Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: On a Positive Note

Blog Entries

Lightbulb On a Positive Note

This is a thread for positive stories, quotes, observations, etc...and can be spiritual in nature, or not. Whatever you like, it just needs to be positive. There's a lot of ugliness in the world, but we shouldn't lose sight of the beauty all around us.

I like this article, and while 40% say ''no,'' 60% still say ''yes.'' We're going in the right direction.

http://www.debate.org/opinions/has-t...act-on-society
    Last edited by Deidre; 04-12-2017 at 09:58 PM.

Great topic, Deidre!

Although it's an improvement, and a step toward further protection of all forms of life, the rest of the news got me depressed due to its anti-male attitude.

A bill proposed in Oklahoma that demands giving fathers of an unborn child the legal right to their opinion by signing their approval on abortion forms.

Blog Entries
    Trustory is back.
    I sexually identify as a sword pommel, check your privilege or i will have to end you RIGHTLY.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee View Post
    Great topic, Deidre!

Although it's an improvement, and a step toward further protection of all forms of life, the rest of the news got me depressed due to its anti-male attitude.

A bill proposed in Oklahoma that demands giving fathers of an unborn child the legal right to their opinion by signing their approval on abortion forms.
    Now, that is positive news. I can only imagine though that feminists will want that overturned, but it's a great start. It has always amazed me how men are not even considered if they want the child or not, when it comes to abortion, but it only seems to matter what the woman wants. Takes two to make a baby, hello.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Trustory is back.
    Yes! I was happy when I saw her posting again!!

Another encouraging story:

http://relatingtomen.com/gender-poli...ghts-movement/
    Last edited by Deidre; 04-13-2017 at 04:42 PM.

Blog Entries
    August Løvenskiolds' main site article Do men make better CEOs than women? a classic. Really good read.
    "...especially when it comes to communication, it can be observed, if it is not a negotiation it's a war."
    Quote Originally Posted by menrppl2 View Post
    Can't live with em, life is great without them.

Beards, Game of Thrones and Alaska!

Beards: I actually think masculinity is making a comeback - sure Raymond on Everyone Loves Raymond is still getting kicked around in the reruns... but I'm seeing lots and lots of guys sporting beards lately. I like to think its a bit of cultural correction for the past decade or so of metrosexuality and manscaping.

Game of Thrones and Vikings: Who doesn't love good ole' fashion sex and violence, apparently lots of people do!

Alaska: Every other show on the Discovery or Learning Channel Network is about rugged men homesteading in Alaska. I like to think its tapping into people's need to sort of return to some basics and away from the technology - a primitive drive in people.

I think the popularity of all these things is a good sign... (though I still cannot explain the man bun).
    Last edited by CamilleLion; 04-14-2017 at 01:53 AM.
    "De-polarize women and re-moralize men." - Me

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CamilleLion View Post
    Beards, Game of Thrones and Alaska!

Beards: I actually think masculinity is making a comeback - sure Raymond on Everyone Loves Raymond is still getting kicked around in the reruns... but I'm seeing lots and lots of guys sporting beards lately. I like to think its a bit of cultural correction for the past decade or so of metrosexuality and manscaping.
    LOVE beards. My fiance can't have one because he's a cop and has to be clean shaven. When he has a few days off in a row, it's like a tease, because he doesn't shave then. lol

Game of Thrones and Vikings: Who doesn't love good ole' fashion sex and violence, apparently lots of people do!
    Love GoT!

Alaska: Every other show on the Discovery or Learning Channel Network is about rugged men homesteading in Alaska. I like to think its tapping into people's need to sort of return to some basics and away from the technology - a primitive drive in people.
    True. I think that our culture is looking towards a minimalist way of life. Alaska seems so beautiful!

I think the popularity of all these things is a good sign... (though I still cannot explain the man bun).
    lol

And you. You are a very positive addition to this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Deidre View Post
    And you. You are a very positive addition to this site.
    That's very kind of you!

A list of the wonderful things that the Romans (Patriarchy) have done for us!

Blog Entries
    Awesome, and uplifting to see the goodness of people.

http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/mecha...ones-car-free/