Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: On a Positive Note

Blog Entries
    So, sometime this morning, my MiL's dog got out and ran off. My MiL is blind and frail and basically housebound. She couldn't really go looking for her dog but her son did find his collar stuck on the bottom of a raggedy chain-link fence. Cut to this afternoon/evening. My wife is on FB asking local friends to get the word out that she's looking for the dog. A few possibilities turn up on FB from where people were posting about lost & found animals. My MiL's dog turns out to be one of them. Some guy working at a cafe a couple blocks away had found him and took him home then posted the dog on FB. After he and my wife chatted on FB to confirm the dog's identity, the guy volunteered to drive the dog back home to my MiL after he found out that we live a little more than half an hour away (we'd asked to pick it up from him). My MiL's dog is now back home.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesNunya View Post
    So, sometime this morning, my MiL's dog got out and ran off. My MiL is blind and frail and basically housebound. She couldn't really go looking for her dog but her son did find his collar stuck on the bottom of a raggedy chain-link fence. Cut to this afternoon/evening. My wife is on FB asking local friends to get the word out that she's looking for the dog. A few possibilities turn up on FB from where people were posting about lost & found animals. My MiL's dog turns out to be one of them. Some guy working at a cafe a couple blocks away had found him and took him home then posted the dog on FB. After he and my wife chatted on FB to confirm the dog's identity, the guy volunteered to drive the dog back home to my MiL after he found out that we live a little more than half an hour away (we'd asked to pick it up from him). My MiL's dog is now back home.
    That's awesome to hear. Your MIL must be so happy!

Blog Entries

men, arnt they always the heros in real life?
    (no offense ladies but seems pretty much true or darn near close to)

my dog ran off today too. neighbours dogs always talk him into it then they come back and he's gone for hours after them..wtf
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Men do do a ton - but I have also seen more than one mother save her child from running out in the street to certain death and generally keeping them alive!

men, arnt they always the heros in real life?
    (no offense ladies but seems pretty much true or darn near close to)

my dog ran off today too. neighbours dogs always talk him into it then they come back and he's gone for hours after them..wtf
    Last edited by CamilleLion; 04-19-2017 at 02:18 PM.
    "De-polarize women and re-moralize men." - Me

Blog Entries
    It's funny your comment TheNarrator, comes after I post a quote from Anne Frank. lol Talk about heroism. She was only a child and risked her own life to save others. But, this thread isn't about men vs women...it's about positive thoughts, stories, etc. So let's keep it OT. ;=)

Quote Originally Posted by Deidre View Post
    It's funny your comment TheNarrator, comes after I post a quote from Anne Frank. lol Talk about heroism. She was only a child and risked her own life to save others. But, this thread isn't about men vs women...it's about positive thoughts, stories, etc. So let's keep it OT. ;=)
    lol i saw that post after i posted it and knew you'd bring it up here!! haha

camille - as far as women and kids thats the one instance where women will be selfless on a regular basis. my point was not to belittle women simply to highlight men's strengths.

deidre - yes i know. wasnt meant to be negative.
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deidre View Post
    I like this article, and while 40% say ''no,'' 60% still say ''yes.'' We're going in the right direction.

http://www.debate.org/opinions/has-t...act-on-society
    That outcome is quite good I think especially when you compare it to how people generally react to feminism.

i'm not sure if anyone's heard of this story before. A few years back, this person started a petition on change.org campaigning for the government to label feminism a terrorist group.

https://www.change.org/p/the-governm...errorist-group

The petition got roughly 15,000 signatures. Naturally this caused an outrage in our feminised media. As a result of this twitter exploded into a frenzy of sexist comments from feminists hating on men and blaming them for this petition and its outcome...in a way confirming everything that was said about feminism in that petition. The funniest thing happened when The Metro (a very popular newspaper here) did an article to bash and counter this petition, questioning its authenticity and reliability. So, they did a petition of their own asking people whether or not feminism should be labeled a terrorist organisation…their outcome? 70% of their readers agreed that feminism is terrorism….

http://metro.co.uk/2015/08/24/someon...group-5357917/

You cannot make this stuff up.
    Last edited by Equity; 04-19-2017 at 06:22 PM.

Blog Entries
    lol i saw that post after i posted it and knew you'd bring it up here!! haha
    Ah! I see lol

deidre - yes i know. wasnt meant to be negative.
    Okay

Quote Originally Posted by Equity View Post
    That outcome is quite good I think especially when you compare it to how people generally react to feminism.

i'm not sure if anyone's heard of this story before. A few years back, this person started a petition on change.org campaigning for the government to label feminism a terrorist group.

https://www.change.org/p/the-governm...errorist-group

The petition got roughly 15,000 signatures. Naturally this caused an outrage in our feminised media. As a result of this twitter exploded into a frenzy of sexist comments from feminists hating on men and blaming them for this petition and its outcome...in a way confirming everything that was said about feminism in that petition. The funniest thing happened when The Metro (a very popular newspaper here) did an article to bash and counter this petition, questioning its authenticity and reliability. So, they did a petition of their own asking people whether or not feminism should be labeled a terrorist organisation…their outcome? 70% of their readers agreed that feminism is terrorism….

http://metro.co.uk/2015/08/24/someon...group-5357917/

You cannot make this stuff up.
    Wow, I've never heard this story, no. When you think about it though, what is terrorism? Basically a group that is trying to inflict terror on other groups for political gain and power, and that's exactly what many feminists would like to inflict on men - fear. Its backfiring on many feminists though, considering that if you keep teaching men to fear you, then eventually they will...and they'll leave you completely alone. To which many feminists utter the question ''where'd all the good men go?''

Blog Entries
    I've known a few people who have committed suicide or who have been suicidal, and one of the underlying themes with all of them seemed to be that they were longing for love, affection, someone to care about them. Someone to notice their existence. I'm hopeful that this man will feel the love and empathy from those who helped to save him.

http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/crowd...police-arrive/