Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: H.R. 321 and H.R. 255 <--have you guys read these? and HR 861 and HJR 69 ?

H.R. 321 and H.R. 255 <--have you guys read these? and HR 861 and HJR 69 ?

H.R. 321 and H.R. 255

both are hugely sexist against men...

HR 861 and HJR 69 ?

bills that effectively remove all safeguards the environment?

both are disgusting to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

thanks trump....

false prophet? for all you religious people.
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Links, please.
    When a woman says to a man 'IF you really love me you would (INSERT VERB HERE)... 'IF you really love me you should buy/give/take/do X, Y, Z'... That's using...that's testing. And my answer to that is always; 'IF you loved me you wouldn't have asked that fucking question, now pack your shit and get the fuck out of my house.' - Maxx

Asking a feminist about men's rights is like asking a cattle rancher about veganism.

Blog Entries
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...house-bill/321
    H.R.321 — 115th Congress (2017-2018)
    Inspiring the Next Space Pioneers, Innovators, Researchers, and Explorers (INSPIRE) Women Act

(Sec. 3) This bill directs the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) to encourage women and girls to study science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM), pursue careers in aerospace, and further advance the nation's space science and exploration efforts through support of the following initiatives:

NASA GIRLS and NASA BOYS;
    Aspire to Inspire; and
    Summer Institute in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Research.

(Sec. 4) NASA shall submit to Congress a specified plan on how NASA can best facilitate and support both current and retired astronauts, scientists, engineers, and innovators, including early career female astronauts, scientists, engineers, and innovators, to engage with K-12 female STEM students and inspire the next generation of women to consider participating in STEM fields and to pursue careers in aerospace.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...l/255/all-info
    All Bill Information (Except Text) for H.R.255 - Promoting Women in Entrepreneurship Act

(Sec. 3) This bill amends the Science and Engineering Equal Opportunities Act to authorize the National Science Foundation to encourage its entrepreneurial programs to recruit and support women to extend their focus beyond the laboratory and into the commercial world.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...house-bill/861
    H.R.861 - To terminate the Environmental Protection Agency.
    This bill terminates the Environmental Protection Agency on December 31, 2018.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...-resolution/69
    H.J.Res.69 - Providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, of the final rule of the Department of the Interior relating to "Non-Subsistence Take of Wildlife, and Public Participation and Closure Procedures, on National Wildlife Refuges in Alaska".
    This joint resolution nullifies the rule finalized by the Department of the Interior on August 5, 2016, relating to non-subsistence takings of wildlife and public participation and closure procedures on National Wildlife Refuges in Alaska.
    "...especially when it comes to communication, it can be observed, if it is not a negotiation it's a war."
    Quote Originally Posted by menrppl2 View Post
    Can't live with em, life is great without them.

anyone have thoughts?

I don't like them but to just "encourage" is pretty vague. I will be worried if laws mandating hiring are passed

Blog Entries
    I just read the HR 321. This is going to be a disaster for the US. We have had similar polices here in the UK for certain STEM fields since the 40s. One example being medicine. In 1945 the government, under the threat of fines and withdrawal of funds, ordered medical universities in this country to increase the number of female students that they accept every year to 1/3rd of their student intake. This coincided with the government pumping millions every year into encouraging more women into medicine and other STEM fields, as well as setting up organisations to aid women in education whilst totally neglecting boys based on the feminist premise that boys are already privileged. There weren't enough good female applicants so universities started accepting the dregs just to meet the quotas. These dregs went on to become doctors responsible for people's lives. Over the following 50 years women overtook men in medicine as a result of these gender initiatives. Women now make up the majority of doctors here in the UK. This is now causing huge problems for the National Health Service in this country. The good majority of female doctors take maternity leave and when they come back they only work part time. This has put immense pressure on the NHS costing our national health service billions in doctors who have to fill in for the gap left by female doctors working part time. The government has also been trying to increase the number of working hours for doctors. They have been unsuccessful in this endeavour because of strikes by junior doctors the majority of whom are now women who want a 'work life' balance that revolves around their biological dispositions to having kids and looking after them....

...Its also worth pointing out that boys have now officially become a disadvantaged group in education in this country whilst girls have become officially recognised as a privileged group in education in the UK. I also read that the General Medical council recently rejected the idea of introducing quotas to increase the number of male students entering medicine in the UK......I do not know whether to laugh or cry at our hypocrisy/sexism....

Have a read through the following article about the impact the increase of female doctors has had on our national health service here in this country:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/heal...in-crisis.html

This act is sexist. It gives favourable treatment to women based on the the falsehood that their lower numbers in STEM fields are due to discrimination and not choice. These sexist polices wind up giving privileged treatment to women over men.
    Last edited by Equity; 03-21-2017 at 12:46 AM.

Trump's daughter, Ivanka, is a liberal feminist. She is likely influencing him on these matters

anyone have thoughts?
    It does not affect me.

I am not doing a career on NASA, so I don't care who they hire.

I am entrepreneur, but this government protected women will not be competition for me... Stuff still needs to get done, I know how to get it done, and that is pretty much the end of the debate.

It sucks to see them trashing the environment, but apparently people in this country think that scientist are liars and pollution does nothing to us... so let them have it... if it gets too bad I know how to take a plane and go somewhere else... I expect to die at 85 years old, I am counting that there will still be enough breathable air for me until then... after I'm gone, I can care less... It is Trump's grandchildren the ones that will have to pay this decisions.

Same with crime, I own shit, so I am not really worry of what they can steal from me... it is people with money and nice stuff the ones that need to worry about crime, likewise it is people with kids the ones that need to worry about the environment.

Blog Entries
    My concern towards this is whether it is an olive branch attempt or climbdown and start of a landslide.
    "...especially when it comes to communication, it can be observed, if it is not a negotiation it's a war."
    Quote Originally Posted by menrppl2 View Post
    Can't live with em, life is great without them.