Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Speaking of censorship ...

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    ok then.
    What do you mean by this?
    Now, I may misunderstand this, but according to Wiki:

"Prior restraint (also referred to as prior censorship[1] or pre-publication censorship) is censorship imposed, usually by a government, on expression before the expression actually takes place.
    Prior restraint prevents the censored material from being heard or distributed at all ..."

This is what the baddies want to have.

" In some countries (e.g., United States ...) prior restraint by the government is forbidden, subject to certain exceptions, by a constitution."

This is why they cannot have it.

Or, and that was the question: does it help to fight censorship of the net?

M

Well, IMO the baddies have launched a two-pronged attack aimed at giving themselves the 'authority' to make law as they see fit, either by gerrymander or fiat.
    Secondly, there are private companies that have either been authorised, or permitted, or have taken it on themselves to force a culture of prior-constraint.
    FacistBook for instance are taking it on with the overt approval of certain governments (if you can call them that).

Participation in such forums delivered and moderated by these private interests, is now contingent on 'proper' behaviour.
    Prior-restraint becomes self-censorship.

you cannot fight censorship on the net when participation is contingent on prescribed behaviour. It already is censorship.

the only way, is speak and be damned.

Somewhere, Kafka and Orwell are playing chess
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

“Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction.” -Unknown

"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
    "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

The worst thing about censorship is ██████ ███████

"Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

“Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction.” -Unknown

"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
    "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    lol 4:10 she has a good point shes about to make and he cuts her off and makes a non point!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Last edited by MatrixTransform; 01-13-2017 at 09:59 PM.