Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are you reading?

Quote Originally Posted by Deidre View Post
    The ST Letters is fiction, but it's based on Truth. ^_^
    not read that one just posted on what i have read! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    where were you before you put yourself last?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

I'm reading 4 books right now.

I read the Bible daily. Just finished Proverbs tonight. Nice passage about not giving your strength to a woman.
    I am reading Think and Grow Rich.
    An autobiography by Barry Goldwater. I learned some interesting stuff about the Vietnam War. It also seems that during his 1964 Presidential Campaign, the media released inaccurate information about Goldwater, much the way it tries to destroy candidates today.
    I am also reading Mastery, by Robert Greene. It may be the best book that I have ever read!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by salesguy View Post
    I'm reading 4 books right now.

I read the Bible daily. Just finished Proverbs tonight. Nice passage about not giving your strength to a woman.
    Not sure that passage in proverbs means all women in general (as if women should be avoided at all costs, etc), just 'those who ruin kings' that follows right after the first part. lol

Not sure that passage in proverbs means all women in general (as if women should be avoided at all costs, etc), just 'those who ruin kings' that follows right after the first part. lol
    Oh, thanks for the clarification on that!

I just came across "DemoCRIPS and reBloodlicans: No More Gangs in Government" by Jesse Ventura at the library today, Of course, with a cover like that, I just had to take it out. I put everything else on hold and started reading it right away. I haven't even finished the 5th page of the introduction yet (out of 10) and already what he's written is completely terrifying to me. If what he's writing is truly the attitude of the US government (including Obama as the book's been updated to include at least up to the 2012 election, published in 2013), then the world as a whole is well and truly fucked.
    When a woman says to a man 'IF you really love me you would (INSERT VERB HERE)... 'IF you really love me you should buy/give/take/do X, Y, Z'... That's using...that's testing. And my answer to that is always; 'IF you loved me you wouldn't have asked that fucking question, now pack your shit and get the fuck out of my house.' - Maxx

Asking a feminist about men's rights is like asking a cattle rancher about veganism.

Heir to the Empire

hehe, it's a starwars novel. although it's THE starwars novel. this series is responsible (along with a comic book called dark empire) is responsible for the fans being revitalized and many a novel would not have been written if this one had not set the precedent.. the fact that almost all all the novels written later suck.. is too bad.

the first book opens, the Rebellion, now known as the New Republic, is still fighting to mop up final Imperial resistance and set up a functional government. Out in the fringes of the galaxy, the most brilliant of all the hand-picked Grand Admirals is gaining strength and preparing to attack the New Republic. After convincing a Dark Jedi to join his side, Grand Admiral Thrawn is confident in his victory.
    Very goog one. Should have inspired a good movie trilogy...

I have read, a long time ago, a 'parody' (another very good one), about a noble empire overthroned by a corrupt republic. I don't remeber the name...

The Screwtape Letters by CS Lewis. CS Lewis went from being a staunch atheist to a strong believer in Christ. I find him very easy to relate to, these days. Have read this book a few times, but coming back to some classics. (I don't read modern literature, as it just lacks what the classics seem to have)
    We seem to have a lot in common, I listened to TSL in cd form about 10 years ago, certainly kept me entertained during 90min long drives to/from work. Brilliant, both the content and narration. I wish I'd listened much earlier.
    >>"and in other news, the Judge in the case of AVFM Vs Feminazism ruled today that the creators of 'Gender Equality' are guilty of Intent to Obtain Social Change by Deception. The Feminazi case collapsed just one day into the trial, after a 1st year medical student demonstrated that men are not, in fact, equal to women".<<

Newbie AVFM Member, 2 days in: "My eyes, why do my eyes hurt?"

Jaybee, cautious tone: "You've never used them before".

Don't have the patience for books. Too much filler, too much waffle that passes as 'character development'.

I stick with Fanfiction, the summaries are often pretty indicative, given the stories are usually 2-10k words long they can't waste too much of your time, and those that do are outed in 2 mins tops. Put together a series of fave authors and you're onto a very good thing.
    >>"and in other news, the Judge in the case of AVFM Vs Feminazism ruled today that the creators of 'Gender Equality' are guilty of Intent to Obtain Social Change by Deception. The Feminazi case collapsed just one day into the trial, after a 1st year medical student demonstrated that men are not, in fact, equal to women".<<

Newbie AVFM Member, 2 days in: "My eyes, why do my eyes hurt?"

Jaybee, cautious tone: "You've never used them before".

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Very good one. Should have inspired a good movie trilogy...

yes.. its not as good as i remember but zahn was one of my favourites before this series..and still is today.

and the new SW looks like its all SJW + PC garbage.. i am trying to get my hopes WAY DOWN so maybe the movie will appear good to me ;]
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Kosh67 View Post
    I just came across "DemoCRIPS and reBloodlicans: No More Gangs in Government" by Jesse Ventura at the library today, Of course, with a cover like that, I just had to take it out. I put everything else on hold and started reading it right away. I haven't even finished the 5th page of the introduction yet (out of 10) and already what he's written is completely terrifying to me. If what he's writing is truly the attitude of the US government (including Obama as the book's been updated to include at least up to the 2012 election, published in 2013), then the world as a whole is well and truly fucked.
    i'll look it up..im inclined to almost always be on jesse's side... i dont disagree with him often and i think he's spot on even when i disagree!