Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Narrative" - Please stop using that word!

"Narrative" - Please stop using that word!

::begin rant::

Any time you hear the word 'narrative', it should signal to you that what you are hearing is a work of fiction... some sort of intersectional, social constructivist, nonsense - where things are cherry-picked to support a pre-determined argument, and since ANYTHING can be arranged that way - if you look hard enough it's not sound reasoning.

Please, please, please can the MRA's STOP using that word, FFS - OMG, we don't need "narratives" or counter-anything... we need to divorce ourselves from that ideology and approach and use: facts, reason, logic, etc.. to argue with instead.

Please stop indulging them in their own nonsense!

::end rant::
    "De-polarize women and re-moralize men." - Me

The word "narrative" is pretty important because that's what "isms" (including feminism) try to create to present their worldviews to people in a comfortable way that people can understand.
    Thus, anything that counters their narrative is to be attacked and anything that gives credence to their narrative is to be supported.

Please, please, please can the MRA's STOP using that word, FFS - OMG, we don't need "narratives" or counter-anything... we need to divorce ourselves from that ideology and approach and use: facts, reason, logic, etc.. to argue with instead.
    Whether or not we use facts, reason or logic has nothing to do with the fact that feminists have created a narrative, generally summarized as "woman good, man bad".
    “No one is free who has not obtained the empire of himself. No man is free who cannot command himself.”
    ― Pythagoras

im with malcolm on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

I understand how postmodern 'analysis' and critical theory work and that it's "them" creating "narratives". Does the MRM consider itself to be an -ism as well, if not why do you guys use it and not make your points from a place of reason, logic, etc... Example:

An Ear for Men - Changing the Cultural Narrative.

You come off sounding exactly like them is my point when you use their jargon and it send up the same alarm bells in your audience that hearing "narrative" should = fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm View Post
    The word "narrative" is pretty important because that's what "isms" (including feminism) try to create to present their worldviews to people in a comfortable way that people can understand.
    Thus, anything that counters their narrative is to be attacked and anything that gives credence to their narrative is to be supported.

Whether or not we use facts, reason or logic has nothing to do with the fact that feminists have created a narrative, generally summarized as "woman good, man bad".
    Last edited by CamilleLion; 04-12-2017 at 08:48 PM.

No. We've given enough control of our words to sophists. I am keeping narrative.. its mine... I'll use it as it was intended to be used.

Blog Entries

This is pretty much what I came here to write.
    "...but when she goes off you, she will not just walk away, she will walk away with your fucking skin in a jar." ~~ DoctorRandomercam
    "The laws of man, they don't apply when blood gets in a woman's eye" - The Black Keys

Blog Entries
    Now "Woke"....I'm 100% on board with getting rid of woke.

http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...quot-woke-quot
    "...but when she goes off you, she will not just walk away, she will walk away with your fucking skin in a jar." ~~ DoctorRandomercam
    "The laws of man, they don't apply when blood gets in a woman's eye" - The Black Keys

LOL - well at least we agree on something!

Quote Originally Posted by Mifune View Post
    Now "Woke"....I'm 100% on board with getting rid of woke.

http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...quot-woke-quot

Narrative is problematic...so is 'woke'
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee. - Donne

"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
    "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

"What remains for most men in modern life is a world of expectation without reward, burden without honor and service without self" - Paul Elam

This statement says nothing though about why the MRM uses it. It says:

1. Feminist use the term to essentially "create" a narrative (wether or not there is evidence for it) to fit a predetermined and desired outcome that is politically expedient for them. - We all know this to be true.

2. It is 'important' - to whom (apart from the above group of people), why?

3. Feminists get upset when their narrative is attacked (with what - another narrative or facts, reason, examples, logic, proof, etc...) - We all know this to be true.

4. Feminist and their narrative conclude women = good and men = bad. - We all know this to be true.

None of these points address WHY you all adopt its use though - you've see the damage it does up close and personal?

... and no, I'm not here to troll you or tell you what to do - just providing you some feedback, do with it what you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifune View Post
    This is pretty much what I came here to write.

Last edited by CamilleLion; 04-12-2017 at 09:02 PM.