Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy to Be Here

Quote Originally Posted by CamilleLion View Post
    Oh come on... we ended up in this situation through a series of decisions: i.e. there is a pathway and processes through which this was achieved = it is reversible but I suspect it will have to be done differently (not just turning the dial back). I'm just not *that* demoralized; that's all part of what leads to this situation to begin with. Besides, where are you going to go...?
    you underestimate the damage done and the state of things, im also not demoralized. i want to leave. i plan on it.

but most of all you underestimate the amount of obliviousness most people show to these issues. we CANNOT reverse it..because simply put 95% of the populace does -not- care ... about the situation OR about understand the situation.

they wont care until its RIGHT in their backyard.

same way they dont care about our environmental crisis..and they wont..until the garbage has FILLED all wild areas and is finally creeping into their living area.

its just.. how humans are.

mostly dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

My beliefs are not rooted in Christianity nor religion, i.e. some ancient dogma but in the modern experience and unhappiness I think many women are now facing. I also believe that women are starting to awaken to this - that there are tell tale signs of this... Consider the 50 shades phenomena; while fundamentally a romance novel that puts forward an unattainable image of 'the ideal male' - women overwhelmingly had a visceral reaction to it and to an acceptance of male dominance. I think that those sort of things are a good indicator that the desire for correction is there... its just a matter of finding the way to do that.
    this resonates very well with me,

one thing that can be added is that women are actually VERY detrimental to society. when in control of things.

women should not be in government. they should not be in positions where they are in power of changing the system.

call that sexist or whatever..but i believe it 100%
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Yep - don't give me the keys to the nuclear code... I'll give them away to the first person that "asks nicely"! I think there are always exceptions to the rule but also that most women believe they are the exception and not the norm (until they fail miserably).

this resonates very well with me,

one thing that can be added is that women are actually VERY detrimental to society. when in control of things.

women should not be in government. they should not be in positions where they are in power of changing the system.

call that sexist or whatever..but i believe it 100%

Whelp... adios I guess. I just am not where you are (yet perhaps), I see it failing all around me, i just think people need to better understand the reasons why and I see them beginning to be discussed openly more now than ever.

you underestimate the damage done and the state of things, im also not demoralized. i want to leave. i plan on it.

but most of all you underestimate the amount of obliviousness most people show to these issues. we CANNOT reverse it..because simply put 95% of the populace does -not- care ... about the situation OR about understand the situation.

they wont care until its RIGHT in their backyard.

same way they dont care about our environmental crisis..and they wont..until the garbage has FILLED all wild areas and is finally creeping into their living area.

its just.. how humans are.

mostly dumb.

Yep - don't give me the keys to the nuclear code... I'll give them away to the first person that "asks nicely"! I think there are always exceptions to the rule but also that most women believe they are the exception and not the norm (until they fail miserably).
    margo thatcher was an exception.

but quite frankly. not worth the risk! out of government !

Whelp... adios I guess. I just am not where you are (yet perhaps), I see it failing all around me, i just think people need to better understand the reasons why and I see them beginning to be discussed openly more now than ever.
    im 38 years old

ive been telling people:

the world is dying.
    our society is in dire trouble.

for 22 years.
    it's only gotten worse and people have been telling me im crazy for 22 years.

i can afford to leave western society soon. so i will.

That's one way to solve your problem and you're certainly free to do so! I hope for you that the grass is actually greener.

im 38 years old

ive been telling people:

the world is dying.
    our society is in dire trouble.

for 22 years.
    it's only gotten worse and people have been telling me im crazy for 22 years.

i can afford to leave western society soon. so i will.

Blog Entries
    Hi CamilleLion, big welcome, love your intro and opening comments. You'll enjoy it here, it's a lot more eclectic and weirder... in an open minded to debate, discussion, ideas way than it may seem sometimes. People disagree about a lot of stuff, but generally agree that modern feminism is more of a bane to society than an unpolished turd. Views vary on what the priorities for MHRM should be, but we tend to agree that we don't have much influence over others and shouldn't be telling people what to do, think, or how to spend their time.

Honest sharing of personal views is respected, someone pretty much every time will call out things thing don't ring true. There are some very smart people and some very experienced people and sooner or later every question gets an answer, but it might not be the one you want to hear.

Hope you enjoy it here.
    "...especially when it comes to communication, it can be observed, if it is not a negotiation it's a war."
    Quote Originally Posted by menrppl2 View Post
    Can't live with em, life is great without them.

Thank you for your welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspawn View Post
    Hi CamilleLion, big welcome, love your intro and opening comments. You'll enjoy it here, it's a lot more eclectic and weirder... in an open minded to debate, discussion, ideas way than it may seem sometimes. People disagree about a lot of stuff, but generally agree that modern feminism is more of a bane to society than an unpolished turd. Views vary on what the priorities for MHRM should be, but we tend to agree that we don't have much influence over others and shouldn't be telling people what to do, think, or how to spend their time.

Honest sharing of personal views is respected, someone pretty much every time will call out things thing don't ring true. There are some very smart people and some very experienced people and sooner or later every question gets an answer, but it might not be the one you want to hear.

Hope you enjoy it here.

Hello
    Hello yourself, and welcome

/.../

I've spent and continue to spend a ton of time at the University level and am particularly interested in issues at that level and how to change the present mindset.
    That's interesting - you'll belong to a very select faction here, then.
    I am particularly interested in issues in that level and try to agitate for the importance of it. Academia -> experts -> policy.
    Looking forward to your input.

My background is in the objective/hard sciences - I've little experience in the soft sciences and humanities.
    Opposite side of the spectrum, me, the squishy fields of philosophy.

I believe gender difference have a strong and undeniable component of biological determinism to them, and always will!
    Give us one fixed point of proof, and we shall lift the world off its hinges ...

Some of my interest include:

• Cultural Marxism
    • Biological Determinism
    • Economics - how are feminist institutions (American Women's Studies Association, etc..) being funded
    • Critical Theory (yikes, that's horrifying)
    • etc...
    I sincerely hope you are a friend of controversy (grin). You are about to engage with a very wide range of POVs and styles of thought and expression.

I'm here to be more solution-oriented vs. deconstructive and interested in finding a pathway forward, for myself initially but also as a society.
    This might be your handicap, then. This forum is, to put it politely, dedicated to a descriptive approach in a consciousness-raising stage ... i.e. this tribe spends a lot of time on the righteous-indignation-path.
    Anyone who can clear that logjam will be a great asset.

I hope to be able to have and contribute to some excellent discussions with you all to raise awareness and help bring to light the consequences of the last 30 years or so and see what can be done.
    I reccommend dipping your toes in by perusing the topmost-listed threads in all the sections. 1 - 5 threads in each section, the original post and then the last page of the thread to see how talk meanders.
    A few more threads, perhaps, in the high volume sections like the Lounge and News, and fewer in others, like, and this may be prophetic, Regional Acticists/Volunteer Hub ... But do look in all sections.
    Just to get a feel for the players and the game.

Thanks.
    And thank you.

M
    Last edited by Manalysis; 04-11-2017 at 11:38 PM.