Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Intellectual "virtues" vs. Intellectual "vices"

Quote Originally Posted by Deidre View Post
    Lol Well, in their defense, it is often used to describe those intangible ideas and services that prospective clients can "steal" and use without paying for them. For want of a better phrase, it can fit.
    In my (former) circles its more often used to denote key personnel with unusually high skills AND deep intimacy with operations specific to both that company and its sector, whose loss would profoundly impact the business.
    >>"and in other news, the Judge in the case of AVFM Vs Feminazism ruled today that the creators of 'Gender Equality' are guilty of Intent to Obtain Social Change by Deception. The Feminazi case collapsed just one day into the trial, after a 1st year medical student demonstrated that men are not, in fact, equal to women".<<

Newbie AVFM Member, 2 days in: "My eyes, why do my eyes hurt?"

Jaybee, cautious tone: "You've never used them before".

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybee View Post
    In my (former) circles its more often used to denote key personnel with unusually high skills AND deep intimacy with operations specific to both that company and its sector, whose loss would profoundly impact the business.
    I can see it being used like that too...interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    I wish I had a dollar for every time I heard people in the corporate sector misuse the term 'intellectual capital'.
    just cos the have 'capital' doesnt mean they dont have a liquidity problem
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

“For the rain it raineth every day” -Shakespeare

"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
    "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

"We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality" -Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    Taken

M

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    lol capital old chap, capital.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.
    It's always bothered me how much glee people take in the utter destruction of another being.