacting each person privately via whatever contact details we have (if any). Please be assured that any personal info or contact details that we come across will be kept strictly confidential.

If you do not receive any communication from us but would like to come, please contact myself (tvsinesperanto) or Imdefender & let us know that you're interested. We can be contacted via a PM here, at our web site here, or via email at mensrightssydney@gmail.com.

Since Defender & I will be flying down from Sydney & staying in a hotel during our visit, we are obviously going to be sinking a fair bit of cash into this trip so we are asking that people PLEASE RSVP (even if you can't make it) so that we know if enough people are coming to make the trip worthwhile.

So, if you don't receive any communication from us in the near future but you would like to attend, please contact us & if you do receive communication from us, please reply.

That is all.

Cheers,
    TV
    Men's Rights Sydney
    Women who say they want to be treated just like men obviously don't know how men are treated.

While it may be true that a fish has little need of a bicycle, the bicycle has even less need of the fish.

Interested in men's rights activism in the Sydney area?
    Go to http://www.mensrightssydney.com/

UPDATE...

This is now definitely going ahead. We have over a dozen definites already, we have a venue in the Melbourne CBD and we have a date.

I will not be publishing the venue details publicly as several of the attendees are not "out" as MRAs and I don't want to do anything that may compromise their identity. However, if you are interested, please PM me before June 30 and I will pass on all the details to you privately.

It's really happening folks. Pretty exciting stuff. Even James Huff will be there......via Skype ;-)

Cheers,
    TV
    Women who say they want to be treated just like men obviously don't know how men are treated.

While it may be true that a fish has little need of a bicycle, the bicycle has even less need of the fish.

Interested in men's rights activism in the Sydney area?
    Go to http://www.mensrightssydney.com/