Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 49

Thread: OK, so who are our rational feminist allies?

  1. #31
    The use of the word "rational". And, feminist in the same sentence really pains me. Sorry.

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by theplummer View Post
    I actually have little to complain about Summers. She tends to understand that with great power comes great responsibility. Many radical feminists don't really like her.

    I could probably live with her, but it wouldn't be ideal, as I don't believe an egalitarian relationship between the sexes is possible. The different genders just have different imperatives and to my mind the biblical patriarchal relationship is the best model. However, as far as a woman living in the "rest of the world" I have not herd anything yet that makes me cringe.
    If you want to get biblical ... then feminism goes against GOD's word and commands, I won't date a women unless she values these concepts and yet even a good amount of Christian women have been influenced by the gynocentric collective .... Y U C K !

    Proverbs 31:3
    Do not give your strength to women, your ways to those who destroy kings.

    1 Timothy 2:11 - 14
    Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. I do not permit a woman to teach or to usurp authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor.

    Usurp:
    /yoo ' serp
    take (a position of power or importance) illegally or by force.

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
    Feminism assigns a form of original sin to every male in the history of mankind.
    Very true and I see things very differently, for example:

    1 Timothy 2:11 - 14
    Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. I do not permit a woman to teach or to usurp authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor.

    Usurp:
    /yoo ' serp
    take (a position of power or importance) illegally or by force.

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    558
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    16
    As far as allies go, though anti-feminist rather than feminist, I'm fairly partial to Janice Fiamengo and the Fiamengo files on Youtube.

  5. #35
    Senior Member pbisque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    A midwest state in Murica
    Posts
    1,985
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    39
    The problem with feminist allies is one of human projection. We all do it and most of us don't recognize it.

    Good women with agency are simply exceptional, and I mean that in the statistical sense. The problem is they don't realize this. They think all women have the same level of agency that they do. They know that they would never use crying as a tool to get what they want at work. They know they would never shake their ass to get a promotion....

    And because of projection, they assume most other women think the same way. They are most certainly good people with good intentions. You know what they say about good intentions.
    I used to think collapse was inevitable. Now I realize it is necessary.

    It was only a matter of time before the bicycles realized that they in fact did not need the fish.

  6. #36
    Senior Member CamilleLion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    NYC & SF, USA
    Posts
    206
    Rep Power
    5
    Camille Paglia and Christina Hoff Sommers are both great.

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by CamilleLion View Post
    Camille Paglia and Christina Hoff Sommers are both great.
    ive seen plenty of their videos.

    they are off the deep end sometimes..........

    and sometimes they are spot on....

    but i'd personally love it if they both stopped calling themselves feminists, it isnt what they are and they are uneducated on their own doctrine.

    i think christina just holds onto it now because she can reach women more easily with that label..i dont know.

    either way they arnt feminists.
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    where were you before you put yourself last?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

  8. #38
    Senior Member CamilleLion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    NYC & SF, USA
    Posts
    206
    Rep Power
    5
    I agree that they are NOT feminist but I totally do think its wonderful and also super funny that nobody can stop them from describing themselves as such (because there is no cohesive definition of what "a feminists is" and in doing so, they gain entrance to their masses and can hence help to educate them from the inside -> out. I wonder who the next generation of Christina's and Camille's are though? They are your allies, don't discount that by getting hung up on labels.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    ive seen plenty of their videos.

    they are off the deep end sometimes..........

    and sometimes they are spot on....

    but i'd personally love it if they both stopped calling themselves feminists, it isnt what they are and they are uneducated on their own doctrine.

    i think christina just holds onto it now because she can reach women more easily with that label..i dont know.

    either way they arnt feminists.

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by CamilleLion View Post
    I agree that they are NOT feminist but I totally do think its wonderful and also super funny that nobody can stop them from describing themselves as such (because there is no cohesive definition of what "a feminists is" and in doing so, they gain entrance to their masses and can hence help to educate them from the inside -> out. I wonder who the next generation of Christina's and Camille's are though? They are your allies, don't discount that by getting hung up on labels.
    lol ye seen in that light its pretty good
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    where were you before you put yourself last?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

  10. #40
    Rationalism is antithetical to Feminist ideology... you cannot hold onto feminist doctrine and maintain a rational core without a significant amount of double-think. Feminism is a 'one theory fits all' approach... you can learn everything you need to know about being a feminist in about a week, and then no further learning is necessary... outside of a few techniques used to move goal-posts or frame your ideological opponent as some kind of threat narrative (sexist, racist, etc).

    Rationality requires the ability to suppress emotionality.. and feminism feeds off emotionality... so again.. contradictory states of mind.

    There are no feminist allies.. there are only former feminist allies and anti-feminist allies. Karen Straughan (GirlWritesWhat on youtube/twitter) is an excellent example of a male ally and rational person. She constructs arguments based on rational sources and has been very effective in reaching out to millions of men and women to help them see beyond the emotional/biases they have been indoctrinated with.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •