Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Help when under Bot/Spam Attack.

How Help when under Bot/Spam Attack.

Like some of you notice we are under spam/bot attack.
    It is not one account that post spam but I saw ad least 2-3.

Does it is better to wait for moderator to do there job, or reporting spam when under this bombardment is helpful?
    Better report all spam post in the subject, or just one post per thread is enough?

Hi Bortasz, thanks for the concern. Yesterday was tiresome. There's really not much anyone can do when we get an attack like that. The mods can only delete posts but can't ban members, so we have to wait for an admin, and they are busy guys. I hate when the boards get filled up with spam, but they put the posts up as fast as they can be taken down.
    If you have reported one spam post, it's usually enough, a mod or admin will be around as soon as he can to tidy up.

These guys are a scourge on society. I'd like to reach through the internet and wring their fucking necks.
    “No one is free who has not obtained the empire of himself. No man is free who cannot command himself.”
    ― Pythagoras

If the spamming continues out of control like this then it is time for the administrators to give the moderators the ability to ban the spammers. Nearly every thread I pulled up in the last 24 hours had been spammed.
    Last edited by cam9999; 09-06-2014 at 01:23 AM.

Or ad least give mods ability to suspend posting powers for 24h. This will stop spam bots, and Admin will have time to deal with them. On the other hand Mods will not be able to perma ban people.

That's a good suggestion, thanks Bortasz, I'll pass it along.
    “No one is free who has not obtained the empire of himself. No man is free who cannot command himself.”
    ― Pythagoras

2 suggestions.

Cut the time out between posts to 10 sec or zero. It makes it harder for people to report multiple spam posts.

It is possible to make Admins who can only do member issues, and make one or two senior reliable mods, who are around a lot, into admins with limited power to just work in the member area. There is a menu where the super admin can adjust Admin privileges and make new admins where you can do that.
    Liberty, Equality, Humanity

Quote Originally Posted by Patriarch View Post
    2 suggestions.

Cut the time out between posts to 10 sec or zero. It makes it harder for people to report multiple spam posts.
    theres no need for that once you report a bot you dont need to report all of its posts only one we will go thou all there post and get rid of them
    Interested in men rights activism in the Sydney area ?
    Go to mensrightssydney.com

Account not Activated
    Blog Entries
    Fucking spammers, can mod privileges be stepped up to kick them and their posts?

An Admin should PM or eMail me on human verification settings to improve spambot application rejection rates.
    Liberty, Equality, Humanity

I got completely locked off the forum for the last 24 hrs. All I could get was "forbidden" when I tried to click on a page.