Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Herpes, Any Good Reason To "Disclose"?

Quote Originally Posted by Manalysis View Post
    Item #1: Go to a doctor and take a test to get a diagnosis

One method of producing alternatives for an answer is to apply the Golden Rule: Reverse the situation.
    Would you want someone who think they may have herpes to tell you this before they took you to bed?
    What conclusions does one draw from a "yes" or a "no" here?

A variant of a Kantian approach is to ask: "How sure are you of not getting caught?"
    What conclusions does one draw from an "impossible" or a "guaranteed" here?

Going to bed with someone you know has herpes is a choice. If you don't have the information, there is no choice.
    IOW, withholding information is to withhold not only information, but the freedom of choice.
    One might justly refuse to share information with people when that info is none of their business, but volunteering to share an STD wiht others doesn't fall into the same category, does it?

Is punishing them one by one by inflicting herpes on them a) the proper sanction and b) pronounced by the proper judge?

M
    I've already covered that a diagnosis is difficult here.
    Seeing as estimate put the count of infected individuals as high as 80% of the population, I would have to default to the assumption that they have it and just aren't aware/showing symptoms.
    I honestly have little concern about it, many people contract herpes type 1 in childhood from kissing their parents. So I have to assume that I already have herpes 1, and I understand the 2 strains are so similar as to not really make too much of a difference. If anything herpes 1 appears more likely to spread to other parts of the body. No one with an ounce of medical knowledge takes herpes seriously because nearly everyone already has it, blood tests aren't available in my area.

The only test available is a swab of herpes sores, and I don't have those, but itching is consistent with either herpes or a yeast infection. Again it doesn't matter though, odds are I have herpes 1 along with at least 50% to upwards of 80% of the adult population.
    Don't you get it? The stigma is the problem, the ignorance is the problem. Here I am with the bullshit moral dilemna that doesn't even make sense, well over the majority of humans on this earth have herps, it's a fact! I shouldn't have to keep repeating that for everyone that chimes in here thinking herps is some sort of rarity.
    Last edited by mik1; 03-18-2017 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mik1 View Post
    Seeing as estimate put the count of infected individuals as high as 80% of the population, I would have to default to the assumption that they have it and just aren't aware/showing symptoms.
    ...or they just havent been fucked by you yet.

read that line however you want
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee. - Donne

"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
    "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

"What remains for most men in modern life is a world of expectation without reward, burden without honor and service without self" - Paul Elam

Quote Originally Posted by Manalysis View Post
    'It's hard to make prophecies, especially about the future', as the saying goes.
    Looking back at some of the shifts that have occurred over the last four or five decades alone, many even without much of a "campaign" to push them, most of them would have looked rather improbable at the outset.
    A bit like a statistical analysis of the conjecture that adding 1 to another number will at any time produce the number '1 million'. At one point the odds will be 999 999:0 against this conjecture being true.
    I won't make prophecies, either, but I hope that the snail slog is more like the strong man pulling the semi-trailer: the first minute of moving the load from a standstill to start rolling is the hardest.
    You strain and strain and it's like nothing happens. Then, suddenly, imperceptibly, there s motion, the wheels begin to turn, ever so slowly.
    After that, it just gets easier.
    "Big Red" made for just a short clip on youtube, but helped substantially in elevating MRA issues from "the dark underbelly of the Internet" into the mainstream conversation.

Yes. Another scenario is a general decline in Western affluence as Asia rises to its full material might.
    Life getting poorer and harder is a sure-fire way to make traditional gender roles reemerge.

M
    You know, I don't think I've made a point since joining here that you haven't contested
    I happen to hold the belief that shit is in fact not edible confections, what say you to that???

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    ...or they just havent been fucked by you yet.

read that line however you want
    Then they shouldn't be having sex...if your goal is to avoid herpes knowing that upwards of 80% of the world's population has it, you might want to be somewhat selective in your choice of partners, assuming you didn't already contract it before adulthood.
    If someone directly asks me for an std record, I'm not going to lie to their face, but whores and one night stands are a different story, why am I the one with all the responsibility?
    Last edited by mik1; 03-18-2017 at 06:31 PM.

are you trying to give the remaining 20% (which may or may not be unfuckable) herpes as well.

another thread about your cock?

you seem mik1 to have a lot of uncertainty and ethical dilemmas with your dick.

whats going on there?
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee. - Donne

"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
    "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

"What remains for most men in modern life is a world of expectation without reward, burden without honor and service without self" - Paul Elam

are you trying to give the remaining 20% (which may or may not be unfuckable) herpes as well.

another thread about your cock?

you seem mik1 to have a lot of uncertainty and ethical dilemmas with your dick.

whats going on there?
    I don't know that I'd go so far as "ethical dilemmas, but the inability to get a vasectomy and the ignorance of the general population in regards to herpes/stds certainly pisses me off enough to rant about.
    I've another dilemma for you, It seems I've lost the genetic lottery and only measure up to a mere 12" in length, I'm ever so worried that I will be inadequate in pleasing the women folk who are undoubtedly accustomed to a much larger dickhead such as yourself?
    Last edited by mik1; 03-18-2017 at 06:38 PM.

anyway, while winding you up is fun ...

A decade ago, I had the unfortunate experience of finding out I had herpes when my GF at the time had an outbreak.
    She of course accused me of having known and not told her which, wasn't true

btw, this is an ethical problem you now have.

sounds to me like yr back to the fundamental question you posed the first time.

...should you lie for sex?

anyway, while winding you up is fun ...

A decade ago, I had the unfortunate experience of finding out I had herpes when my GF at the time had an outbreak.
    She of course accused me of having known and not told her which, wasn't true

btw, this is an ethical problem you now have.

sounds to me like yr back to the fundamental question you posed the first time.

...should you lie for sex?
    Probably not, I guess all I can do is educate for sex. Those who have herpes and know it won't mind, those who don't know will just have to either respond rationally to the wake up call, that they might be an uninfected minority through some stroke of luck, or they can go live under a rock/spend the rest of their lives in a blue pill marriage.
    Sounds like you've already experienced the ignorance first hand.

Still though, people need to take some responsibility for their own sexual health. Pros should know what they are getting into, while I wouldn't knowingly deceive them, they should know that I statistically likely have herpes even if I don't have concrete evidence of it, nor any way to test for it in my province. For fuck sakes I shouldn't have to take time out of what I paid for to give a seminar on sexual health to a woman that makes her living having sex. Can we at least agree on that?
    Relationships, sure disclosure is best. Pros, take part of the exorbitant payment for little actual work and use it to spend 10 fucking minutes on google to educate yourself.
    Last edited by mik1; 03-18-2017 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mik1 View Post
    Probably not, I guess all I can do is educate for sex.

with all that glorious manhood of yours covered in spotty pustules I suspect it wouldn't be hard to miss the diagnosis.

so lemme get this straight, your saying that you cant get get sex fair and square.
    So you pay for it.
    and now that potentially have the herpes you cant work out what to do next.

but you really deep down, consider yrself a teacher.

LOL... you continue with the lessons typhoid mary