Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Verifiable Methods of Birth Control?

  1. #1

    Verifiable Methods of Birth Control?

    If you were dead set on having sex with a woman in a relationship, but weren't yet committed to/unable to get a vasectomy, what would you choose as the best method of Birth Control?
    Keep in mind I am not suggesting condomless sex unless you are in a relationship, because that would be rather moronic from an std perspective.
    The first that pops to mind is condoms, but they are somewhat of a kill joy, and about 80% effective at preventing pregnancy with typical use. We don't know how much of that 20% failure is due to women poking holes in them or couples saying they used condoms when they didn't, or morons flipping them over after putting them on the wrong way/genuine human stupidity.

    The pill and patch are off the table for obvious reasons. The shot and tubal litigation are only valid if she can prove either with medical records (could these be faked?).
    So I guess that just leaves the hormonal implant and barrier methods (sponge, iud, spermicide, etc).
    My thinking is the best way to go about it is insisting on multiple forms of Birth control, like perhaps a hormonal implant and a barrier method in combination, maybe you could insist on using a spermicidal lube that you bring yourself to go along with her own method.

    Update: Upon further reading it appears the sponge, Nuva Ring, Diaphragm, and Cervical Cap all have the potential for user error or sabotage, or they just aren't very effective even when used correctly (10%+ risk of pregnancy). They are not effective options by themselves, each carries about a 10-20% risk of pregnancy when not used correctly. It's starting to look rather bleak for women who have issues with hormonal birth control, or not, there's no shortage of blue pill saps who will throw caution to the wind, care to chime in here Narrator
    Spermicide isn't really anymore effective than condoms, so it's only useful when combined with more effective methods.
    Last edited by mik1; 03-21-2017 at 07:24 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    137
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    3
    The best way to go would be condom, female barrier method, and if possible, try to avoid having sex during her ovulation period. It doesn't knock down the odds entirely to zero, but they are as low as they practically can be.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Farmer View Post
    The best way to go would be condom, female barrier method, and if possible, try to avoid having sex during her ovulation period. It doesn't knock down the odds entirely to zero, but they are as low as they practically can be.
    Hmm...I'm not sure you have read many/any of my thoughts on this topic. Why would a condom (aka pleasure killing, relatively ineffective/user error prone device) in tandem with a barrier (also relatively ineffective/user error prone device), be the best bet?

    The best bet would be a verifiable hormonal implant or an IUD, plus a barrier or spermicidal lube that the man can supply himself (aside from a condom, because they suck).

    That way you can verify that she has 99% effective birth control implanted in her body, and you can supply the other 1% with something other than condoms.
    Last edited by mik1; 03-22-2017 at 07:56 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •