Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy to Be Here

Thanks for your welcome... might you have any suggestions for haunts that are more solution-oriented?

Quote Originally Posted by Manalysis View Post
    Hello yourself, and welcome

/.../

That's interesting - you'll belong to a very select faction here, then.
    I am particularly interested in issues in that level and try to agitate for the importance of it. Academia -> experts -> policy.
    Looking forward to your input.

Opposite side of the spectrum, me, the squishy fields of philosophy.

Give us one fixed point of proof, and we shall lift the world off its hinges ...

I sincerely hope you are a friend of controversy (grin). You are about to engage with a very wide range of POVs and styles of thought and expression.

This might be your handicap, then. This forum is, to put it politely, dedicated to a descriptive approach in a consciousness-raising stage ... i.e. this tribe spends a lot of time on the righteous-indignation-path.
    Anyone who can clear that logjam will be a great asset.

I reccommend dipping your toes in by perusing the topmost-listed threads in all the sections. 1 - 5 threads in each section, the original post and then the last page of the thread to see how talk meanders.
    A few more threads, perhaps, in the high volume sections like the Lounge and News, and fewer in others, like, and this may be prophetic, Regional Acticists/Volunteer Hub ... But do look in all sections.
    Just to get a feel for the players and the game.

And thank you.

M

Quote Originally Posted by CamilleLion View Post
    That's one way to solve your problem and you're certainly free to do so! I hope for you that the ocean is actually blueer
    we will see
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Yep - don't give me the keys to the nuclear code... I'll give them away to the first person that "asks nicely"!
    made me laugh out loud

:-)
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee. - Donne

"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
    "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

"What remains for most men in modern life is a world of expectation without reward, burden without honor and service without self" - Paul Elam

I reckon the main battle-lines will be at the Phenomenology front.

the notion that experientially, teleologically ... that we're collectively pressing a new frontier.

coincidentally, I think that resonates with what Narrator is on about.

there must be a dialog in the places where dialog is being denied
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee. - Donne

"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
    "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

"What remains for most men in modern life is a world of expectation without reward, burden without honor and service without self" - Paul Elam

Thanks for your welcome... might you have any suggestions for haunts that are more solution-oriented?
    thats an interesting question.

...those places may not exist except in secret

Actually no. This place does what it says on the label: changing the cultural narrative. It has pushed MRA topics from fringe to mainstream, so that it will reach more people. And that is the main thing right now.
    There's no way to go from where the MRHM is today directly to the final objective; all the work is still laying a foundation for a great pyramid. I'm sorry if I gave you the impression that this was a bad place to be for you.

M

I'd be interested, btw, to hear what you see as solutions, or how one should orient oneself to e.g. find them.
    Movements need a vehicle in order to advance, and at present the MRHM is, vehicle-wise, like someone trying to make a boat while in the water.
    Not as easy as it doesn't even look.

M

That's a really good question. I'm currently trying to branch out and expand my knowledge-base to include history, economics, etc... I don't know a ton about strategy but I'm all for it and sounding out different things. in particular, what women can do to help bring about change and keep men engaged. I've lots more reading to do I think. I find lots of good information from conservative and religious people though I don't think the religious or conservative aspects (moral obligations) will appeal to many modern folks - still their ideas are good. It may just be that enough people have to fail and find personal discontent, but we could prepare to have ready explanations and corrective action plans available. Dunno - still crunching the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Manalysis View Post
    I'd be interested, btw, to hear what you see as solutions, or how one should orient oneself to e.g. find them.
    Movements need a vehicle in order to advance, and at present the MRHM is, vehicle-wise, like someone trying to make a boat while in the water.
    Not as easy as it doesn't even look.

M

That's a really good question. I'm currently trying to branch out and expand my knowledge-base to include history, economics, etc... I don't know a ton about strategy but I'm all for it and sounding out different things. in particular, what women can do to help bring about change and keep men engaged. I've lots more reading to do I think. I find lots of good information from conservative and religious people though I don't think the religious or conservative aspects (moral obligations) will appeal to many modern folks - still their ideas are good. It may just be that enough people have to fail and find personal discontent, but we could prepare to have ready explanations and corrective action plans available. Dunno - still crunching the numbers.
    I see your ancient etruscan name translates to "Apprentice Lion", or "Predator-in-training" ... something to live up to, if one believes that nomen est omen
    So, could you detail what you think we should keep men engaged in? The goal dictates the route, so it'd be useful to have it plotted.

M

so far i quite like this thread, thanks for joining.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.