Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Europe

Hello from Europe

Hi everyone, I have been aware of the existence of the MRM for a while now, but I have really started to become interested in it thanks to the people at Honey Badger Radio (and of course a lot of it is thanks to Karen Straugham: she's an intellectual powerhouse).

I come from a place that is estraneous for many people in this forum, as far as I can tell, since I have really no big history of my parents being abused/abusive, separated or preying on each other, nor did I have any incredibly disfunctional relationship with a woman or anything. In fact, even though we're probably going to break up soon for a host of other reasons, my current girlfriend (with whom I have been for four years now... not really happy about ending it, but I think it's probably inevitable) is an intelligent, caring, creative, generous and understanding person.

The reason why I'm here is that I am very concerned with social problems like discrimination, abuse and the vile rhetoric of those who, knowingly or not, promote them. For a while, I have been writing articles on a weekly basis for a local LGBT themed blog (you see, my longest standing friendship is with a homosexual guy, which is one of the reasons why I am very passionate about the issue) and, even though the rest of the team was surprisingly politically diverse and tolerant, feminist rhethoric and extreme left bullshit (I identify as moderately liberal, btw... or, at least, I did while I was writing there; my position has changed a bit in the meantime and I don't really know where I stand right now) did make its way into this project a lot.

I'm finding myself less and less able to comply with the politically correct culture that is on the rise in most of the western world, so it is only natural that I gravitate towards a movement that is both anti-establishment and concerned with compassion and the plight of the many unheard voices of men and boys who suffer everyday. So, that's pretty much why I'm here.

In my country, the MRM is mostly unkown, of course, and most of the articles in my mothertongue that you can find on Google are from feminists complaining about its "misogyny" and "borderline rape apology", so I wanted to help by spreading the word here: many people say that I am a talented communicator (I have been working in that direction since my early teens), especially when writing, which is why I think I might be of some use in order to help this often overlooked cause.

Thank you for accepting me into this community, I hope it will be a positive experience both for me and those that I'm going to meet.

Blog Entries
    Hello Broderick,

Welcome to the forums! Yup, we all like Karen Straughan and the Honey Badgers.

We're a diverse bunch of people with a variety of stories and backgrounds. You'll fit right in fine!
    FEMINISM is a HATE GROUP - Feminists are HATEFUL PEOPLE
    It's time to call it out for what it is.

The World of Men - Men's Rights / MGTOW / Sites of Interest to Men

http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...nterest-to-Men

Blog Entries
    Welcome Broderick, you will definitely find a lot of interesting open minded discussion and debate here. Hopefully you can find ideas, information and themes that can use to communicate with others.

It's good to see that people are keen to join in this struggle to restore some balance, tolerance and sanity to the social debate, who are motivated by what they are observing, rather than just what they are experiencing, either directly or because it is happening to people they care about.

If people can see things are wrong, then we are lot closer to solving the problem.

Have an interesting, and hopefully enjoyable (sometimes at least) time on this forum.

hello Broderick
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee. - Donne

"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
    "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

"What remains for most men in modern life is a world of expectation without reward, burden without honor and service without self" - Paul Elam

hello, have you considered hosting a "THE RED PILL" screener and inviting all those people you worked with and interacted with?! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    hello Broderick
    discrimination! you nicknamed eddie and not broderick now eddie has a legitimate complaint!
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

I actually did consider hosting a screening of "The Red Pill" when I saw that that was an option... then I saw the cost and said "welp, nevermind then"... I will be waiting for the availability of DVDs and I will show them to my friends and family, just to show them what is this thing all about, as they are very open minded and I think they probably wouldn't flip their shit. The only positive thing of living in one of the most Catholic nations in the world is that 3rd wave feminism is struglling really hard to assert itself over here, so it's fertile ground for other opposing ideas.
    "Our instinctive apparatus consists of two parts — the one tending to further our own life and that of our descendants, the other tending to thwart the lives of supposed rivals. The first includes the joy of life, and love, and art, which is psychologically an offshoot of love. The second includes competition, patriotism, and war. Conventional morality does everything to suppress the first and encourage the second. True morality would do the exact opposite."

-Bertrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Beour3rd View Post
    discrimination! you nicknamed eddie and not broderick now eddie has a legitimate complaint!
    I'm fickle.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee. - Donne

"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
    "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

"What remains for most men in modern life is a world of expectation without reward, burden without honor and service without self" - Paul Elam

Quote Originally Posted by Broderick512 View Post
    I actually did consider hosting a screening of "The Red Pill" when I saw that that was an option... then I saw the cost and said "welp, nevermind then"... I will be waiting for the availability of DVDs and I will show them to my friends and family, just to show them what is this thing all about, as they are very open minded and I think they probably wouldn't flip their shit. The only positive thing of living in one of the most Catholic nations in the world is that 3rd wave feminism is struglling really hard to assert itself over here, so it's fertile ground for other opposing ideas.
    it would not cost much.

how old are you? are you in school? or do you know anyone who would be interested in watching it? who is in school?

I am a university student, I barely have the money to make Christmas presents right now and the cost is no less than 400$, which is what I would pay if I managed to convince them that the screening is for Academic purposes, which is not, so I would have to pay no less than 500$. In both cases, right now I really cannot afford it, unfortunately.
    "Our instinctive apparatus consists of two parts — the one tending to further our own life and that of our descendants, the other tending to thwart the lives of supposed rivals. The first includes the joy of life, and love, and art, which is psychologically an offshoot of love. The second includes competition, patriotism, and war. Conventional morality does everything to suppress the first and encourage the second. True morality would do the exact opposite."

-Bertrand Russell