Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New kid on the block!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
    Hi and welcome.

I'm married, 22 years, 2 kids, highly unlikely my wife will ever push the divorce button... and I am as Red Pilled as anyone. Red Pill is not anti-partnership, its not anti-family nor is it anti-marriage per-say... but against the interference the state takes in matters of marriages and children on behalf of women.. who are selectively targeted and incentivized to do so.

If you want to be a father, and have any rights to your kids, you'll need to be married at some point to the mother. There is no way around this. Don't raise a kid out of wedlock... statistically a very bad idea for the kids.

If kids are not part of your future, then consider getting yourself snipped and eliminate yourself from the baby trap scenario.

If you want kids, start looking hard now and shit-test the crap out of the women you meet. It takes sorting through a lot of crap to find a diamond... but they tend to be made near farms (not horse farms)... or any other hard-working parent household who tend to raise actual women worthy of the risk of a state marriage contract.

Popp is a good guy at heart but still damaged... and he already had his kids. Don't take diet advice from a fat man.. don't take parenting advice from someone who has been torn apart in divorce court.

If the women won't discriminate to choose better partners.. then it's up to the men to do it.
    Interesting viewpoint. I'll start looking, but not hard. If I find one, cool. If I don't, well that's too bad. Unlike women, I don't have a biological clock, so if I don't become a father until 50 or 60, then so be it, as far as I'm concerned, though I'd rather not wait THAT long. There's no snip for me, man. I'm keeping mind intact. There's already one kid out there that might be mine, but I don't know yet. The mother has never contacted me, so for now I assume it's someone else's, but I wouldn't mind meeting the kid someday to find out for sure, once they're older than 18 or perhaps wait until they're 21+. I'm not American though, so 'state laws' or 'state marriage contract' isn't exactly something I have to worry about. Still, I'm approaching the issue tactfully and with caution; if I ever consider marriage or getting a woman pregnant, I'll be seeing a lawyer first, and becoming intimately familiar with whatever potential protection I an get with the added signature of the potential loved one. If she's put off by having to go through a lawyer to go through marriage or pregnancy, then that's just too bad. I'm only in my 20s as well, though a few years older than you, and I'm in no rush whatsoever. Sure I'll look into dating, but it's not a priority for me. Writing is my priority.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by J N Morgan View Post
    I hate how much I love Negan's character... thought I'd mention such since I seen you in that Walking Dead thread. He's got such a DAMN awesome attitude, in spite of his homocidal tendencies. I think he'd be an awesome dude to drink with, provided I never got on his bad side, or had to witness one of his lethal and messy 'lessons' that he has to teach from time to time.
    Really? lol Hmmm...well, he is an interesting antagonist, but from what I've read about his character in the comic books from people who follow the comics, his tv series character seems to miss the mark. But, the actor who plays him is doing an amazing job. I'm over that plot, tbh, think it was a bad idea to monopolize the entire season focusing on him, his cronies, and side characters. Ugh. They lost a lot of viewers (millions) due to this season becoming very boring, predictable, and too focused on an antagonist that doesn't seem all that scary, really. They should have shared his backstory, that would have been interesting. How did this guy become a psychopath? Was he always a psychopath? Or did the ZA change him? Would have been good to see his character fleshed out a bit.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deidre View Post
    Really? lol Hmmm...well, he is an interesting antagonist, but from what I've read about his character in the comic books from people who follow the comics, his tv series character seems to miss the mark. But, the actor who plays him is doing an amazing job. I'm over that plot, tbh, think it was a bad idea to monopolize the entire season focusing on him, his cronies, and side characters. Ugh. They lost a lot of viewers (millions) due to this season becoming very boring, predictable, and too focused on an antagonist that doesn't seem all that scary, really. They should have shared his backstory, that would have been interesting. How did this guy become a psychopath? Was he always a psychopath? Or did the ZA change him? Would have been good to see his character fleshed out a bit.
    Can't say I've ever checked out the comic book stuff of Walking Dead. Only the show and the game, which I have to check out Season 3 or whatever it is. I am quite drunk at the moment. Anyways, I do enjoy the content, I need to drink water to ttry and prevent a hangover. CHeeers! I am fucked.

Interesting viewpoint. I'll start looking, but not hard. If I find one, cool. If I don't, well that's too bad. Unlike women, I don't have a biological clock, so if I don't become a father until 50 or 60, then so be it, as far as I'm concerned, though I'd rather not wait THAT long. There's no snip for me, man. I'm keeping mind intact. There's already one kid out there that might be mine, but I don't know yet. The mother has never contacted me, so for now I assume it's someone else's, but I wouldn't mind meeting the kid someday to find out for sure, once they're older than 18 or perhaps wait until they're 21+. I'm not American though, so 'state laws' or 'state marriage contract' isn't exactly something I have to worry about. Still, I'm approaching the issue tactfully and with caution; if I ever consider marriage or getting a woman pregnant, I'll be seeing a lawyer first, and becoming intimately familiar with whatever potential protection I an get with the added signature of the potential loved one. If she's put off by having to go through a lawyer to go through marriage or pregnancy, then that's just too bad. I'm only in my 20s as well, though a few years older than you, and I'm in no rush whatsoever. Sure I'll look into dating, but it's not a priority for me. Writing is my priority.
    one thing i would change in Iggy's post (although i rep'ed him for the good post)

one difference: dont look for women, just always assess them, dont go seeking them if you do you will settle

if you assess them and one happens to plop into your lap thats worth your time. then make things work. but dont chase skirts. never amounts to good with women.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Can't say I've ever checked out the comic book stuff of Walking Dead. Only the show and the game, which I have to check out Season 3 or whatever it is. I am quite drunk at the moment. Anyways, I do enjoy the content, I need to drink water to ttry and prevent a hangover. CHeeers! I am fucked.
    negan is an evil fucker.
    you staying on his bad side or good side is irrelevant. your only priority should be getting the hell away from him or killing him.
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Just to clarify.. I've been married 22 years, my oldest child is graduating this year.

I am also living in Canada.. and their parental laws are not much different than the US... not married when child is conceived = no parental rights. I use the term 'state' to represent most federal governments.. for future reference.

And while sperm has a bit longer shelf life and eggs... think longer term.. like how old you want to be when you are a grand parent.

I have no issue with men looking for women, but will agree that patience and willingness to discard bad candidates quickly is both smart for you and kinder to them.

ahoy, Cpt Morgan
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee. - Donne

"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
    "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

"What remains for most men in modern life is a world of expectation without reward, burden without honor and service without self" - Paul Elam

Senior Member GreatStrengthWithin's Avatar
    I'm a little late to the party, but welcome to the forums.

"You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength." - Marcus Aurelius

"Natural ability without education has more often raised a man to glory and virtue than education without natural ability." - Marcus Aurelius

"Draw from your past, but do not let your past draw from you." - Bra'tac of Chulak (Stargate SG-1)

Blog Entries
    negan is an evil fucker.
    you staying on his bad side or good side is irrelevant. your only priority should be getting the hell away from him or killing him.
    I know, and I do hope he will die in the worst of ways, but he's still so damn cool! As for the post right before the one I'm quoting, yeah, I'm done chasing skirts. I've realized the foolishness of it somewhere around 2009. Oh, also, I don't even remember posting that last reply of mine, I got drunk pretty damn quick last night. Still, I only had 20oz (around 600ml) of 45% rum last night, and it looks like I still have a good 5oz (150ml) or so left, so my strategy works! Get drunk quick and you don't have to drunk too much! Though 15oz (450ml or so) in a little over an hour miiiiiiight be pushing it...

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
    Just to clarify.. I've been married 22 years, my oldest child is graduating this year.

I am also living in Canada.. and their parental laws are not much different than the US... not married when child is conceived = no parental rights. I use the term 'state' to represent most federal governments.. for future reference.

And while sperm has a bit longer shelf life and eggs... think longer term.. like how old you want to be when you are a grand parent.

I have no issue with men looking for women, but will agree that patience and willingness to discard bad candidates quickly is both smart for you and kinder to them.
    I'm still only in my mid-20s. There's no rush, and what my age will be once I become a grandparent isn't a worry. My father was in his 30s when I was born, and now he's soon to be 60 and is a grandfather. I think I'll manage to become a full-time writer within a year or two, so I won't be beating up my body with jobs in construction like he did, but I will still be physically active and doing what I can to keep myself in good shape. I also don't smoke tobacco at all, never did. Neither am I a stoner anymore. I don't do hard drugs; basically all I do is drink. So my life expectancy as of right now in my mid-20s is probably at least 75. If I don't have my first kid (though to be perfectly honest, I might already have one out there; yet to find out if it's mine or not) until I'm 40 years old, then I have 35 years to become a grandparent. Plenty of time, and I might even see its teen years. Not only that but 75 years is something of a conservative life expectancy for a Canadian; we have a longer life expectancy than Americans, but anyways, life expectancy will most certainly be longer in the 2060s than it is now so really by the time I'm actually in my 70s, I could probably expect to live another 10 years, maybe even another 20, so I'm not too concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    ahoy, Cpt Morgan
    Actually I drank Smuggler's Cove which is a pretty affordable but strong rum from Nova Scotia. OH! As in J N Morgan! lol Nice! It's actually just a pseudonym, but I have to say I do love Captain Morgan Dark, and 'Captain Morgan Dark DeLuxe' is actually one of my favourite rums going. You'd have to put a gun to my head for me to mix it with anything; tastes so good that it's an absolute sin to do so!

Quote Originally Posted by GreatStrengthWithin View Post
    I'm a little late to the party, but welcome to the forums.

Right on, thanks! Also, those are some cool quotes. I know a few myself. One, which I can't remember who said it, is "There are three things that all wise men fear; the sea in a storm, a moonless night, and the anger of a gentle man." Probably heavily paraphrased that, but you get the idea. "Alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, may produce all the effects of drunkenness" by Oscar Wilde. "All met make mistakes. It is the wise men who learn from their mistakes" by Sir Winston Churchill.

Senior Member GreatStrengthWithin's Avatar
    Right on, thanks! Also, those are some cool quotes. I know a few myself. One, which I can't remember who said it, is "There are three things that all wise men fear; the sea in a storm, a moonless night, and the anger of a gentle man." Probably heavily paraphrased that, but you get the idea. "Alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, may produce all the effects of drunkenness" by Oscar Wilde. "All met make mistakes. It is the wise men who learn from their mistakes" by Sir Winston Churchill.
    Thanks.

Yeah I don't recognize that quote. I do like the quotes though.
    "You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength." - Marcus Aurelius

"Natural ability without education has more often raised a man to glory and virtue than education without natural ability." - Marcus Aurelius

"Draw from your past, but do not let your past draw from you." - Bra'tac of Chulak (Stargate SG-1)