Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy to Be Here

Happy to Be Here

Hello,

43 year old, single (never married), no kids, US, female here.

I'm elated to be here - though I've arrived here the hard 'experiential' way having spent a ton of time in the 'social justice' and 'cultural marxists' camps myself. I never really considered myself a feminist (and still do not) but but as a never married women with no kids who has focused on her career I became familiar with their schpleal and also with some of the issues that modern men face. I've spent and continue to spend a ton of time at the University level and am particularly interested in issues at that level and how to change the present mindset. My background is in the objective/hard sciences - I've little experience in the soft sciences and humanities. I believe gender difference have a strong and undeniable component of biological determinism to them, and always will!

Some of my interest include:

• Cultural Marxism
    • Biological Determinism
    • Economics - how are feminist institutions (American Women's Studies Association, etc..) being funded
    • Critical Theory (yikes, that's horrifying)
    • etc...

I'm here to be more solution-oriented vs. deconstructive and interested in finding a pathway forward, for myself initially but also as a society.

I hope to be able to have and contribute to some excellent discussions with you all to raise awareness and help bring to light the consequences of the last 30 years or so and see what can be done.

Thanks.

Hello. Have you ever read the book by author Warren Farrell: The Myth of Male Power?

the path forward is fairly simple. its either

A) backwards
    or
    B) into collapse.

there is no fixing this.

why do you say 30 years? this started over 50 years ago. are you not including 1st wave in this?

welcome to the boards.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

No, I haven't read that book - sounds horrifying though since I personally have a bit of a *thing* (desire to believe in and reinforce) male-power... I'll have to read beyond the title to see what he's saying and the contents is though. Thanks for your welcome and suggestion.

Thanks for your welcome.... I don't think we can go backwards - so what does collapse look like and is there a way to get ahead of it?

the path forward is fairly simple. its either

A) backwards
    or
    B) into collapse.

there is no fixing this.

why do you say 30 years? this started over 50 years ago. are you not including 1st wave in this?

welcome to the boards.

Quote Originally Posted by CamilleLion View Post
    Thanks for your welcome.... I don't think we can go backwards - so what does collapse look like and is there a way to get ahead of it?
    leave western civilization, find a nice little corner to hide in, a place that will be affected the least by whatever comes.

and i agree it cant be stopped.

and..definitely read that book.
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Oh come on... we ended up in this situation through a series of decisions: i.e. there is a pathway and processes through which this was achieved = it is reversible but I suspect it will have to be done differently (not just turning the dial back). I'm just not *that* demoralized; that's all part of what leads to this situation to begin with. Besides, where are you going to go...?

leave western civilization, find a nice little corner to hide in, a place that will be affected the least by whatever comes.

and i agree it cant be stopped.

and..definitely read that book.
    PS: How to do upload a profile picture?
    Last edited by CamilleLion; 04-11-2017 at 06:39 PM. Reason: addition of PS:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CamilleLion View Post
    No, I haven't read that book - sounds horrifying though since I personally have a bit of a *thing* (desire to believe in and reinforce) male-power... I'll have to read beyond the title to see what he's saying and the contents is though. Thanks for your welcome and suggestion.
    Can you explain that? That can mean a lot of different things, either way the book is about breaking down feminist perception that men always had all the power and were lording over women, and welcome to the forum.
    I sexually identify as a sword pommel, check your privilege or i will have to end you RIGHTLY.

Thank you for your welcome.

So, I consider myself to be a bit of a canary in the coal mine for what may come as more and more women enter the work force and take on 'masculine' roles, but hopefully a best case example. I've been though lots of different ideologies and have had to operate on high levels where I've gotten to see men, up close and personal and also been able to step back enough to examine the nature of men and women. I used to complain about 'the glass ceiling" until I could experience for myself the lengths and degrees to which men were willing to go in their own endeavors and careers and to push society forward. I now no longer complain but personally support the role of men (in aggregate) in leadership positions over many women (in aggregate), truthfully. I also support the role of men as leaders in their own homes.

My beliefs are not rooted in Christianity nor religion, i.e. some ancient dogma but in the modern experience and unhappiness I think many women are now facing. I also believe that women are starting to awaken to this - that there are tell tale signs of this... Consider the 50 shades phenomena; while fundamentally a romance novel that puts forward an unattainable image of 'the ideal male' - women overwhelmingly had a visceral reaction to it and to an acceptance of male dominance. I think that those sort of things are a good indicator that the desire for correction is there... its just a matter of finding the way to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Can you explain that? That can mean a lot of different things, either way the book is about breaking down feminist perception that men always had all the power and were lording over women, and welcome to the forum.

Warren Farrell was once the head of the feminist lobby group, National Organization of Women. His work in The Myth of Male Power will open your eyes, and you'll be angry, and probably resist it... but if you want to see things form a male perspective that particular book is a very gently-worded way to take The Red Pill.

Then there is The Red Pill Movie by Cassie Jay, available on Amazon, just released a month or so ago. Cassie Jay was a feminist when she started the movie... again another way to get a basis of understanding of what subjects we talk about here quite often.