Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's With All the Skinny Models?

Well, I'm glad you guys have it all figured out, but it still beats the hell outta me.

Blog Entries
    When was the last time a bunch of dudes got together to watch a fashion show? Seriously its a female equivalent of a bar called "pump and dump", promising a lot but you will only find a bunch of horny dudes inside, the same way fashion industry is full of gay men and women who havent the vaguest idea what men find attractive but still present themselves as authorities, men have zero interest in it, and yet women somehow still buy into it, against all reason.
    I sexually identify as a sword pommel, check your privilege or i will have to end you RIGHTLY.

Well the fashion industry is about selling clothes to women.

And apparently the best way to do that is to use really skinny models to make women "imagine" wearing it all light and comfortable and not bloated from a heavy lunch.

They're selling the sizzle, not the steak.

Personally, I like my women a little meatier.

Quote Originally Posted by dubs View Post
    Well the fashion industry is about selling clothes to women.

And apparently the best way to do that is to use really skinny models to make women "imagine" wearing it all light and comfortable and not bloated from a heavy lunch.

They're selling the sizzle, not the steak.

Personally, I like my women a little meatier.
    i agree with this but...
    its ironic considering the "we look good fat" movement as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    i agree with this but...
    its ironic considering the "we look good fat" movement as well.
    Seems like women are just terrified of remaining at a healthy bmi, much better to either risk starvation or a heart attack and blame it all on men.