Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Hello =)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by theplummer View Post
    Hmm... Seems like Miss Dee has flown the coop again...

It appears to me that her 'tone' wasn't that of really wanting to understand the MRM's point of view, but rather (as I suspected), a 'let's all come together' feminist... Willing to reach out to us and show us the error of our ways... A la hostage negotiator style... To try to get us to give up our strong hold, and willingly get back on the plantation.

Mr. E... I think you did a fantastic job of representing such a well reasoned responses to her, that she just plain has no response... So she did the natural thing and just abandoned the discussion in favor of slipping back into her comfortable state of ignorant bliss.

Or at least that's what I'm beginning to see, as I've seen this type of behavior time and time again... And just as I was about to drop some Turd Flinging Monkey videos on her... Haha...

I hope she's not gone. I was sincerely looking forward to engaging with her on whatever she wanted to bring up. Particularly when she said there were threads that didn't appeal to her. I was hoping to learn something from her.
    FEMINISM is a HATE GROUP - Feminists are HATEFUL PEOPLE
    It's time to call it out for what it is.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_e View Post
    I hope she's not gone. I was sincerely looking forward to engaging with her on whatever she wanted to bring up. Particularly when she said there were threads that didn't appeal to her. I was hoping to learn something from her.
    There are quite a few threads, where women in general are being broad brushed as the problem, and not feminism/feminists. You don't broad brush ''all women'', but there are men on the site who put ''all women'' in a negative category. I've seen it a lot on here but there's enough of a balance that it's not every man's opinion on the site, but to a new member, it might stand out more. I've dated a few assholes before, I don't broad brush all men as ''bad,'' etc. But, there are men on here who have had bad experiences with a few women, and seem to have a negative view of all women based on those experiences. To each their own, but feminists do that when they broad brush men, and it's just as distancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Deidre View Post
    There are quite a few threads, where women in general are being broad brushed as the problem, and not feminism/feminists. You don't broad brush ''all women'', but there are men on the site who put ''all women'' in a negative category. I've seen it a lot on here but there's enough of a balance that it's not every man's opinion on the site, but to a new member, it might stand out more. I've dated a few assholes before, I don't broad brush all men as ''bad,'' etc. But, there are men on here who have had bad experiences with a few women, and seem to have a negative view of all women based on those experiences. To each their own, but feminists do that when they broad brush men, and it's just as distancing.
    i think the broad brush is warranted by the MRM painting women
    but i think the broad brush is demonizing by the feminists painting men.

i think the difference between the MRM and the feminists is that the MRM actually looked at our society and the two sexes very objectively. faults.. and all.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Quote Originally Posted by theplummer View Post
    Hmm... Seems like Miss Dee has flown the coop again...

It appears to me that her 'tone' wasn't that of really wanting to understand the MRM's point of view, but rather (as I suspected), a 'let's all come together' feminist... Willing to reach out to us and show us the error of our ways... A la hostage negotiator style... To try to get us to give up our strong hold, and willingly get back on the plantation.

Mr. E... I think you did a fantastic job of representing such a well reasoned responses to her, that she just plain has no response... So she did the natural thing and just abandoned the discussion in favor of slipping back into her comfortable state of ignorant bliss.

Or at least that's what I'm beginning to see, as I've seen this type of behavior time and time again... And just as I was about to drop some Turd Flinging Monkey videos on her... Haha...
    I too had my suspicions raised a couple of times, but then the bar for new ladies is always, obviously, far higher than for new guys. I hope I'm wrong and she's both above board AND comes back.
    >>"and in other news, the Judge in the case of AVFM Vs Feminazism ruled today that the creators of 'Gender Equality' are guilty of Intent to Obtain Social Change by Deception. The Feminazi case collapsed just one day into the trial, after a 1st year medical student demonstrated that men are not, in fact, equal to women".<<

Newbie AVFM Member, 2 days in: "My eyes, why do my eyes hurt?"

Jaybee, cautious tone: "You've never used them before".

Quote Originally Posted by Deidre View Post
    I think you should call it out when you thinks it is unfair. It might be unpopular at first, some might complain but we should face up to needing to avoid going down a path of echo chambering and believing negative stereotypes equate to real people. Can't defeat bigotry with bigotry.

I can imagine there are some topics where men are discussing how they've been treated, issues like hypergamy or examples of gynocentrism where the language strays into broad strokes out of emotionality or laziness. It does get tedious and perhaps unconvincing to write 'some women' or 'I've met women who' or some other qualifier. But I'm pretty sure that if called out anyone who isn't just displaying prejudice should be able clarify the context and the specifics.

One of the things I imagine happens is that men get wound up over the constant picking on men, and the often incredulous praising of women. Clinton's 'the future is female' is a typical example that I've heard many variations from others. Initially it goes through your head as that's poorly chosen but maybe meant to motivate girls, after the umpteenth time you need to blow off some steam and that will often come out as an equally generic dismissive statement.

It is good if you do point out when things get over the top. Better that people add what they are talking about or state the event that has them wound up. Males also too often don't recognise when they are being manipulated. I've seen this done many times, they will be wound up until they blow off then that is used against them. I know women who do this on twitter frequently, finding openings where they can start criticising and winding up male posters, female passive aggression from safe behind the internet and presumptive blame the male. The topic needn't even be anything related to male / female issues. Sometimes the woman herself, thinks she is only setting him straight, but ignores how demeaning she's being. More often than not women (there's a generalisation - I've no idea how to qualify!) are far more skilled at saying things that get under men's skin than vice versa. That can result in blow up by a male, which then turns into a complaint and the offending tweets, not the whole discussion, used as evidence. I stay away from discussions that look like booby traps, they result in a man getting banned and more feminists claiming the internet is filled with sexist cyberbullies. But here I don't show much caution.

It's better all round if anyone speaking up for men is given a few pointers on effective communication and debate.
    "...especially when it comes to communication, it can be observed, if it is not a negotiation it's a war."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    i think the broad brush is warranted by the MRM painting women
    but i think the broad brush is demonizing by the feminists painting men.

i think the difference between the MRM and the feminists is that the MRM actually looked at our society and the two sexes very objectively. faults.. and all.

I think that the difference between the MRM and the Feminists is that the Feminists are actively practicing *engineered sexism*-- meaning they are doing it on purpose. Which, in my view, is unconscionable. The MRM, being comprised of the most affected by the aforementioned sexism, are rightly upset at the state of things and are working to set things to right.
    FEMINISM is a HATE GROUP - Feminists are HATEFUL PEOPLE
    It's time to call it out for what it is.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspawn View Post
    I think you should call it out when you thinks it is unfair. It might be unpopular at first, some might complain but we should face up to needing to avoid going down a path of echo chambering and believing negative stereotypes equate to real people. Can't defeat bigotry with bigotry.

I can imagine there are some topics where men are discussing how they've been treated, issues like hypergamy or examples of gynocentrism where the language strays into broad strokes out of emotionality or laziness. It does get tedious and perhaps unconvincing to write 'some women' or 'I've met women who' or some other qualifier. But I'm pretty sure that if called out anyone who isn't just displaying prejudice should be able clarify the context and the specifics.

One of the things I imagine happens is that men get wound up over the constant picking on men, and the often incredulous praising of women. Clinton's 'the future is female' is a typical example that I've heard many variations from others. Initially it goes through your head as that's poorly chosen but maybe meant to motivate girls, after the umpteenth time you need to blow off some steam and that will often come out as an equally generic dismissive statement.

It is good if you do point out when things get over the top. Better that people add what they are talking about or state the event that has them wound up. Males also too often don't recognise when they are being manipulated. I've seen this done many times, they will be wound up until they blow off then that is used against them. I know women who do this on twitter frequently, finding openings where they can start criticising and winding up male posters, female passive aggression from safe behind the internet and presumptive blame the male. The topic needn't even be anything related to male / female issues. Sometimes the woman herself, thinks she is only setting him straight, but ignores how demeaning she's being. More often than not women (there's a generalisation - I've no idea how to qualify!) are far more skilled at saying things that get under men's skin than vice versa. That can result in blow up by a male, which then turns into a complaint and the offending tweets, not the whole discussion, used as evidence. I stay away from discussions that look like booby traps, they result in a man getting banned and more feminists claiming the internet is filled with sexist cyberbullies. But here I don't show much caution.

It's better all round if anyone speaking up for men is given a few pointers on effective communication and debate.
    I think it's safe to say that most people have subjective opinions about a variety of things. In my experiences, the men in my life from my dad, to grandfathers, to uncles to friends to my fiancé, have a positive view of women, although they make the occasional joke. They are against feminism but they don't view all women as clones of one another. They think that many of the problems in our culture stem from feminism and getting away from morality. They don't see women as the enemy, they see progressive views and feminism as the enemies of men. What women are becoming because of feminism, is what is the problem, in their eyes.

This is a unique site where men can vent and share painful, personal issues without judgment from women. But it sometimes feels like women are seen as the enemy of men in the west, based on a few bad experiences with women in their lives. It's not for me to judge, I certainly don't feel compelled to correct men who think this because everyone's opinions are subjective, you know?

I appreciate you listening.