View Poll Results: Who's the biggest asshole in the thread?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Your mom

    0 0%
  • Grumpy Old Man (Because it's my thread, dammit!)

    1 100.00%
Page 240 of 251 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242250 ... LastLast
Results 2,391 to 2,400 of 2505

Thread: Political Ideology

  1. #2391
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    You realize that all the people he was up against had far more wealth and resources at their disposal than he and his team did?

    You talk like big bad rich old Donald Trump used his wealth and capital to hire a bunch of 'smart' people that ran some mom and pop drive-thru diner out of business or something.

    They took on and beat an entire extensive multi-national globalist cabal with wealth, assets and resources that far out stripped those that their own disposal.

    FAR.



    What unfolded makes perfect sense. It also comes it stark, direct and irreconcilable conflict with your entire world view. It makes sense that you would find it easier to dismiss what has happened as luck or magic rather than challenge the assumptions upon which your world view is built in order to effectively make sense of it.

    Don't worry you are in good company.
    So your argument is "because Hillary is even more terrible at managing people/money" that must mean "DT is good at managing people/money"...wrong...wrong.....wrong.
    What unfolded doesn't give DT any credibility, he happened to be on the right side at the right time. Politics is not a merit based sport.

    However, if it will satisfy your insatiable need to be "right" all the time, I will concede that shit is candy, just this once

  2. #2392
    Senior Member Maxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,623
    Blog Entries
    33
    Rep Power
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by theplummer View Post
    Exactly!!!

    Whether or not one agrees with the man's politics and positions, a intelligent person would have to agree that what he's accomplished, and how he's accomplished it, is nothing short of genius...

    Problem is, you are dealing with a whole bunch of 'educated idiots'.. Meaning people whom have had way too much education for their intellect... IOW, they are so stupid, that they think they are smart. You just can't reason with such a individual, and I've discovered that it just isn't worth my time
    At it's core this impulse to label those you don't agree with or don't like as 'dumb' is a very weak-minded and emotional impulse and so it's predictably most prevalent among those on the left.

    It seems for whatever reason the various ideologies of the left seem to appeal most intensely to those who favor emotion over logic and reason. And 'feels' over facts.

    Those on right on the other hand tend to call this 'giving the devil his due'.

    You will never ever ever catch me being dumb enough to call people like Clinton And Obama morons.

    Obama managed to successfully convince the majority of the electorate to vote for policies and ideas that were in direct opposition to their best interests...TWICE.

    That is not the track record of a 'moron'.

    Likewise Clinton almost managed to successfully convince the majority of the electorate to remain on the disastrous course set by her immediate predecessors. And that was on the back of an 30+ year career of effectively using a variety of government institutions as fronts for her and her families' private criminal enterprises.

    Again this is not the track record of a 'moron'. And only someone who is an impulsive moron themselves would ever argue otherwise.

    Didn't the late great Bruce Lee say 'never take your eyes off your opponent'?

    Underestimating your opponents prior to a defeat is hubris. I'm sure the Bible has a couple of lines of warning about that.

    Underestimating them in wake of a stunning and spectacular defeat in frankly infantile.

    It's regressive.

    "let me suck my thumb and blame my defeat on magic or the unpredictability and unfairness of the universe"

    It's the opposite of a growth mentality. Every defeat is an opportunity for growth.

    But growth is only possible once the defeat is acknowledged and accepted for what it was.

    And responsibility for it is not shirked by the defeated party.
    Last edited by Maxx; 03-20-2017 at 02:17 PM.
    "Being a cunt doesn't make you wrong." ComradePrescott

  3. #2393
    Senior Member Maxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,623
    Blog Entries
    33
    Rep Power
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by mik1 View Post
    So your argument is "because Hillary is even more terrible at managing people/money" that must mean "DT is good at managing people/money"...wrong...wrong.....wrong.
    No champ.

    You said 'he's not smart he just used his wealth to hire smart people', correct?

    That's only a valid argument IF he did so to score a victory over someone who had LESS resources and LESS disposable capital than he did (see my mom and pop's diner example).

    Yet, as it stands he scored his victory against someone who had INFINITELY MORE.

    But thanks for continuing to further prove my previous point.
    Last edited by Maxx; 03-20-2017 at 02:18 PM.
    "Being a cunt doesn't make you wrong." ComradePrescott

  4. #2394
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    No champ.

    You said 'he's not smart he just used his wealth to hire smart people', correct?

    That's only a valid argument IF he did so to score a victory over someone who had LESS resources and LESS disposable capital than he did (see my mom and pop's diner example).

    Yet, as it stands he scored his victory against someone who had INFINITELY MORE.

    But thanks for continuing to further prove my previous point.
    Why do you persist in pretending that you have a valid point? It isn't difficult for anyone with any level of intelligence to see the diverse factors that went into a Trump victory.
    Perhaps he is more charismatic than Clinton (shocking right...), perhaps he "lucked" out in how he chose to invest his money, perhaps he was offering the people what they wanted.
    None of the above requires any real intelligence.

    I'll throw you a bone here champ, there is the possibility that Trump is not a moron. There is the possibility that his apparent lack of intelligence is an intricate ploy of some sort. There is an admittedly small chance that Trump just encountered a lot of bad luck in running his inherited wealth and business ideas into the ground. You would have to be rather simple minded to believe that this is the more likely of the 2 scenarios, but you do seem to fit that mold

    When you inherit 10 million $ from daddy, it is very difficult to avoid making more money, regardless of your intelligence. All you have to do is pay others to do the thinking for you, it's not a difficult concept to grasp. Your argument that we should get behind the more capable of 2 turd flinging monkeys is inherently flawed. I don't care if Trump is the more cunning monkey, I'm not following a mentally retarded primate anywhere.

  5. #2395
    Senior Member Maxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,623
    Blog Entries
    33
    Rep Power
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by mik1 View Post
    I'll throw you a bone here champ, there is the possibility that Trump is not a moron. There is the possibility that his apparent lack of intelligence is an intricate ploy of some sort. There is an admittedly small chance that Trump just encountered a lot of bad luck in running his inherited wealth and business ideas into the ground. You would have to be rather simple minded to believe that this is the more likely of the 2 scenarios, but you do seem to fit that mold
    He didn't run his 'wealth and business' ideas into ground dude. Who told you that? CNN?

    You've clearly never attempted to set up or run any business venture of any kind in your entire life have you? At least admit that will ya.

    Business is all about risk. You win some and you lose some. And Trump has won so many more than he's lost it's not even funny.

    It's easy to sit on your ass and call another guy a loser because he lost a couple of times at a sport you aren't even smart enough to fucking play.

    Quote Originally Posted by mik1 View Post
    When you inherit 10 million $ from daddy, it is very difficult to avoid making more money, regardless of your intelligence. All you have to do is pay others to do the thinking for you, it's not a difficult concept to grasp.
    And yet millions of people who inherited comparable amounts of wealth failed to build on it effectively as he did.

    And yet all his numerous opponents this past election cycle had MORE money than he did with which to pay MORE people to do MORE thinking for them....and they still lost.

    Quote Originally Posted by mik1 View Post
    Your argument that we should get behind the more capable of 2 turd flinging monkeys is inherently flawed. I don't care if Trump is the more cunning monkey, I'm not following a mentally retarded primate anywhere.
    The only turd flinging monkey here is you. Sitting on an internet forum and flinging turds.

    For your own sake please abandon the infantile comfort you derive from dismissing individuals like Trump and Clinton as 'mentally retarded'.

    It's the equivalent of being on powdered milk while sucking your thumb. It might be comforting for a while but it's stunting your growth.

    Please grow up and learn to respect the capabilities and track records of individuals who's politics, ideas and/or mannerisms you might find personally objectionable. Please boy for your own sake.
    Last edited by Maxx; 03-20-2017 at 10:34 PM.
    "Being a cunt doesn't make you wrong." ComradePrescott

  6. #2396
    Account not Activated
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,594
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Deidre View Post
    #2

    And I haven't been arguing against socialism, I believe in a balanced mixed economy. I believe that socialist programs need an overhaul in the US, in the forms of assisting more on the education, and job training side of things.
    OK, now we are getting somewhere.

    And overall, I don't disagree; how do you feel about free college tuition at state universities?

  7. #2397
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    He didn't run his 'wealth and business' ideas into ground dude. Who told you that? CNN?

    You've clearly never attempted to set up or run any business venture of any kind in your entire life have you? At least admit that will ya.

    Business is all about risk. You win some and you lose some. And Trump has won so many more than he's lost it's not even funny.

    It's easy to sit on your ass and call another guy a loser because he lost a couple of times at a sport you aren't even smart enough to fucking play.



    And yet millions of people who inherited comparable amounts of wealth failed to build on it effectively as he did.

    And yet all his numerous opponents this past election cycle had MORE money than he did with which to pay MORE people to do MORE thinking for them....and they still lost.



    The only turd flinging monkey here is you. Sitting on an internet forum and flinging turds.

    For your own sake please abandon the infantile comfort you derive from dismissing individuals like Trump and Clinton as 'mentally retarded'.

    It's the equivalent of being on powdered milk while sucking your thumb. It might be comforting for a while but it's stunting your growth.

    Please grow up and learn to respect the capabilities and track records of individuals who's politics, ideas and/or mannerisms you might find personally objectionable. Please boy for your own sake.
    No reason to have a conversation if you aren't going to get the facts. I'd post them for you but you will probably just harp on about my source being "biased" even when it is open source. So probably better for you to do the legwork and get the info for yourself if you are inclined to actually learn something.
    I will say one thing though, why the fuck would I support/respect someone who thinks it's okay to bomb innocent civilians? I mean it's bad enough to be accepting of mass unintentional human casualties, but to encourage such terrorism? No thanks, only human beings with some form of moral values deserve respect.

    Or to put it another way, no more bones for you, go lay down, who's a good boy!...
    Last edited by mik1; 03-21-2017 at 12:02 AM.

  8. #2398
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    4,914
    Blog Entries
    12
    Rep Power
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by StrongSilentType View Post
    OK, now we are getting somewhere.
    The zombie Apocalypse is near.

    And overall, I don't disagree; how do you feel about free college tuition at state universities?
    If the student holds a certain GPA, yea, I'm all for it. There needs to be a commitment from the student at least on that end of it. There should be a 4.5 year max (because people do change their majors, like I did) and a certain GPA needs to be held. Then, I'd be down with that. I'm wondering what the quality of professors would be like, though. ''Free'' doesn't mean better, you know?

  9. #2399
    Quote Originally Posted by Deidre View Post
    The zombie Apocalypse is near.



    If the student holds a certain GPA, yea, I'm all for it. There needs to be a commitment from the student at least on that end of it. There should be a 4.5 year max (because people do change their majors, like I did) and a certain GPA needs to be held. Then, I'd be down with that. I'm wondering what the quality of professors would be like, though. ''Free'' doesn't mean better, you know?
    The quality of professors would probably be lower in the "free" schools, particularly once government corruption is in play. Of course you can still have paid schools for those who can afford a premium experience. It actually already works that way, the first 12 years of school are already government funded. The trick is making them count for something other than just a daily dumping ground for single moms.
    Last edited by mik1; 03-21-2017 at 01:42 AM.

  10. #2400
    Account not Activated
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,594
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Deidre View Post
    The zombie Apocalypse is near.
    Lol, we've been over that; "the other 85 minutes of the movie will be a romantic comedy"



    Quote Originally Posted by Deidre View Post
    If the student holds a certain GPA, yea, I'm all for it. There needs to be a commitment from the student at least on that end of it. There should be a 4.5 year max (because people do change their majors, like I did) and a certain GPA needs to be held. Then, I'd be down with that. I'm wondering what the quality of professors would be like, though. ''Free'' doesn't mean better, you know?
    On GPA: I'm not just talking university; what about trade schools? A high school diploma simply doesn't get you anywhere, and currently there is a terrible risk of borrowing money to go to school only for that field to no longer be in demand after you graduate (Ahem).

    Plus, we need plumbers.

    4.5 year max: I did my B.S. in 5 years; 11 semesters (2 summers they simply did not offer any courses I needed), averaging over 13 hours per semester (I took 21 one semester). 147 semester-hours, and a lot of those were labs, i.e. 1 semester hour, but it takes up 4 (or more!) hours per week. 3.0 GPA (Princeton's physics grad program, the best in the country, only requires a 3.1; physics is different).

    I barely made it. Some degrees are different, even if you don't change your mind.

    "Quality of professors:" I had one professor who had gone to Harvard. His opinion? "If you want to meet people who will grow up to be important, go to Harvard; if you want a first-class education in any subject, go to the University of Michigan." Expensive private schools are no better.

    I also think that, if it were free, not that many people would sign up just for the fun of it, especially in the harder (i.e. more useful) subjects. Are you going to come down and sit through an organic chemistry lecture, or write a paper on the cultural influence of Proust on the Romantic poets, just because you can?

    Astronomy, maybe, but physics profs fight over who gets to teach that class every year; they'd probably teach a section each on top of their usual courses for free!

    Foreign languages are another possibility, but... I can't even describe how I feel about the American educational systems lack of focus on foreign language.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •