Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AVFM Forum Skype Voice Chat

Talking AVFM Forum Skype Voice Chat

All, not sure you are familiar, but we have an AVFM Skype group chat. If anyone on the forums is interested in chatting with me and whoever else shows up please drop a friend request at "gom.avfm". This invite is placed in men's health so it is not public/to forum members only, please include your screen name in the invite.

TheNarrator, MrE and I had a great chat getting to know each other Thursday evening and I want to extend to others.

NOTE: there is the main group who are former and current Forum members who have been in this group for several years. It is a place to get to know each other on a personal level and the discussions tend to be social and some activism and mutual support. Great folks.

GOM
    Last edited by Grumpy Old Man; 04-02-2017 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Note added
    ethikē aretē--phronesis--eudaimonia
    virtue of character--practical/ethical wisdom--human flourishing

It is not a battle to win but an attitude to share.
    AVFM Mission Statement

Blog Entries
    Yes, it was a very good conversation.
    FEMINISM is a HATE GROUP - Feminists are HATEFUL PEOPLE
    It's time to call it out for what it is.

The World of Men - Men's Rights / MGTOW / Sites of Interest to Men

http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...nterest-to-Men

Blog Entries
    **** doesn't know anything about Skype voice chat. What is it?
    **** is curious, where do you get Skype voice chat?
    **** doesn't have a mic. Can **** still participate?
    **** may have further questions. Is there any other info that can be provided?

i Think you should create a Discord.app server for AVFM GoM, you didnt scratch the surface with me. i have several groups who use discord and it is much more friendly to type/voice chat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Blog Entries
    I've got a Microsoft account, which says it supports Skype for Web, but it's not working when I test it out. Worked before, I can find you GOM in the directory and will send an add request when I get the thing working.

I think it's worth taking a room in appear.in it's minimal browser javascript WebRTC based. You can register a room, secure it and moderate it for free. Worth you just registering the AVfM related names just to stop them being taken by others like some type of cybersquatting.

The only limitation to appear.in is that it only supports up to 8 people at once. It's not server supported but peer to peer so uses the power and bandwidth of the connected computers. It's a limit on performance, but more private by nature.
    "...especially when it comes to communication, it can be observed, if it is not a negotiation it's a war."
    Quote Originally Posted by menrppl2 View Post
    Can't live with em, life is great without them.

Senior Member GreatStrengthWithin's Avatar
    That would be cool. I personally prefer Discord, but I do have Skype installed as well just in case some one I know or meet doesn't use anything but Skype since its well known by now.
    "You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength." - Marcus Aurelius

"Natural ability without education has more often raised a man to glory and virtue than education without natural ability." - Marcus Aurelius

"Draw from your past, but do not let your past draw from you." - Bra'tac of Chulak (Stargate SG-1)

discord is so superior though with the channels able to link articles videos pictures and chat... etc..
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

i Think you should create a Discord.app server for AVFM GoM, you didnt scratch the surface with me. i have several groups who use discord and it is much more friendly to type/voice chat.
    The narrator, all, there are so many people and different rooms on Skype it would be impractical to move them all, let alone convince others to change platforms. We've tried a few dufferent platforms in the past including IRC and the folks gravitated over to skype.

For those unfamiliar with skype, it is a stand alone program which you'll need to download.
    ethikē aretē--phronesis--eudaimonia
    virtue of character--practical/ethical wisdom--human flourishing

It is not a battle to win but an attitude to share.
    AVFM Mission Statement

IRC is not user friendly. neither is skype.
    but keep on skyping if you want GOM, from experience i find discord far more useful and user friendly.

discord is also stand alone. and it also has an APP for today's phones.

Well, I do love the sound of my own voice.

And I agree with TheNarrator. Discord is a great voice program. The best of the lot imho and easily better than Skype. I think people gravitate to Skype not because it is better or more user friendly (Discord is extremely simple), but because it is a popular brand and people are sluggish creatures who lag behind technological change. I know that's why it took me so long to swap from Vent to Discord, but now that I have I regret taking so long to do it.