Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Mayonaise shouldn't be a default condiment

  1. #1
    Senior Member Mifune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Mid Atlantic
    Posts
    2,125
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    59

    Mayonaise shouldn't be a default condiment

    Does anyone else hate mayo? I find it disgusting. I don't eat anything like tuna-salad or chicken-salad or anything mayo-based and I hate having it on my sandwiches.

    So why does every damn restaurant in the world put mayo on everything unless you say not to.

    I'm usually pretty careful about it, but I ordered a BBQ Burger today. Silly me I thought with BBQ sauce on it it wouldn't have a big fucking slathering of mayo too. Nope, still mayo-ed.

    It's just annoying. Every time you order something you haven't ordered before you have to ask them if it comes with mayo and then ask them not to put it on there....and then about 30% of the time you have to hand it back to them and say "this was supposed to be without mayo" anyway.
    "...but when she goes off you, she will not just walk away, she will walk away with your fucking skin in a jar." ~~ DoctorRandomercam
    "The laws of man, they don't apply when blood gets in a woman's eye" - The Black Keys

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The netherlands
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    4
    Never had that problem.
    then again here in the Netherlands we have good mayo.

    Fun fact Hellman's for example can't put mayonnaise on its jars because it does not meet the ingredient standards to be classified as mayo.

  3. #3
    Account not Activated
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,594
    Rep Power
    0
    I'm not the biggest mayo fan, but the only place I have an issue with it is at subway, where they seem to insist on filling the sandwich with it.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Deidre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    5,051
    Blog Entries
    12
    Rep Power
    69
    Ew...a bbq sandwich with mayo on it? Ick. You should have asked for your money back. :/

  5. #5
    Senior Member Mifune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Mid Atlantic
    Posts
    2,125
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Deidre View Post
    Ew...a bbq sandwich with mayo on it? Ick. You should have asked for your money back. :/
    Right? And that's the problem, you have to be flawlessly vigilante.

    I wouldn't expect a siracha burger to have mayo on it, it's got siracha......just like I wouldn't expect a BBQ burger to have mayo...it has BBQ sauce.

    I think it's frustrating because I really should know better. You can never assume because apparently everyone but my family loves the stuff.
    "...but when she goes off you, she will not just walk away, she will walk away with your fucking skin in a jar." ~~ DoctorRandomercam
    "The laws of man, they don't apply when blood gets in a woman's eye" - The Black Keys

  6. #6
    Senior Member Mifune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Mid Atlantic
    Posts
    2,125
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Braytac View Post
    Never had that problem.
    then again here in the Netherlands we have good mayo.

    Fun fact Hellman's for example can't put mayonnaise on its jars because it does not meet the ingredient standards to be classified as mayo.
    I'm pretty skeptical that I'd like even the "good" mayo. Just hate the stuff....it ruins everything it touches for me.
    "...but when she goes off you, she will not just walk away, she will walk away with your fucking skin in a jar." ~~ DoctorRandomercam
    "The laws of man, they don't apply when blood gets in a woman's eye" - The Black Keys

  7. #7
    Senior Member Deidre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    5,051
    Blog Entries
    12
    Rep Power
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifune View Post
    Right? And that's the problem, you have to be flawlessly vigilante.

    I wouldn't expect a siracha burger to have mayo on it, it's got siracha......just like I wouldn't expect a BBQ burger to have mayo...it has BBQ sauce.

    I think it's frustrating because I really should know better. You can never assume because apparently everyone but my family loves the stuff.
    lol I know. ^_^

    The best thing to do (that I do) is order everything without anything on it. (and then if they want to have the stuff on the side, they can do that) Even salads, I order them plain. I'll put the dressing on myself. lol I eat healthy, so, when I eat out - just don't want my lunch/dinner drowning in condiments, dressings, etc.

    Siracha...now that stuff's yummy. lol

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    137
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    3
    Mayonaise is not a default condiment, it's a gender bigot!

  9. #9
    i used to HATE mayo
    now i love mayo
    i make my own mayo


    i invite people to search for EDTA which is found in most canned goods and in mayo. and find out what that shit contains ;]


    Quote Originally Posted by Braytac View Post
    Fun fact Hellman's for example can't put mayonnaise on its jars because it does not meet the ingredient standards to be classified as mayo.
    ahh hellman's has mayonnaise written all over it's jar..youre thinking of miracle whip.........
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

  10. #10
    Senior Member mr_e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Eastern USA
    Posts
    7,514
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    70
    I generally do oil and vinegar unless the sandwich is for some reason supposed to have mayo on it, like maybe Tuna salad or something.
    FEMINISM is a HATE GROUP - Feminists are HATEFUL PEOPLE
    It's time to call it out for what it is.



    The World of Men - Men's Rights / MGTOW / Sites of Interest to Men

    http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...nterest-to-Men

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •