Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this supposed to be funny or...?

Blog Entries

Is this supposed to be funny or...?

It's scary that whoever put this sign out front, thinks this somehow empowers women. Or was it supposed to be funny? I belong to a gym, love working out, but I don't desire to beat up men. Am I doin' it wrong?

I am as clueless as you, it looks like a joke, but I don't know who is the punch line here.

sexist
    snobbish
    and violent

now if that's not female empowerment thru and thru, I don't know what is
    A man can gain no more respect than by, laying down his life for a woman. And a woman, no more than by, beating down a man. For a man to ask, what is fair and good and true and just, is to offend.

Quote Originally Posted by Deidre View Post
    It's scary
    :::::::_______ (safe space) _______ :::::::

that whoever put this sign out front, thinks this somehow empowers women. Or was it supposed to be funny?
    Yes, it's a friggin' joke. Once every gazillion years even people outside our tribe can write something half-funny.
    Last one I saw was in the early seventies, when they carried a placard saying "More men to the moon!"
    That was good for a chuckle.

Work out until you body becomes wolf-whistle-after-able, and at the same time so strong that you can beat them up if you don't like it?
    Yeah, classic wish fulfillment. And I can actually sympathize with classic wishfulfillment.

I belong to a gym, love working out, but I don't desire to beat up men. Am I doin' it wrong?
    Nah, you're probably just a wimp.

M

Its just a bit of a lark... IMO.

Construction workers are tough motherfuckers... you can work out all you want as a women.. you're not going to beat up a construction worker.. not even the five foot nothing guy. If you've never done the job, try it for a day or so.. they don't need gym memberships.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
    Its just a bit of a lark... IMO.

Construction workers are tough motherfuckers... you can work out all you want as a women.. you're not going to beat up a construction worker.. not even the five foot nothing guy. If you've never done the job, try it for a day or so.. they don't need gym memberships.
    Lol Agree. Men whistling etc., it's great to receive compliments from men. I don't feel "objectified" when it happens, even if feminists think I should. That part is actually a good/funny line for a gym to use. But it's joking about beating up men that i thought was wrong. No one jokes about violence against women and no one should, but why is it that women hitting men is seen as funny or justifiable? It's that kind of subliminal messaging that makes domestic violence against men, often get dismissed.

Thanks for your input.
    Last edited by Deidre; 01-28-2017 at 08:46 PM.

I do believe the sign is just a funny gesture. Thats what theyre meant to be right?

Why is is funny? I think because it takes the piss outta the women since generally, theyre neither sexy nor powerful .
    As a guy Im not outraged in the least.
    My response as both a construction worker and a part time deliverer of very elegant beatings, I know that the power is mine to deny that woman either satisfaction.

Feminists 'should' be outraged...but theyre probably too busy getting blue hair and making protest vagina suits to notice.

The other day I did some investigation work in a ceiling space of the Head Office of a very prominent Australian women's fashion label.
    I swear Ive never seen a place like it ...100's of hotties
    and its summer here so theyre dolled up in their best (use yr imagination)

With my Superman prescription glasses, wild hair, and one armed hefting a ladder that would take 2 of them to carry, the effect was ...um amusing.
    All of a sudden theyre all finding reasons to pick up something under the desk, or sit up just a little bit straighter
    The a gaggle of the most 'powerful' of them crossed the floor to explain in detail the nature of the problems
    While I smiled at them full in the face thinkingg 'damn, I reckon I could do a decent job of giving what you need'

Ever the professional though, I gave them nothin' else

rooster in the hen house!
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee. - Donne

"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
    "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

"What remains for most men in modern life is a world of expectation without reward, burden without honor and service without self" - Paul Elam

Statistics show that the most likely situation when a woman gets hit by her mate is right after she punches him in the mouth. This is also true in Mexico, the difference is in Mexico woman are taught not to punch their mates in the mouth.

I think the reason women are so outraged and horrified when they get their lights punched out is because they suddenly realize what their husbands are capable of. The man accepts insults, slaps, and more, for years. One day she punches him in the mouth and before he gets himself under control she is out for the count. She realizes he could have done it at any time, and it scares the hell out of her.

It is sort of like not long ago, I finally realized my Army buddy and I had indeed made it to the summit area of Mt. Rainier in 1965, not to the peak, but to the nearly flat place across the top. That was good, but then I heard it had been possible while we were up there, we could have faced 60 mph winds and freezing rain. Even 50 years later, it made chills run up and down my spine to realize just how stupid we were to be up there, dressed for warm weather.

I remember accompanying my son to Tae-Kwon-Do classes when he was a teen. The men would let out manly jungle yells when they punched. The women seemed to be confident they could whip their weight in wild cats, but their sounds were more like a rabbit being eaten by a fox.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by simpleman View Post
    I am as clueless as you, it looks like a joke, but I don't know who is the punch line here.
    The punch line is obviously Men.

Just more Feminist "LOVE" for Men.

Fellas, don't you feel all warm and snuggly inside???
    FEMINISM is a HATE GROUP - Feminists are HATEFUL PEOPLE
    It's time to call it out for what it is.

The World of Men - Men's Rights / MGTOW / Sites of Interest to Men

http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...nterest-to-Men

its a funny gesture but still totally sexist and shows rampant gynocentrism
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.