Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AVFM Forum Skype Voice Chat

Blog Entries
    I'd never heard of vent or discord until now.

i recommend we start a discord AVFM (i'll look into it if you like gom)

and... vent refers to Ventrilo.

teamspeak is another.

discord is the best;]
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

i recommend we start a discord AVFM (i'll look into it if you like gom)

and... vent refers to Ventrilo.

teamspeak is another.

discord is the best;]
    I'm not sure you will get the support of those on Skype because there is much going on there and that is where the mRM leadership participates and interacts. I support you if you would like to set up Discord and see if it takes off. Anything to get us all talking on a more personal level is a good thing. I'll certainly be involved if invited. I just can't guarantee others will migrate.
    ethikē aretē--phronesis--eudaimonia
    virtue of character--practical/ethical wisdom--human flourishing

It is not a battle to win but an attitude to share.
    AVFM Mission Statement

My comment is made idly. I'd just join what is already there if I did anything before trying to rock the boat.

Blog Entries
    ok GOM i'll leave it alone but i think its a mistake over-all ;]
    I've created a discord accord so if that ever takes off I'll give it a go. Skype support for Linux is dodgy, being Microsoft it's always out of date and threatened with being dropped
    "...especially when it comes to communication, it can be observed, if it is not a negotiation it's a war."
    Quote Originally Posted by menrppl2 View Post
    Can't live with em, life is great without them.

if GOM says to create a discord i will and i'll try to convince people from skype to join it as a change.

but otherwise it'll just sit there (ok i made one already to see how easy it is)
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

sorry i dropped the ball this weekend two of you asked to set up a time/date

hows this evening or tomorrow?

would be
    4PM WEST COAST TIME
    7PM EASTERN TIME
    whatever in england..void work that out for yourself.

not even sure you guys will get this in time.

anyone who wants to chat on discord.

https://discordapp.com/download = download this & install

once installed

you load it. and it will bring a menu with a bar on the left the bar will contain a circle with a plus sign in it..click it

https://discord.gg/pdfbpEv

copy the above into it after clicking. it invites you to a server to chat on.

very handy program. once you're done that you can also add it as an APP to your phone or even use browsers to load it. but i recommend installing on first use so your settings and everything get set and you then have a source for app etc.

anyone needing help with it ask me

you can chat on it..and you can also get a microphone and talk. i'll try to set up another day for it.. install/add server and write on it and check it and we'll decide a day/time

I enjoyed last time I chatted with a couple of the guys. While I share TN's preference for discord, I am not deadset against using skype. I think I missed the last hang out. It could be cool to finally talk to GOM I think. Anyway, my main issue is that on top of having a busy life I am also Australian so my timezone is all wacky, but I'm keen enough for another chat some time.

ive bumped this a few times but seems not many people are interested ;]