Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Into the woods for health!

Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    (funny but my partner would never fuck me monetarily either)[/B]
    Famous last words, shit-for-brains.
    Men stay single and your pockets will jingle!

Quote Originally Posted by oldblueeyes View Post
    Famous last words, shit-for-brains.
    well i know her. and you dont.

so id say that puts me ahead of you in know-how

dont it?

plus. i did say that only the half is in our shared name and the first is in my parents name..you understood that? right? or are you too stupid?

she paid for half..she's been supporting me for the better part of two years..why should she not get 50%?

your reading comprehension is as good as simpleman's.
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Senior Member GreatStrengthWithin's Avatar
    Love stuff like this. Especially medicinal plants and stuff like that. That would be right up my alley that I would not mind getting into.
    "You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength." - Marcus Aurelius

"Natural ability without education has more often raised a man to glory and virtue than education without natural ability." - Marcus Aurelius

"Draw from your past, but do not let your past draw from you." - Bra'tac of Chulak (Stargate SG-1)

Quote Originally Posted by GreatStrengthWithin View Post
    Love stuff like this. Especially medicinal plants and stuff like that. That would be right up my alley that I would not mind getting into.
    when i was a boy i went to a private school. was quite expensive for the time (the most expensive school in canada). my parents lost all their money so we didnt go there very long.. BUT while we did go there....

once a month they would send all the kids to a "camp" for the weekend. since most of the rich parents didnt want to spend time with their kids the kids basically lived at the school.

i went for the fun

i learned to sail there..i spent countless hours on sailboats...

the other thing i did was befriend the groundskeeper..he was an old native guy and i just followed him around and he would show me all the mushrooms and plants you can use for healing.. he would just walk through the forest and then point at stuff and ask me if i knew then continue.. he was an awesome guy.

i followed him for months.. and...one class we had at the school was "survival" class and our swimming teacher was in the woods with us (both the camp and the school were in northern quebec) and he told us to eat a mushroom.. 24 students... everyone ate the mushroom except myself and my 2 or 3 friends... because i told them not to! and they knew i knew my shit (at like 11 years old!?? LOL)

everyone who ate them was in the hospital that night... we had the entire dormitories to ourselves..haha

that teacher HATED me.. i was almost a lifeguard when i started going to that school and he kept "demoting" me in swimming class after that incident..and he always hated me.. cause i kept rubbing this shit in his face..i told him it was poison he told me the argument "IM THE TEACHER" " well you're the teacher but you're wrong" in front of everyone pissed him off..hahah

life is weird.
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

sorry for the ramblings..haha

i learned to sail there..i spent countless hours on sailboats...
    I didn't know that, but of course how could I? I hereby retract my slams. You know more about sailing than I ever will, though it was a dream of mine in my 20s. I still question the wisdom of trading an appreciating asset for a depreciating money pit, but if it's your dream, well, you can't put a price on that.

Senior Member GreatStrengthWithin's Avatar
    sorry for the ramblings..haha
    All good, it was pretty funny.
    "You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength." - Marcus Aurelius

"Natural ability without education has more often raised a man to glory and virtue than education without natural ability." - Marcus Aurelius

"Draw from your past, but do not let your past draw from you." - Bra'tac of Chulak (Stargate SG-1)

I didn't know that, but of course how could I? I hereby retract my slams. You know more about sailing than I ever will, though it was a dream of mine in my 20s. I still question the wisdom of trading an appreciating asset for a depreciating money pit, but if it's your dream, well, you can't put a price on that.
    im not trading assets that way at all. you never asked my plan you just attacked.

I dont have to tell you shit, but i will just so you understand a fucking thing.
    keep in mind, that this plan is in the works and constantly changes a bit. currently this is the plan:

i need to get a job so i can qualify for mortgages. if i cant, i'll just try without.

we have 2 houses paid off.
    lets say its 500000$$$$$ i sell both and ..(it will be more. but for math's sake i always round everything for my loss to ensure it works)

we will buy 2 houses.
    1 for her father
    1 for my parents.
    both mortgages will be 30 year and as small a payment as they can get.
    minimum down will be roughly 30k each.
    neither of these are my worry, my father is handy wont ask me for anything and neither will hers, they are on their own they know this.
    these houses will probably be empty by the time our kids are old enough to go to university..we will then sell them and buy the kids houses where they want to go.

down to 440 000 $ in the bank.

we are going to get a mortgage for 1000000 $ and buy a 12 unit apartment. (building we're looking at is 880000)
    this will happen if i get a job OR if i make a business out of it and show my 440 in the bank. but business plan does not use the 440.
    the income from it will be roughly 7000 $ after taxes/bills
    the 20 year mortgage on it im not sure i did the math a few months back i think it was 3600 a month for 20 years.
    we will double up on the payments every month. it gets paid in 10 years max. (probably more like 7)

560 000$ in the bank.

boat costs 200 000 MAXX for what i want

end up with 360 in the bank.
    year one mortgage has a 20% down thing, we will give 200 000 on year one, cutting out mortgage down to 800K
    then year 2 we will give another 100K (plus whatever difference from all my rounding against my favour so probably more like 170K) making our mortgage smaller.

we also have income if we need to maintenance the boat.

in 7 or 8 years we will be floating 7000 $ CAD per month..we will probably pay the parents houses off fast so they can make due better and go for trips etc.
    THEN we will just enjoy life.
    by that point i should be about 54?
    about sailing, i said in an earlier post i didnt know shit about sailing. i DONT. i know the basics..on lakes. the ocean will be an entirely other animal. but plenty of people are sailors and self taught.
    when i was a boy and i learned to sail. i took to it like i had always been a sailor. i was one with the ship. LOVED it.
    i still have to learn how to sail on the ocean
    what to watch out for
    when tempests are where. what seasons etc.
    how to maintenance the engine ( i dont mean oil changes)
    etc
    etc
    etc
    etc

i'll learn.

Jesus Christ, are you still going on about that?

Jesus Christ, are you still going on about that?
    lol no i just wanted to find the thread for my own stuff, but i could not remember which it was in.