Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Music for the broken heart

Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Funny thing about shit -- good things tend to grow out of it

Got a broken heart?

my advice: DO NOT LISTEN TO FUCKING LOVE SONGS.

The vast majority are full of woman pedastalisng bullshit.

In fact, pretty much ANY music will invoke emotions. listen to emotional bullshit and you risk getting locked in a cycle of sadness. Listen to more realistically themed music (you know - those somgs that rail against the usual narrative) and you risk getting locked into anger or hatred.

The last thing you need when emotionaly vulnerable is to invoke more emotions. MUsic is rather like brain food... be very careful what you put into yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by cpb View Post
    Got a broken heart?

my advice: DO NOT LISTEN TO FUCKING LOVE SONGS.

The vast majority are full of woman pedastalisng bullshit.

In fact, pretty much ANY music will invoke emotions. listen to emotional bullshit and you risk getting locked in a cycle of sadness. Listen to more realistically themed music (you know - those somgs that rail against the usual narrative) and you risk getting locked into anger or hatred.

The last thing you need when emotionaly vulnerable is to invoke more emotions. MUsic is rather like brain food... be very careful what you put into yourself.
    I listen to pretty much everything.