Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: H.R. 321 and H.R. 255 <--have you guys read these? and HR 861 and HJR 69 ?

Account not Activated
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspawn View Post
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...house-bill/321
    H.R.321 — 115th Congress (2017-2018)
    Inspiring the Next Space Pioneers, Innovators, Researchers, and Explorers (INSPIRE) Women Act

(Sec. 3) This bill directs the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) to encourage women and girls to study science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM), pursue careers in aerospace, and further advance the nation's space science and exploration efforts through support of the following initiatives:

NASA GIRLS and NASA BOYS;
    Aspire to Inspire; and
    Summer Institute in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Research.

(Sec. 4) NASA shall submit to Congress a specified plan on how NASA can best facilitate and support both current and retired astronauts, scientists, engineers, and innovators, including early career female astronauts, scientists, engineers, and innovators, to engage with K-12 female STEM students and inspire the next generation of women to consider participating in STEM fields and to pursue careers in aerospace.
    So, I can't get a job with my degree in STEM, but if any ladies would like to give it a go...

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...l/255/all-info
    All Bill Information (Except Text) for H.R.255 - Promoting Women in Entrepreneurship Act

(Sec. 3) This bill amends the Science and Engineering Equal Opportunities Act to authorize the National Science Foundation to encourage its entrepreneurial programs to recruit and support women to extend their focus beyond the laboratory and into the commercial world.
    http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...m-s-handmaiden

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...house-bill/861
    H.R.861 - To terminate the Environmental Protection Agency.
    This bill terminates the Environmental Protection Agency on December 31, 2018.
    You know, if we didn't badly need someone to keep corporate polluters at bay, I would say "good riddance." The EPA helped to politicize an issue that had widespread and bipartisan support 40 years ago, to the extent that opposition to them, and by extension all things environmental, has become a point of faith for many on the right (not saying there are no points of faith on the left).

That being said, you do NOT want to know what will wind up out in the world without someone watching these people.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...-resolution/69
    H.J.Res.69 - Providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, of the final rule of the Department of the Interior relating to "Non-Subsistence Take of Wildlife, and Public Participation and Closure Procedures, on National Wildlife Refuges in Alaska".
    This joint resolution nullifies the rule finalized by the Department of the Interior on August 5, 2016, relating to non-subsistence takings of wildlife and public participation and closure procedures on National Wildlife Refuges in Alaska.
    OK, this took a minute to research.

Basically, the state of Alaska and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) have been in a fight since 1980 because Alaska wants to kill off the wolf population so there will be more prey species for hunting, i.e. more tourist revenue (non-subsistence, so not for food).

The FWS issued a rule saying that, on certain federal lands designated as wildlife refuges, Alaska could not allow that to happen. This bill would rescind that rule.

Basically, if you're a big game hunter who goes up to Alaska every year, but doesn't want to have to actually wait or track down something to hunt, this bill is good for you. If you think that damaging an ecosystem just for the hell of it seems like a bad idea....

Quote Originally Posted by StrongSilentType View Post

OK, this took a minute to research.

Basically, the state of Alaska and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) have been in a fight since 1980 because Alaska wants to kill off the wolf population so there will be more prey species for hunting, i.e. more tourist revenue (non-subsistence, so not for food).

The FWS issued a rule saying that, on certain federal lands designated as wildlife refuges, Alaska could not allow that to happen. This bill would rescind that rule.

Basically, if you're a big game hunter who goes up to Alaska every year, but doesn't want to have to actually wait or track down something to hunt, this bill is good for you. If you think that damaging an ecosystem just for the hell of it seems like a bad idea....
    where does it say the bill only affects alaska and wolves?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.
    It's always bothered me how much glee people take in the utter destruction of another being.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by simpleman View Post
    It does not affect me.

I am not doing a career on NASA, so I don't care who they hire.

And that's why Men's issues get no traction-- and likely never will get any traction.
    FEMINISM is a HATE GROUP - Feminists are HATEFUL PEOPLE
    It's time to call it out for what it is.

The World of Men - Men's Rights / MGTOW / Sites of Interest to Men

http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...nterest-to-Men

Blog Entries
    My concern towards this is whether it is an olive branch attempt or climbdown and start of a landslide.

There is no appeasing Feminists. There is no point at which it stops. There is no point at which it is enough. Every time you throw them a steak, it just riles them up and the want the rest of the cow.

Feminism is a HATE GROUP. Every time you give them something, you are feeding / rewarding their hate and reinforcing their ambitions for more.
    FEMINISM is a HATE GROUP - Feminists are HATEFUL PEOPLE
    It's time to call it out for what it is.

The World of Men - Men's Rights / MGTOW / Sites of Interest to Men

http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...nterest-to-Men

Account not Activated
    where does it say the bill only affects alaska and wolves?
    Well, "Alaska" is in the title... and no other state is having this fight with FWS.

To get at the wolves, you have to go back and look at the rule that it would rescind:

https://www.federalregister.gov/docu...es-on-national

And while it does mention coyotes and bears, they aren't the major concern, for either side. Neither coyotes nor bears are classified as threatened; wolves are. Nor do they kill large game like wolves.

Account not Activated
    It does not affect me.

I am not doing a career on NASA, so I don't care who they hire.
    Um, I'd like a career at NASA...

I am entrepreneur, but this government protected women will not be competition for me... Stuff still needs to get done, I know how to get it done, and that is pretty much the end of the debate.

"(Sec. 3) This bill amends the Science and Engineering Equal Opportunities Act to authorize the National Science Foundation to encourage its entrepreneurial programs to recruit and support women to extend their focus beyond the laboratory and into the commercial world."

They're coming for you, too, bud.

i read all that, it mentioned like 5 animals i saw.. and "major concern" what? who cares about major concern? this removes the control of their killing so anyone can kill them..which can be abused by anyone... i dont understand why you're dismissing it.... it basically removes safeguards to animal populations.
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.
    It's always bothered me how much glee people take in the utter destruction of another being.

Account not Activated
    i read all that, it mentioned like 5 animals i saw.. and "major concern" what? who cares about major concern? this removes the control of their killing so anyone can kill them..which can be abused by anyone... i dont understand why you're dismissing it.... it basically removes safeguards to animal populations.
    I didn't think that I was dismissing it.

The "major concern" is that there aren't a lot of wolves, relatively speaking, and that they kill large game animals which rich assholes like to hunt for sport. If anyone can kill wolves, they will, and there will be more big game to hunt. Good for Alaska's economy, bad for the ecosystem.

That it includes other animals (Moose are predators? Who knew?!) could mean anything.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_e View Post
    And that's why Men's issues get no traction-- and likely never will get any traction.
    Perhaps next time around don't vote for the biggest white knight in the history of New York?

Quote Originally Posted by StrongSilentType View Post
    Um, I'd like a career at NASA...
    NASA is dead, go to Europe, there are many countries out there that are actually investing in research, here in US the budget for NASA gets cut every year, and now it is worse wit hthis new administration that hate science.

"(Sec. 3) This bill amends the Science and Engineering Equal Opportunities Act to authorize the National Science Foundation to encourage its entrepreneurial programs to recruit and support women to extend their focus beyond the laboratory and into the commercial world."

They're coming for you, too, bud.
    No, they are not... they will give this women some government contracts, and there is some laws that force companies to hire services from minorities.. but at the end of the day.... stuff needs to get done....