Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Broken Hand

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by StrongSilentType View Post
    Thanks all.

    MT, that says more about you than it does me.

    FYI, I punched a door that I had just left open (I was in a rush and pissed off), only to find that someone came along right behind me and pushed it to. It was supposed to open and it didn't.

    Broke Metacarpal V, have to go in tomorrow to have it set.
    my Metacarpal V on right hand is so destroyed if i write (with a pen)for extended periods it gets weird cramps (you know like the ones under your foot when you swim?)

    anyways. it'll probably be fine..but why did you wait to get it set? a lot of healing happens in the first few days and.. means re-break probably. at least it would for me..
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

  2. #12
    Senior Member mr_e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Eastern USA
    Posts
    7,511
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by StrongSilentType View Post
    Just a warning, I may not be as vocal as usual for a few weeks, since I broke my hand, today.

    Or, I might be more vocal! It depends on whether I will be working or not....

    Well, here's hoping it was the left hand and not the right one...

    ;-)
    FEMINISM is a HATE GROUP - Feminists are HATEFUL PEOPLE
    It's time to call it out for what it is.



    The World of Men - Men's Rights / MGTOW / Sites of Interest to Men

    http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...nterest-to-Men

  3. #13
    Account not Activated
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,594
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    anyways. it'll probably be fine..but why did you wait to get it set? a lot of healing happens in the first few days and.. means re-break probably. at least it would for me..
    No insurance = waiting on free clinic. I'm just lucky that it's tomorrow and no one else has an appointment.

  4. #14
    Account not Activated
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,594
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_e View Post
    Well, here's hoping it was the left hand and not the right one...

    ;-)
    No such luck.

    But then, what modern man hasn't switched over to a fleshlight yet?

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by StrongSilentType View Post
    MT, that says more about you than it does me.
    yup, it surely does.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

    And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee. - Donne

    "What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
    "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

    "What remains for most men in modern life is a world of expectation without reward, burden without honor and service without self" - Paul Elam

  6. #16
    Get well soon dude

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by StrongSilentType View Post
    No insurance = waiting on free clinic. I'm just lucky that it's tomorrow and no one else has an appointment.
    fucking USA system sucks for that ;[

    did they have to break it again? or did you have it set yourself decent enough that they just needed a split?

    ive done that where i made myself a plaster/fibre split myself..worked fine. my hand was fucked up by a doctor once.. so im skeptical of them
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

  8. #18
    Account not Activated
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,594
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    fucking USA system sucks for that ;[

    did they have to break it again? or did you have it set yourself decent enough that they just needed a split?

    ive done that where i made myself a plaster/fibre split myself..worked fine. my hand was fucked up by a doctor once.. so im skeptical of them
    No, I set it myself right after it happened, before it swelled up, so no problems there.

    I actually only have a half-splint that I can take off to shower and such, so it's not really bad at all; classic boxer's fracture

    Plus, everyone in the waiting room at the free hand clinic told me not to get pins unless it was absolutely necessary, and not even the surgeon was pushing it, so...

    Compared to my son breaking his femur 3 years ago, this is nothing at all.

    Thanks, everyone!

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by StrongSilentType View Post
    No, I set it myself right after it happened, before it swelled up, so no problems there.

    I actually only have a half-splint that I can take off to shower and such, so it's not really bad at all; classic boxer's fracture

    Plus, everyone in the waiting room at the free hand clinic told me not to get pins unless it was absolutely necessary, and not even the surgeon was pushing it, so...

    Compared to my son breaking his femur 3 years ago, this is nothing at all.

    Thanks, everyone!
    aah ok. boxer fracture means 2 weeks in a splint = healed

    you'l be fine and yeah pins are never needed almost.. only when the break is nasty as fuck.. ive had pins once and man was it uncomfortable.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

  10. #20
    its usually what happens when yr trying to poke somebody and swinging wildly.

    if yr dumb enough to hit the bag, a head, yr opponent's arms, or...LMFAO, a door!! ... then fuck it you deserve a fracture

    In my book it is about as ridiculously stupid as walking in front front of a car

    first and last time was 35 years ago and I still have the scar where the bone protruded.

    ...stop whinging will ya?
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

    And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee. - Donne

    "What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
    "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

    "What remains for most men in modern life is a world of expectation without reward, burden without honor and service without self" - Paul Elam

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •