Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 49

Thread: OK, so who are our rational feminist allies?

  1. #21
    Laura Kipnis On How Campus Feminism Infantilizes Women. She is a feminist who became baffled at reactions to speaking an alternative point of view:


  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,521
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Crumbock View Post
    I used the word oppression, because it serves as the best capsulization of the various meanings I intended.
    She still sees women as lesser, deliberately.
    All throughout history, men and women had different roles. This was good, as their temperaments suited. I am sure you could argue that women were capable, at least at being rulers, since its simply a matter of throwing your weight around. But men often rejected them, because it was a hard, physical struggle to succeed, in which women could not compete. Men under their rule, who were far superior to them in ways that counted, did not respect them.
    Then technology comes along. It not only produces whole new areas of employment, but made a daily job reachable for almost anyone. It also made the home-makers job way easy.
    Men still faced the drudgery of spending the majority of their waking lives pursuing a living. So, they were productively occupied. Women were restless, and being herd animals, easily exploited. So, someone comes along and tells them that all the worst, most negative things in their life are patriarchy. Motherhood is degraded and diminished, while "career" is elevated to deism.
    Essentially, we have the equivalent gravity now being oppressive, and every bad thing that ever happened to anyone, in the entire history of the world, was the fault of males. Straight, white Christian males, primarily.
    I simply refuse the premise that women are oppressed, or in any way controlled. There is no conspiracy whatsoever. Women are provably hyper-privileged. As for "choices" they want to have them at mens expense. In fact, they want both. Feminism tells them they can, if only they punish men enough.
    Its failing spectacularly, because someone needs to raise the next generation. Because women are taking away all the easier jobs for men, crowding out new workers, apprentices, elderly and disabled. They gobble up huge resources in made up jobs producing nothing, that productive workers must support, to their loss. Their children have woeful outcomes.
    Feminism is a hate crime.
    You see women as lesser too.

    Nothing you've said has anything to do with Pizzeys view. But you object to her desire to give women a choice, yet say that you reject that women are in any way controlled. I cant reconcile those two statements.
    "One doesn't have to operate with great malice to do great harm. The absence of empathy and understanding are sufficient".

  3. #23
    Senior Member Anonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,443
    Blog Entries
    12
    Rep Power
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by Crumbock View Post
    I used the word oppression, because it serves as the best capsulization of the various meanings I intended.
    She still sees women as lesser, deliberately.
    All throughout history, men and women had different roles. This was good, as their temperaments suited. I am sure you could argue that women were capable, at least at being rulers, since its simply a matter of throwing your weight around. But men often rejected them, because it was a hard, physical struggle to succeed, in which women could not compete. Men under their rule, who were far superior to them in ways that counted, did not respect them.
    Then technology comes along. It not only produces whole new areas of employment, but made a daily job reachable for almost anyone. It also made the home-makers job way easy.
    Men still faced the drudgery of spending the majority of their waking lives pursuing a living. So, they were productively occupied. Women were restless, and being herd animals, easily exploited. So, someone comes along and tells them that all the worst, most negative things in their life are patriarchy. Motherhood is degraded and diminished, while "career" is elevated to deism.
    Essentially, we have the equivalent gravity now being oppressive, and every bad thing that ever happened to anyone, in the entire history of the world, was the fault of males. Straight, white Christian males, primarily.
    I simply refuse the premise that women are oppressed, or in any way controlled. There is no conspiracy whatsoever. Women are provably hyper-privileged. As for "choices" they want to have them at mens expense. In fact, they want both. Feminism tells them they can, if only they punish men enough.
    Its failing spectacularly, because someone needs to raise the next generation. Because women are taking away all the easier jobs for men, crowding out new workers, apprentices, elderly and disabled. They gobble up huge resources in made up jobs producing nothing, that productive workers must support, to their loss. Their children have woeful outcomes.
    Feminism is a hate crime.
    Erin had ligitimate grievances, she was unable to get a loan without her fathe's signature, the same father who was abusing her as a child, however she was strong enough to look past this and see men and women are both abusive given a chance, she had an abusive and manipulative mother, so she knew women are not angels feminism was promoting, she also nothced socialist undercurrent in it all. She is wise and compassionate woman, and i applaud her.
    I sexually identify as a sword pommel, check your privilege or i will have to end you RIGHTLY.

  4. #24
    I'll just leave this here...


  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by TiberiusKirk47 View Post
    Laura Kipnis On How Campus Feminism Infantilizes Women. She is a feminist who became baffled at reactions to speaking an alternative point of view:
    Laura Kipnis is still promoting the concept of historical male oppression, the wage gap myth and that the 'anger' of men is about women entering the marketplace (ya, right).

    Her rationality will only be used up to a certain point... in this case she is talking about the damaging effects obvious hysteria has on the feminist brand.. but after that point she is still lost in feminist propaganda talking points.

    Semi-rational people who still call themselves feminists are not allies. They still want that gun in the room, and still want it pointed right at men with only women's fingers on the trigger.

    They just don't want other feminists to be so damned obvious about it. Feminism is about women's equality.. or its supposed to appear to be about women's equality. When the hysteria bubbles up to the surface, like it always does, it exposes not just the irrational thinking of the feminist mob, but also the strategic manipulation of the big players who make a whole lot of money sitting at the head of lobby groups and 'awareness' organizations that use feminist ideologue to get useful idiots to fund their goals.

    The best thing anyone can do is strive to deprogram themselves and become the least useful idiot you can and help others to do the same.

    We have no feminist allies. The entire ideology is based on a flawed view of the world, and as such it lacks virtue.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Crumbock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,135
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by FlightlessBird View Post
    You see women as lesser too.

    Nothing you've said has anything to do with Pizzeys view. But you object to her desire to give women a choice, yet say that you reject that women are in any way controlled. I cant reconcile those two statements.
    She wants to give women a choice, but not men? Is she arguing that Men should be able to just walk away from a lifetime of slavery and raise kids, while the woman bears the full force and responsibility of provider? HAHAHA!
    I was a single dad for years, and I am still primary provider. I don't see pizzey out there squawking for MY choices. No, we men simply get to pay for their choices.
    You are setting up a straw man accusing me of considering women as "lesser" I guess because you cant argue against the illustrations of female privilege that contradict the oppression lies. No race/gender is more hyper-privileged than Western women. None. Royalty in ages past didn't have it so good.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Crumbock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,135
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Erin had ligitimate grievances, she was unable to get a loan without her fathe's signature, the same father who was abusing her as a child, however she was strong enough to look past this and see men and women are both abusive given a chance, she had an abusive and manipulative mother, so she knew women are not angels feminism was promoting, she also nothced socialist undercurrent in it all. She is wise and compassionate woman, and i applaud her.
    If she was refused a loan, it was almost certainly because she was a minor, or was significantly unqualified for it financially. I went thru this back when I was a teen. My mom didn't work, so my dad co-signed on my first car. Oh! The humanity! I could just as easily post in such a way as to make it look bad, like pizzey did. I bet her circumstances at the time were nearly exactly as mine. Its intellectually dishonest of her to twist something perfectly normal to justify herself. If she needs to stoop to such methods of justification, it proves her philosophy is not acceptable on honest terms.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,521
    Rep Power
    17
    Crumbuck, I think we're just talking different things. You think I'm talking oppression/privilege, I'm not. I think it was a normal course of events in women's entry (rightly or wrongly) into the workforce that rules and laws needed changing to keep up. Such as a woman's inability to get credit, because prior women had no means, therefore the assumption they were unqualified for it financially. I don't view that as oppression. Pizzey rejects patriarchy and oppression too.

    Pizzeys early life was centred around women, but I think its fair to say she has been men's rights for a very long time, and does indeed talk about fathers rights particularly. Her passion is obviously domestic violence, and its about bloody time we took notice, she's been saying that stuff for decades. Her "family terrorist" writings I've found fascinating, which are about the abusive woman's reliance on the gender bias court system to further abuse men. And she has written a lot about the destruction of family...
    Last edited by FlightlessBird; 07-27-2015 at 11:40 PM.
    "One doesn't have to operate with great malice to do great harm. The absence of empathy and understanding are sufficient".

  9. #29
    Erin Pricey is the real deal. She was not an intellectual. She reacted to actual problems of her times. She supported women, and she tried to support men as well (before being casted out).
    She tried to shout loud about the feminism nonsense (social marxism etc), to tell people about the 'unseen' female violence. And she paid a high price for it.

    She tried to fight paedophilia too, in times it was 'trendy' to support the idea.

    I won't say she's perfect, but there are few people that have been as brave, honnest and dedicated to Truth than her.

  10. #30
    Account not Activated
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,594
    Rep Power
    0
    This one wasn't bad:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •