Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Spoonful of Sugar

Quote Originally Posted by ComradePrescott View Post
    I don't eat vegetables.
    you only eat meat? thats it?

whats your diet?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Amusing as that is, I also eat other animals. So in actual fact 95% any meat. It is mostly red meat, lamb/beef by preference, but I eat chicken and pork is extremely common in the western cuisine though I never cook it at home. I also eat a small amount of eggs and cheese. Everything is cooked in duck fat. I would prefer to use tallo (beef fat) but I can't find it in any shops near where I live and I prefer duck fat to lard (pig fat). I never buy generic "animal fat" as I assume that is made out of squirrels and hooves.

I also think I came off as preachier than I meant to, but I have developed some hostility about the topic. Just tired of people who are clearly unhealthy telling me I'm the stupid one. This is the method that I have found works best and I swear by it if anyone is asking me my secret.

I think this lecture is a good talk on the topic. Though to be honest, I wasn't convinced by the science one way or the other. I just kept trying things until something worked and then this worked. You could come back to me now with 50 studies telling me it's wrong and I wouldn't care.

Last edited by ComradePrescott; 04-09-2017 at 11:26 PM.

so you eat meat cooked in a bag. (sou vide is something ive been curious about very much)

do you buy specific meat or any meat from anywhere?

im watching the video. but im very skeptical.

i'm very healthy normally. i look far younger than i am, and i avoid mass production animals. i raise my own. i eat almost everything when it comes to animals i raise/kill ..including bone broth etc. (i also use the fat off animals, i raise my own ducks, i believe the fat off them is far healthier than anything else they try to give us)

do you do the above as well? the broth i mean? marrow is apart of the animal that provides MASSIVE amounts of nutrients...

and do you eat organs?

but veggies are very good for you, i wonder about your system and how much damage you are doing to it by eating only meat
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

so my problems with the video so far

#1 he claims he found a real hunter gatherer inuit tribe and claims they are what we should look like
    its an idiotic claim, he creates a point out of thin air, i can go find a bunch of vegetarians who look healthy and make the reverse claim.. its stupid. ANY person who does not take care of themselves will get fat. its simple does not matter what diet you use.

#2 he says women can have kids till 50? lol and later for men?
    are you kidding? haha women who have kids at 50 are fucking Rare

#3 then he goes off on vegetarians
    yes most veggies who are kids and do it on ethics are idiots and dont understand a damn thing, you can live vegetarian and healthy, ive met plenty (ive lived vegetarian for years myself)

he just keeps creating scenarios that fit his narrative and passing them as facts. but really..he holds no facts. its all manipulated.

im not nocking your diet, in fact i kind of like your diet, i would personally broaden it, but i find your diet is healthier than most people i know.

although:

- i would make sure to get products from animals who are raised without all the shit the farms use. this is to me very important
    - make sure you eat organs if you dont already
    - make sure you make bone broths and consume it.

animals provide LOADS for us and hunter gatherers used to live off them almost solely yes (they ate other foraged things as well at the very least)

but you have to eat it all. if you only eat tissue its simply not enough.

Eh, as I said, it wasn't any scientific argument that convinced me. It was that it works. I already believed in it before I watched the video and I came to believe it because I tried it and it worked like nothing had ever worked before. I just think these discussions, like the video I linked, are interesting. Things like the bones/teeth, the predators eating predators, etc. But I didn't watch that video and get convinced. The guy is old and looks undisciplined. He even says he only does it when he wants to feel better. He wouldn't have convinced me if I didn't already think meat was the way to go.

This is my life style. This is my cult. I don't listen to advice on how to lift from guys who have a weaker deadlift than me, as a rule. I don't listen to fat unhealthy people about diet, on the same principle. You sound good enough. I certainly agree eating organs is good, if you can. Though I don't think eating just steaks is going to hurt me. I've been unhealthy. I know what that feels like. If I was malnourished now, I wouldn't be the absolute best I've ever felt. I wouldn't be soaring to new heights.

Eh, as I said, it wasn't any scientific argument that convinced me. It was that it works. I already believed in it before I watched the video and I came to believe it because I tried it and it worked like nothing had ever worked before. I just think these discussions, like the video I linked, are interesting. Things like the bones/teeth, the predators eating predators, etc. But I didn't watch that video and get convinced. The guy is old and looks undisciplined. He even says he only does it when he wants to feel better. He wouldn't have convinced me if I didn't already think meat was the way to go.

This is my life style. This is my cult. I don't listen to advice on how to lift from guys who have a weaker deadlift than me, as a rule. I don't listen to fat unhealthy people about diet, on the same principle. You sound good enough. I certainly agree eating organs is good, if you can. Though I don't think eating just steaks is going to hurt me. I've been unhealthy. I know what that feels like. If I was malnourished now, I wouldn't be the absolute best I've ever felt. I wouldn't be soaring to new heights.
    i get that, i wasnt knocking it just inquiring about it.

its honestly close to what i plan on switching to once i have a life change in two years.

but i plan on growing a few pepper plants and tomato plants and eating the product of them. not a whole lot but enough to ad to my diet a bit.

one of the things you mention is you lift.

i dont, i have spent years working out and years working hard labour but i do not believe in "bulking" up. i dont want to lift big numbers i'd rather have speed and agility on my side. and less muscle mass. ive seen the gains of that.

that said. an all meat diet would help you gain weight and strength for deadlifts like crazy..

i MUCH prefer pulleys and high number of reps.. i find that targets all muscles and builds a very strong body.

A medical school graduate told me that England had no insane asylums before they started importing refined cane sugar. And, since then, the number of asylums was correlated to the amount of sugar imported each year.

There is no daily minimum requirement for carbs, though most doctors will tell you there is. Reference: Innuits. And, Europeans who live with them and eat their diet.

Quote Originally Posted by polite_disagreement View Post
    A medical school graduate told me that England had no insane asylums before they started importing refined cane sugar. And, since then, the number of asylums was correlated to the amount of sugar imported each year.

There is no daily minimum requirement for carbs, though most doctors will tell you there is. Reference: Innuits. And, Europeans who live with them and eat their diet.

- Try getting the book, "Sugar Blues" by William Dufty, he talks about the same mental problem associated with sugar. It's kinda nice to learn that this stuff is being circulated.

- It's interesting you mention Inuits because I read that the vocabulary of Inuit Alaskans didn't include the term "doctor," it's simply a nonexistent notion "to need" such a person, and I think it's mostly due to their diet.

- Watched a documentary about Heimo Korth living in Alaska with his wife .. it was really something, I think that nature is our true home :-)

Artificial sweeteners ain't no good either.

Diet soda triples stroke & dementia risk compared to normal daily cola habit – study

Everything is cooked in duck fat.
    +1000!

i raise my own. i eat almost everything when it comes to animals i raise/kill ..including bone broth etc. (i also use the fat off animals, i raise my own ducks, i believe the fat off them is far healthier than anything else they try to give us)
    Geez, is there anything you don't do? Ha ha! If this is true though, do you raise more that just ducks? I've always wanted to raise some roasters (chickens). I've never had duck, but I've read that it's very, very fatty? How do you render your fat? Do ducks absolutely require water in order to thrive?

I'm getting into the raised bed veggie garden this spring; raising some meat might be next.

I'm a meat man myself; I love flesh! But I force myself to eat veggies, buckwheat kasha, and the odd fruit. Lots of berries though, in smoothies (I use stevia to sweeten it). Remember, meat and fat and berries equals pemmican!

Fuck! I sound like a pretty healthy guy! Too bad about the bottle of wine and half a dozen smokes to go with it every few days, but hey, a vice or two is what makes life worth living!
    Last edited by oldblueeyes; 04-21-2017 at 10:53 PM.
    Men stay single and your pockets will jingle!