Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hi all

Quote Originally Posted by Deidre View Post
    Sorry to hear you went through all of that. It's amazing how the courts are so skewed towards women, even to the point of alienating men from their kids.

Regarding being an anti-feminist lol yea, it can be hard when you're the odd one out of your friends who all support feminist ideas, but some are coming around to seeing the light. I was a feminism supporter a few years ago so I get how pervasive the message is in our culture.

FYI, there a blog section here to post your own blog, you might like it. It can be cathartic. Enjoy the forums!
    thx Deidre, yeah have been blogging and grieving the worst thing was the court of public opinion.

lost my whole life walked away and started again.

moving on with my life

Welcome to the AVFM forums AgainstAllOdds.
    “No one is free who has not obtained the empire of himself. No man is free who cannot command himself.”
    ― Pythagoras

Quote Originally Posted by AgainstAllOdds View Post
    that's wonderful too see after all the flying monkeys and betrayals.
    you had flying monkeys too?
    Sorry to sound flippant but I still run into some of my own monkeys around town from time to time.
    Its nice to hear of somebody else out the other side.
    BPD seems to be a dirty acronym these days
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee. - Donne

"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
    "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

"What remains for most men in modern life is a world of expectation without reward, burden without honor and service without self" - Paul Elam

Blog Entries
    Hi AgainstAllOdds, welcome to the forum. Admirable attitude and focus to be moving on with your life. All the best to you. Hope you can share what you've learned and that it can be useful to others.
    "...especially when it comes to communication, it can be observed, if it is not a negotiation it's a war."
    Quote Originally Posted by menrppl2 View Post
    Can't live with em, life is great without them.

Welcome to the forums.
    ethikē aretē--phronesis--eudaimonia
    virtue of character--practical/ethical wisdom--human flourishing

It is not a battle to win but an attitude to share.
    AVFM Mission Statement

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm View Post
    Welcome to the AVFM forums AgainstAllOdds.
    thx malcolm

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    you had flying monkeys too?
    Sorry to sound flippant but I still run into some of my own monkeys around town from time to time.
    Its nice to hear of somebody else out the other side.
    BPD seems to be a dirty acronym these days
    thx MT. yeah come across them from time to time, the secret is to not give a F*** and just stare these pussy's down. my attitude is bring it. i am a fawn fight co dependent. i am either fawning or fighting. there is no middle ground with me. i used to see things in black and white now i see things shades of grey but i wont be disrespected with lies. they cannot keep up the lies long term. there is no way someone can remember all their lies. and that is the secret to their survival. they dismiss reality for their version of reality to reduce their stress levels.

i am free and i make the decisions in my life now.

Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose Yoda

Paul says something similar. this was part of my path to freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    Welcome to the forums.
    thx GOM

i am going to have a root canal and as i sit here i am actually smiling

today is a good day