Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Narrative" - Please stop using that word!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CamilleLion View Post
    ::begin rant::

Any time you hear the word 'narrative', it should signal to you that what you are hearing is a work of fiction... some sort of intersectional, social constructivist, nonsense - where things are cherry-picked to support a pre-determined argument, and since ANYTHING can be arranged that way - if you look hard enough it's not sound reasoning.

Please, please, please can the MRA's STOP using that word, FFS - OMG, we don't need "narratives" or counter-anything... we need to divorce ourselves from that ideology and approach and use: facts, reason, logic, etc.. to argue with instead.

Please stop indulging them in their own nonsense!

::end rant::
    What do you use when you want to use it correctly? Language isn't something to be surrendered so easily, words have meanings because those meanings have survived for the purpose of communication and being understood. You are totally right about how feminists misuse, appropriate and aim to control language. It's been extremely damaging, we've seen how they abuse the words equality, rape, gap, difference, gender, rights, entitlement, privilege, representation, representative, suffragism, bossy, feminine, masculine... and countless more. It is wholly deliberate, the more of our shared language they take to their definitions, the more culture and history that uses those words they seize to use as their propaganda.

Feminism is a control cult, it's accusations are self descriptions. It gets away with that because it pushes sexism into language, makes the negative apply to men and the positive to feminists. We have to refuse to surrender any more and take back what belongs to us all.
    "...especially when it comes to communication, it can be observed, if it is not a negotiation it's a war."
    Quote Originally Posted by menrppl2 View Post
    Can't live with em, life is great without them.

So - When I hear "narrative" I immediately think of "social construction" - the stitching together of random elements into a convenient story that conforms to their desired plot and political agenda! It could well be my scientific and deductive and deconstructing bias towards approaching truth speaking here, but whenever I hear someone say "narrative" it sets off alarm bells that someone is stretching for things to tie into an agenda rather than approaching and objectively studying things for what they are, for the effects the have, based on their outcomes, etc... I frankly think it's a huge service to people that they are so sloppy and self-revealing of their approach - they essentially tell you "What you are about to hear is a complete work of fiction" - at which point I dutifully tune out.

Take back language by refusing to engage in social constructivism, cultural relativity and postmodern and intersectional jargon!

Quote Originally Posted by Mifune View Post
    This is pretty much what I came here to write.
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspawn View Post
    What do you use when you want to use it correctly? Language isn't something to be surrendered so easily, words have meanings because those meanings have survived for the purpose of communication and being understood. You are totally right about how feminists misuse, appropriate and aim to control language. It's been extremely damaging, we've seen how they abuse the words equality, rape, gap, difference, gender, rights, entitlement, privilege, representation, representative, suffragism, bossy, feminine, masculine... and countless more. It is wholly deliberate, the more of our shared language they take to their definitions, the more culture and history that uses those words they seize to use as their propaganda.

Feminism is a control cult, it's accusations are self descriptions. It gets away with that because it pushes sexism into language, makes the negative apply to men and the positive to feminists. We have to refuse to surrender any more and take back what belongs to us all.
    "De-polarize women and re-moralize men." - Me

... and no, I'm not here to troll you or tell you what to do - just providing you some feedback, do with it what you wish.
    well, then try not buy into somebody else's narrative and you'll blend in just fine

you know, like the idea that the entirety of the MRM is monolithic...and uses words wrong.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee. - Donne

"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
    "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

"What remains for most men in modern life is a world of expectation without reward, burden without honor and service without self" - Paul Elam

I hope I've done a sufficient job of saying that I overwhelmingly reject 'narratives' but do with them as you individually wish of course.

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    well, then try not buy into somebody else's narrative and you'll blend in just fine

I get the distaste for the word and concept.

The latest notion that y'all get a narrative to write yrself into and that those 'stories' somehow magically intersect (unless prescribed) to create a wonderful magical tapestry...is all very annoyingly phenomenological ... or even phenomenon-illogical.

But you need to be able to reserve the word narrative, at least to point out that people are using 'narrative' wrong.

Have you tried telling the world outside this little bubble we are in now, that their 'narrative' is bullshit?

good luck with that.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee. - Donne

"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
    "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

"What remains for most men in modern life is a world of expectation without reward, burden without honor and service without self" - Paul Elam

for some reason, I get the feeling I'm gonna have to be careful about my apostrophes

Blog Entries
    I've always seen MRA's use ''narrative'' in a manner only when describing the feminist agenda. Haven't seen MRA's use ''narrative'' to describe the MRM's overall vision, etc. So, in that context, I like the term ''narrative,'' because it signifies that a script is being used to herd the masses, which is what feminism is about. Just my observation, fwiw.

Occasionally - though I prefer to restrict my interactions to the... wait for it..... WOKE (sorry, I could't help it - the temptation was too great!)

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    Have you tried telling the world outside this little bubble we are in now, that their 'narrative' is bullshit?

good luck with that.

Well check this out: http://anearformen.com - wouldn't it just be less annoying to say "the direction of your life" instead of "the narrative"! Your life isn't a 'story' - it's nonfiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Deidre View Post
    I've always seen MRA's use ''narrative'' in a manner only when describing the feminist agenda. Haven't seen MRA's use ''narrative'' to describe the MRM's overall vision, etc. So, in that context, I like the term ''narrative,'' because it signifies that a script is being used to herd the masses, which is what feminism is about. Just my observation, fwiw.
    Last edited by CamilleLion; 04-12-2017 at 09:47 PM.

Blog Entries
    Well check this out: http://anearformen.com - wouldn't it just be less annoying to say "the direction of your life" instead of "the narrative"! Your life isn't a 'story' - it's nonfiction.
    lol Yes, maybe!

''Narrative'' has almost become a derogatory way of describing progressive secularism and feminism, so it's an ''easy'' term to grab when you want to describe the ''spell'' that the culture has fallen under, with regards to feminism