Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stream of consciousness on TRP movie

Account not Activated

Stream of consciousness on TRP movie

These are just some notes I made while watching The Red Pill. The only other thing that I would like to say is, "Thank you Cassie!"

The red pill

"glass ceilings vs glass cellars"

"human beings vs human doings"

"Statues and history books are bribes for men being willing to die"

Cassie Jaye gets defensive watching Warren Farrell video, wonders if men get defensive listening to feminists. Open mind!

Big Red has done more to help the MRM than any other single individual.

Warren Farrell: "Any men's rights supporter that I would support would also support those parts of the women's movement that encourages flexibility in gender roles."

Still the same old lines from feminists: MRAs want things to go backwards, no one can argue that women have it worse and they don't have to support that contention, it's a backlash.... and they have to deny the facts in order to reject the arguments

"Woman misses 30% of income vs man misses 6 years of life... a woman loses a job while a man loses a child, but there's always another job."

From feminist: "Once a woman is pregnant, all decisions must be hers."

Erin Pizzey: "Radical feminists moved the goalposts from capitalism to patrarchy."

Cassie Jaye: "The truth is somewhere in the middle" Of course it is; one side is already well represented, though.

Paul Elam: "It's one thing when you look at what happens to women and you feel normal, healthy outrage about it, and that should happen, but when you look at what happens to men and we remain so cerebral, 'yes, that is certainly something to consider,' and people get upset when you talk about it"

Dean Esmay: "You tell a man that he is privileged, and so everything he says doesn't matter, his lived experiences don't matter"

Harry Crouch: "There are good people in the feminist movement; not in radical feminism. That movement is based on hate."

Michael Kimmel: "Men have gotten a crappy deal." Thanks for acknowledging that. "But it's not the fault of women or gay people." No one said that it was; how did gay people even get into the conversation?

Harry Crouch: "We need common sense, but if there's going to be a women's movement, then maybe we need a men's movement. I hate to see it, I think it's a shame ; I think it's destructive."

I haven't seen the movie yet.
    Cassie interviewed me for the film on one of the first days she was shooting it at a CAFE event. Perhaps the very first day of filming, I don't know. It was a great night, Paul Elam, Dean Esmay, and others were there. We all went to a pub after the CAFE event, and it was such a fun time. Dannyboy shaved off his beard on account of having raised 5 k's for CAFE at the pub that night. It was the first peaceful event CAFE had had in a long time, and we all just relished the opportunity to get together and talk like human beings without being sworn at, shouted at, and treated like scum.

I have no doubt my little interview is on the cutting room floor. I'm not a very good interview.

However, I'd like to say, that beside Paul Elam, Justin Trottier is probably the guy who made this whole ting happen. He was the guy who created all the events that created such a backlash that it finbally made people stand up and notice. Nobody watching the film probably realizes how much work it took just to get the MRM into the public's consciousness enough so that a film maker would take interest.
    “No one is free who has not obtained the empire of himself. No man is free who cannot command himself.”
    ― Pythagoras

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by StrongSilentType View Post
    "Woman misses 30% of income vs man misses 6 years of life
    This one is a bit of a non sequitur. Life spans do not normalize when men live like women.
    FEMINISM is a HATE GROUP - Feminists are HATEFUL PEOPLE
    It's time to call it out for what it is.

The World of Men - Men's Rights / MGTOW / Sites of Interest to Men

http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...nterest-to-Men

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolm View Post
    I haven't seen the movie yet.
    Cassie interviewed me for the film on one of the first days she was shooting it at a CAFE event. Perhaps the very first day of filming, I don't know. It was a great night, Paul Elam, Dean Esmay, and others were there. We all went to a pub after the CAFE event, and it was such a fun time. Dannyboy shaved off his beard on account of having raised 5 k's for CAFE at the pub that night. It was the first peaceful event CAFE had had in a long time, and we all just relished the opportunity to get together and talk like human beings without being sworn at, shouted at, and treated like scum.

I have no doubt my little interview is on the cutting room floor. I'm not a very good interview.

However, I'd like to say, that beside Paul Elam, Justin Trottier is probably the guy who made this whole ting happen. He was the guy who created all the events that created such a backlash that it finbally made people stand up and notice. Nobody watching the film probably realizes how much work it took just to get the MRM into the public's consciousness enough so that a film maker would take interest.

Yes, I would say that you are right. Feminism has done such a great job of convincing the world that women, and only women, are the ones who's needs / wants / desires / issues are paramount and take total precedence over the issues of men.
    FEMINISM is a HATE GROUP - Feminists are HATEFUL PEOPLE
    It's time to call it out for what it is.

The World of Men - Men's Rights / MGTOW / Sites of Interest to Men

http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...nterest-to-Men

Account not Activated
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolm View Post
    Good to know.

Of course, if people like Big Red hadn't overreacted....

Account not Activated
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_e View Post
    This one is a bit of a non sequitur. Life spans do not normalize when men live like women.
    Neither does income.

The point was that it's hard to compare the problems of men vs women because we suffer in different ways. How do you compare income to lifespan?

big red has definitely done more for the MRM than anyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Account not Activated
    big red has definitely done more for the MRM than anyone else.
    We should get into the habit of thanking her.

Maybe a form letter we can all print out, sign and mail to her?

"Dear Big Red,

Thank you so much for your actions in protesting the Men's Rights Movement. Your closed-minded extremism has brought more attention to our plight than anything we could have ever done.

Keep up the good work!

Sincerely,

___________________"

Quote Originally Posted by StrongSilentType View Post
    We should get into the habit of thanking her.

Maybe a form letter we can all print out, sign and mail to her?

"Dear Big Red,

Thank you so much for your actions in protesting the Men's Rights Movement. Your closed-minded extremism has brought more attention to our plight than anything we could have ever done.

Keep up the good work!

Sincerely,

___________________"
    when we had a THE RED PILL showing..in her town, we(dan, not me) sent her invites....she didnt come.
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Blog Entries
    when we had a THE RED PILL showing..in her town, we(dan, not me) sent her invites....she didnt come.
    Wow, didn't want to see her own interview. Did you tell her she was in it? She gotta pretty big slice of her interview in there.

What kinda woman don't wanna see herself in a movie?
    "...especially when it comes to communication, it can be observed, if it is not a negotiation it's a war."
    Quote Originally Posted by menrppl2 View Post
    Can't live with em, life is great without them.