Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Everyday Unbeliever

The Everyday Unbeliever

Thought it might be nice to have a thread where we can offer encouragement and support and make silly bets from a non-brainwashed based vantage point. Living life in freedom continues to be a perpetual joy. It would be great to hear how knowledge has changed and continues to shape your life. There are many approaches to rationality out there, so if you are outside of anyone of the religions, please feel free to chime in if you like.

Life is hard. It challenges us, and can really beat you down, if you let it. Bulldozers can move mountains, however. It can move your mountain. I didn't always think this, but now I do.

Look forward to reading how true knowledge has changed YOUR life, and if you would like to share daily doses of inspiration, science, research etc...or if you have an information request, ...this could be a good thread for stuff like that.

(Please all believers refrain from bashing here, i know some of you will want to, leave irreligious people there own post in peace.)

M

There is no male gaze

Feminism is a student paper tiger, where truth is always the opposite of the stated. Looking at the analysis of the "male gaze", critics describe women as being portrayed for the viewing pleasure of men. But looking at the material they present as evidence, as often as not one sees women posing for the viewing of men, sometimes with evident pleasure. This is something women do, and spend millions preparing for. So what we see is not really any male gaze, but a female self-display, as a prelude and invitation to courtship, with perhaps also not so little of female competition for male attention.

What is love?

Is this an issue for the MHRM? Is it an issue for the MGTOW or PUA more than for the MRA?
    How do men love? How do they fall in and out of love? Theories of love ange from brain chemistry to cosmic metaphysics. As a human emotion, philosophers have described it as the ultimate beta selflessness - being happy for another's happiness - , but also the epitome of alpha selfishness - a desire for total posession of the loved one.
    So what is love, and who has it?

M

Feminisms robber baronesses

Just to bring some materialist analysis to the issue, theory predicts that feminism should have some material rewards. And indeed it does. As the list of demands grow, there is an eerie similarity to other expanding empires known from history. The Romans were doomed to always conquer another border state in order to pay for the previous campaign - imperial expansion became a self-sustaining process, and at the same time a self-consuming disease: to stop expanding was to die.
    And that is what we see in the ever increasing demands of services and positions for women: a robber reward system whereby they want to secure goods to reward all those who hitch their wagons to feminism's star, be it childcare, health programs, job creation schemes, university tenure or company board positions.

M

Blog Entries
    Until you learn to respect other opinions, ie, "the brainwashed" AND have the courage of your own convictions, so as to be able to defend your faith rationally, with serious, valid argument, you will only live in an echo chamber of the infantile.

(reference the OP) I find that with Atheism, I can deal with loss and life's disappointments easier by just accepting them as 'shit happens'! I know that there's no magical boogie-man in the sky who is targeting me for any unknown sins or transgressions. I don't wrack my brain trying to figure out why the bad stuff happens. It makes life understandable. I know that sounds pretty 'infantile' but it's what works for me...
    "The truth is sometimes a poor competitor in the market of ideas" George F. Kennan

Quote Originally Posted by Autolite View Post
    (reference the OP) I find that with Atheism, I can deal with loss and life's disappointments easier by just accepting them as 'shit happens'! I know that there's no magical boogie-man in the sky who is targeting me for any unknown sins or transgressions. I don't wrack my brain trying to figure out why the bad stuff happens. It makes life understandable. I know that sounds pretty 'infantile' but it's what works for me...
    Agreed. I don't think supernatural kriters, with or without nightshirts, are busy putting hairs in my drain, or puncture my bike because I did not observe the Sabbath.

And ... in 5 bill years the Sun burns out. A few billion years later, the Milky Way will collide with Andromeda. Not fun, but nice fireworks, I guess. Then solar systems and galaxies will all break up, and in th end all that will be left, after the terminal proton decay, is universe-wide uniformly distributed subatomic dust.
    Ain't even no use busting one's chops becoming famous and leaving a legacy etc. Here, and then gone.

M

the race will go to the stars once the 1% find a personal gain in it. ive no doubt we will go off and...

...ruin other planets
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Manalysis View Post
    Feminism is a student paper tiger, where truth is always the opposite of the stated. Looking at the analysis of the "male gaze", critics describe women as being portrayed for the viewing pleasure of men. But looking at the material they present as evidence, as often as not one sees women posing for the viewing of men, sometimes with evident pleasure. This is something women do, and spend millions preparing for. So what we see is not really any male gaze, but a female self-display, as a prelude and invitation to courtship, with perhaps also not so little of female competition for male attention.
    And a culture of no-touching will automatically develop into a visual culture, one where any attractor will have to emphasize the available clues to desireability, the visual ones. Monogamy = Beauty contest?

M

Quote Originally Posted by Manalysis View Post
    Agreed. I don't think supernatural kriters, with or without nightshirts, are busy putting hairs in my drain, or puncture my bike because I did not observe the Sabbath.
    I find another bonus is not having to worry about Hell. I really don't understand how the christians (at least the ones who believe the bible) deal with it. There is supposedly only one hundred and forty four thousand souls that are ever going to be allowed into Heaven. Throughout the entire history of mankind, that's an infinitesimally small number. I would think that you would almost need to be a saint just to be in the window!

If I were still a christian. I think the thought of going to Hell would drive me absolutely bonkers. I mean it's a FUCKING ETERNITY of torture and misery with the likelihood of ending up there being astronomically high, no matter how good of a person you might think you are. I think that this is why many christians choose to claim that the bible is not meant to believed literally. It's a coping mechanism so that they can reconcile a terrifying and horrific concept with a supposedly loving god...
    Last edited by Autolite; 01-16-2016 at 08:06 PM.
    "The truth is sometimes a poor competitor in the market of ideas" George F. Kennan