Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello =)

Hello =)

Hello everyone,

My name is Dee and I had been a member here last year, but I'm guessing my account was deleted due to inactivity .. as well as the very few things I've written.

I join again today because I always appreciated the high level of respect and maturity found on "A Voice for Men" as opposed to other forums in which hostility seemed to be the norm.

But then again, the whole world is apparently unable to accommodate friendly discussion these days, and thoughts are fiercely defended rather than shared.

I've been roaming around the site for a few days, waiting for my account to be moderated, and I've enjoyed a lot of what I read, even when I found myself in disagreement at times, because at least I felt the "normalcy" of some ideas exchanged in here as opposed to the abnormal ones forced upon us under the guise of progress.

I try not to label myself under categories since we all have our own misconceptions about labels. Overall .. honesty, simplicity, and directness are things I always gravitate towards .. which explains my detest for politicians and governments in general.

I trust in people because they are human beings while institutions are not. I believe that without the interference of politics & propaganda, peaceful human interaction would be inevitable due to our humanness and simple dreams of settling down. Our goals are simple, while institutions are driven by greed .. and money truly is the root of all evil when it is the sole goal of any pursuit.

We've been indoctrinated into placing so many layers .. of race, gender, and religion onto others that we're blinded from perceiving their humanity. By consciously removing these layers, we are only removing our own fears, ignorance, and prejudice and therefore .. allow genuine communication.

As for what "A Voice for Men" stands for, I can honestly say that I'm neither a "feminist" nor an "anti feminist" but rather, I find myself in complete disagreement with how "feminism" has been perceived, interpreted, and reacted to.

There are a lot of things to be said, but for the most part, what intrigues me is the ongoing debate about how feminism has "ruined" patriarchy in Western communities, which I find ludicrous and I'll explain why. Also, it bothers me that no one seems to retrace the reason behind the feminist movement, which I think goes way beyond a bunch of women trying to be men.

Why did feminism rise only in Western civilizations? Religion has nothing to do with it since many gender-traditional countries are also non-religious. Why do many women in the West want to be treated like men and thus attain the "male status"? Why is it that a lot of people here, male & female alike, want to appear, act, or be aggressive? I've been thinking about these issues and I've always gone back to this answer: It's the construct of power on which Western civilization was built. It's a big topic, at least for me, and I hope we can share ideas about that on the forum.

Anyway, I believe that the "world" in which we live has always been patriarchal and will always remain that way. This is a fact whether acknowledged or not; men are always initiators while women are always followers. This by no means suggests the "inferiority" of one gender to another but a statement regarding our basic constitution and nature as human beings who compliment one another through our differences. In fact, the greater the polarity we have between us as men and women, the greater the attraction.

Examples of that are all around. Major traffic accident, fires, natural disasters .. a damn burglar in the house .. you name it. Who's always rushing to the rescue? Who will instinctively, and to this day, make the decision to initiate action? And who will instinctively wait to be saved? Men will always be yang: initiators and active by nature, while women will always be yin: gentle and nurturers by their own nature. Otherwise, we would have gone extinct long ago. And human nature does not change, only human actions do. So maybe through greed and the pursuit of power .. the normal dynamics between genders may shift, but their natures never change.

This is why I'm always saddened by the full-fledged war that's going on between genders because it's never going to be a solution to anything. Ever since humanity was created, it's always been about the two of us. Once I learned what MGTOW stood for, I couldn't help but wonder .. go their own way? Go where? And are there any women on the other side? Why risk our own continuity and go against human nature out of spite or out of being angry?

As for feminism specifically, I read some posts here about re-constructing the current model of feminism into one that is more rational. Frankly, I don't mind if the whole word got tossed out the window, never mind the re-construction. From what I've seen so far, feminism has nothing to do with women at all but with men. It really is funny in a way, how feminism solely revolves around men .. their issues, their pursuit, their problems no matter how big or small .. while real women problems are never brought up.

Think about it:
    "We want our nipples freed just like the mens' nipples!"
    "Incriminate cat-calling cuz men never get catcalled!"
    "We don't want to fear rape because men don't!"
    "Increase soccer funds for girls to match the boys'!"

These aren't women issues but a life that revolves around men as well as the desire to be treated like a man. Here's an idea. Want women to be women? Reverse our roles for a while and stay at home. Play along and can I guarantee you that within 6 months, feminists will be lined up to complain about how you men stole the job they were destined to do. Four months if y'all pretend to lactate.

Feminism isn't about women, but many still seek it despite its flaws & harm. Feminism, in essence, isn't about men either but about the pursuit of the "male status", yet this is only because it seems to correspond with the term "power". Again, I think this heavily relates to the construct of power in Western civilizations, which can be seen through their ranking as the most dominant continents, especially after the industrial revolution and the "hunger for more", as well as through their interaction with the rest of the world, most of which are modest & humble in comparison.

By the way, all feminist bills and laws came into being today through legislators, who are predominantly male. But then again they're politicians and/or conglomerate soulless devils, and I know where I stand with those. So you're basically not fighting women but an entire system that is dismantling the very core of our continuity as an ethnic group: the family structure.

It's not about us vs. you but about our inseparable lives as two genders whose souls were created to dwell in one another.

I'm sorry about how long this intro turned out to be .. anyway this is where I'm coming from

Welcome to the AVFM forums Dee. I think most of your views are a bit simplistic, can easily be debunked (and have been countless times in these forums alone), and are rather self-serving (from a woman's standpoint), but welcome nonetheless.
    “No one is free who has not obtained the empire of himself. No man is free who cannot command himself.”
    ― Pythagoras

MGTOW isnt about anger or spite.

its about self preservation and interest.

welcome to the boards.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee View Post
    Hello everyone
    Hiya

Feminism, in essence, isn't about men either but about the pursuit of the "male status", yet this is only because it seems to correspond with the term "power". Again, I think this heavily relates to the construct of power in Western civilizations
    Certainly a view with the finest of pedigrees:
    "Humankind craves the feeling of power. The history of the means we have employed to achieve that feeling is practically the history of European culture." (F. W. Nietzsche)

Feminism is so twisted, it's harder to grasp than an dozen fence posts. Good to be reminded of some of the twists we do not always have in view.

M

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the forums

hello Dee.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee. - Donne

"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
    "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

"What remains for most men in modern life is a world of expectation without reward, burden without honor and service without self" - Paul Elam

Blog Entries
    Hello everyone,

My name is Dee and I had been a member here last year, but I'm guessing my account was deleted due to inactivity .. as well as the very few things I've written.

I join again today because I always appreciated the high level of respect and maturity found on "A Voice for Men" as opposed to other forums in which hostility seemed to be the norm.

It's not about us vs. you but about our inseparable lives as two genders whose souls were created to dwell in one another.

I'm sorry about how long this intro turned out to be .. anyway this is where I'm coming from

Hi Dee,

Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you, to debate or just hang out-- your choice (or both ;-)
    FEMINISM is a HATE GROUP - Feminists are HATEFUL PEOPLE
    It's time to call it out for what it is.

The World of Men - Men's Rights / MGTOW / Sites of Interest to Men

http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...nterest-to-Men

malcolm

You may have labeled my ideas as simplistic because of my reverting back to the basic foundation that governs us all as male and female. However, this is an age-old school of thought that has risen in the Far East and involves observing human nature through specific elements that govern us as well as following the rules according to the natural order of the universe. It was very enlightening, at least for me.

I don't know how my views were considered self-serving since I attempted to portray how we're all in this together. But if you're attributing this to me having associated feminism with factors that to you seem unorthodox, then you've only revealed unintentional bias. You see feminism as the reason, which I honestly believe barely scratches the surface. The underlying reason, which I think is the core issue, is worth looking at at least. In any case, the truth serves us all.

I will try to find the articles you referred to in hope for further clarity, but if you would mention some specifically, I would be much obliged

TheNarrator

You are only preserving The Narrator, whereas we want all narrators preserved

Manalysis

I hope I don't ever have to be on the opposite side of any debate with you, especially on matters I consider foundational (gulp). Those with knowledge inadvertently transcend. Je te vois.

Deidre

For some reason, you're the only person I remember from when I was here last. Might have to do with similar perspectives

MatrixTransform and mr_e

Opinion outshines bravery

Blog Entries

Deidre

For some reason, you're the only person I remember from when I was here last. Might have to do with similar perspectives
    lol Maybe. Was your username ''Dee'' then, as well?

I identified as a feminist for a few years, shortly before joining this site. Look forward to your posts!

MatrixTransform and mr_e

Opinion outshines bravery
    be careful what you wish for~! hahaha

and your comment to me sort of made no sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.