Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: On a Positive Note

Blog Entries
    On a positive note, I recently discovered a site named "Gimundo." The only caution I would say to some of these "good news" sites is they can have feminist messages hidden within, because many people feel feminism is a cultural "positive." So just watch out for that when stumbling across sites that tout enthusiasm.

Quote Originally Posted by CamilleLion View Post
    Beards, Game of Thrones and Alaska!

Beards: I actually think masculinity is making a comeback - sure Raymond on Everyone Loves Raymond is still getting kicked around in the reruns... but I'm seeing lots and lots of guys sporting beards lately. I like to think its a bit of cultural correction for the past decade or so of metrosexuality and manscaping.

LOL you guys think beards are masculine?

man. beards..especially the beards of today. are girly as FUCK.

they spend more time on their beards than it takes to shave, they dont get it.

its a trend its not masculine its the opposite.

and
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

LOL you guys think beards are masculine?
    Yes. Don't confuse trends and your personal preferences with genetics - I and any woman I know have yet to wake up sporting a beard.
    "De-polarize women and re-moralize men." - Me

Quote Originally Posted by CamilleLion View Post
    Yes. Don't confuse trends and your personal preferences with genetics - I and any woman I know have yet to wake up sporting a beard.
    personal preference?

nah, nothing to do with it.

these men who wax and groom their beards are usually the stupid hipster types who are barely men. "masculine" does not come to mind whatsoever when i see those guys "douche" or "guy i would walk through" comes up.

i hate facial hair, i would lazer it all off if i could. and i find hide my face behind it. i shave so people can see my expressions and read me.

but that has NOTHING to do with a "FACT" that is that the new beard trend isnt the manly men doing it.

the old guys with wild ass beards.>YES they are manly

but.. the new wave of beards is NOT manly.
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Blog Entries
    hahaha ^^ Yea, I know, some men do grow beards as part of a trend.

My fiance can't have a beard for his work (he's a cop) but he's strong/muscular/lean. Strong, muscular and a beard? I might have to call him...perfect.

But, he's very smart and down to earth...hot without intelligence isn't all that hot, tbh.

Camille, you are funny! I'm glad you joined this site. I don't care what Matrix says.

Blog Entries
    I know a young girl (early 20's) who's wedding ring is made of wood. She was beaming when she showed it to me. No stone in it. It gave me hope for the future.
    I used to think collapse was inevitable. Now I realize it is necessary.

It was only a matter of time before the bicycles realized that they in fact did not need the fish.

Quote Originally Posted by pbisque View Post
    I know a young girl (early 20's) who's wedding ring is made of wood. She was beaming when she showed it to me. No stone in it. It gave me hope for the future.
    mine's was copper..lol (not really a wedding ring but promise ring.

i made it from water pipe..lol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbisque View Post
    That's a cool idea. Mine is a diamond but you can choose any kind of stone you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Deidre View Post
    That's a cool idea. Mine is a diamond but you can choose any kind of stone you like.
    i dont think wood is made of stone.