Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Changing the education paradigm

Blog Entries
    Haven't watched the video yet, but wanted to add a link referencing John Taylor Gatto. He addresses education as a whole, not boys or girls issues specifically.

Gatto asserts the following regarding what school does to children in "Dumbing Us Down":

It confuses the students. It presents an incoherent ensemble of information that the child needs to memorize to stay in school. Apart from the tests and trials, this programming is similar to the television; it fills almost all the "free" time of children. One sees and hears something, only to forget it again.
    It teaches them to accept their class affiliation.
    It makes them indifferent.
    It makes them emotionally dependent.
    It makes them intellectually dependent.
    It teaches them a kind of self-confidence that requires constant confirmation by experts (provisional self-esteem).
    It makes it clear to them that they cannot hide, because they are always supervised.[12]

He also draws a contrast between communities and “networks,” with the former being healthy, and schools being examples of the latter. He says networks have become an unhealthy substitute for community in the United States.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Taylor_Gatto

His Website / Blog: https://www.johntaylorgatto.com/blog/
    Last edited by Mifune; 04-05-2017 at 04:48 PM.
    "...but when she goes off you, she will not just walk away, she will walk away with your fucking skin in a jar." ~~ DoctorRandomercam
    "The laws of man, they don't apply when blood gets in a woman's eye" - The Black Keys

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by menrppl2 View Post
    id choose this as a spearhead issue over circumcision
    I agree with this 1000%

Many women have sons. Many of these women are raising sons for a variety of reasons without a father around. When it's their sons futures and education that they realize is in the feminist progressive crosshairs they will at the very least be very very open to the answers many men in the MRM are best placed to provide.
    "Being a cunt doesn't make you wrong." ComradePrescott

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspawn View Post

Ken Robinson a British educationalist, talks extensively about changing education. I think any interested in MHRM will immediately recognise the issues he highlights, especially as he uses examples of education is the US and the use of drug therapies for ADHD.

A few thoughts jumped into my mind as I watched this:

• This guy probably doesn't know the MRM exists, but he's addressing a core MRM issue.
    • He never says it, but it's painfully obvious he's talking about making an education system that would be healthier, happier and more effective for boys.
    • We should talk about this, to each other and with others, MRM writers should explore this, MRM members should tell the their stories about themselves and their children, people care about education and people hate waste of young peoples potential.
    • This is a good gateway issue to exploring the impact of modern statist / feminist society on boys and young men.
    • Boys deserve an education that develops their innate potential, talent and goodness and not one that drugs them and indoctrinates into accepting low expectations, shame and pathologising their desire for activity, curiosity and masculinity.
    I gotta go so will elaborate on this in greater detail when I can.

Short version, I was bounced around all kinds of special ed stuff growing up. My parents were heavily pressured into medicating me. My father strongly resisted and fought it at every turn. If he hadn't I'd most likely have become another high school shooter type one way or another. No doubt.

I don't learn like a girl. I question everything. I demand people don't TELL me how things are but SHOW me. If they can't show me they don't have my respect and they don't have authority over me. As a kid that lead to me acting out.

I think A LOT of men and boys learn the way I do. Hands on and practical. Questioning etc.

And education systems in the west are increasingly hostile to it. It's basically filed under a behavior issue rather than a learning style by feminist women and men educators all singing from the same feminist play book.
    Last edited by Maxx; 04-05-2017 at 09:40 PM.
    "Being a cunt doesn't make you wrong." ComradePrescott

The education issue, brings greater empathy from mothers. But also, in the fight for men to value themselves, boys seeing there is mhra and that its fighting for them at school age, has the power to change the narrative of both society and that of young men.

facts are behind us, there is the red pill movie, it's a big challenge, but the circumcision issue isn't narrative changing or inspiring new generations.
    A man can gain no more respect than by, laying down his life for a woman. And a woman, no more than by, beating down a man. For a man to ask, what is fair and good and true and just, is to offend.

id choose this as a spearhead issue over circumcision
    Go ahead, then

You can't decide that for someone else doing something else, though.

M

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    I agree with this 100%.
    me too actually,

maxx and i hate a very long debate once (the only one i consider him to have lost between he and i) about circumcision, its very important issue.

but.. this is more dire and this is also directly related to child rearing which isnt being done.. and i find those 2 both more important than circ.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    me too actually,

maxx and i hate a very long debate once (the only one i consider him to have lost between he and i) about circumcision, its very important issue.

but.. this is more dire and this is also directly related to child rearing which isnt being done.. and i find those 2 both more important than circ.
    I've stated once or twice my reasons for supporting action against circumcision and for calling it male genital mutilation. It's an important issue and shouldn't be dismissed by anyone who hasn't read up and researched the full extent of what happens across different types of cutting. That said, education is a better issue to open things up. As an issue it is being done to boys by state policy and pushed forward by state employees that should be removed from their positions. Routine drugging of boys is not okay, designing an education that will never work for a large percentage of boys is a travesty. This is directly being done to boys by the state on feminist orders. Circumcision is done by religious groups and a much smaller group who believe false information about penis hygiene.

Quality of education is accepted in the west as a necessary foundation to quality of future life and economic prosperity. But this issue is even worse than if it was just denying boys a place in a decent school, it's enforcing upon boys a bad education by deception and malpractice then claims that is decent schooling.
    "...especially when it comes to communication, it can be observed, if it is not a negotiation it's a war."
    Can't live with em, life is great without them.

In the US, boys are behind girls in literacy/reading *at every single level* and have been for *decades*. Not a single one of the studies done on literacy will mention this point, other than as a footnote. Reading is the key to nearly all other subjects. There is no national literacy/reading program for boys, there never has been one and there are no proposals for one. The US Department of Education has nearly 5,000 formal employees and nearly a $100B budget, but it has no national reading initiative for boys.

Most literacy experts agree that if a child does not read on grade level by the end of third grade, they will *never* read on grade level and will never catch up to the girls. There is no reading instruction after third grade, in most schools. A generation or so ago, this didn't matter as much - there were plenty of jobs for people who struggled with reading. That era is in the long ago past. After a certain point, you have to ask yourself if this is intentional. It is quite clear that this is intentional, imo.

A boy who cannot read well will become unemployed or have great difficulty gaining and keeping employment. A chronically unemployed male will often resort to crime and drugs. A chronically unemployed male will become depressed and despondent. A chronically unemployed male will find it near impossible to attract and keep a female. A chronically unemployed male will often be homeless. A chronically unemployed male will often take his life.