Thread: Women on mobile phones

Women on mobile phones

I wonder if anyone here gets as irritated as I do with seeing half the female population at any time texting on mobile phones. I mean, what do they talk about all the time, and why do they go from one conversation immediately to the next. I use the Paris metro frequently and even at 7:30 am there they are madly texting someone they havent heard from for what? 15minutes. It always seems to me that this is a outgrowth of their native narcissism.

I don't really see women doing this much more than I see men doing it.
    And no, I don't get irritated, what they do and who they talk to isn't my business.
    “No one is free who has not obtained the empire of himself. No man is free who cannot command himself.”
    ― Pythagoras

I find it annoying everybody on phones all the time

ya get together, if ya say something everyone says what?

sometimes it takes awhile for ppl to acknowledge your there, if at all.

I liked ppl better when phones were screwed to the wall
    A man can gain no more respect than by, laying down his life for a woman. And a woman, no more than by, beating down a man. For a man to ask, what is fair and good and true and just, is to offend.

Quote Originally Posted by Caryatidman View Post
    I wonder if anyone here gets as irritated as I do with seeing half the female population at any time texting on mobile phones. I mean, what do they talk about all the time, and why do they go from one conversation immediately to the next. I use the Paris metro frequently and even at 7:30 am there they are madly texting someone they havent heard from for what? 15minutes. It always seems to me that this is a outgrowth of their native narcissism.
    1. Most forms of politeness, including looking where you're going, have been scrapped.
    2. People are no longer aware of their surroundings, because they don't have to be.
    3. "Reality is elsewhere" - real life is disappointing and grey; on SoMe you can meet interesting people, and even be a star.
    4. "Keeping in touch" is part of the female gender role. Modern phone technology enables constant keeping in touch.

1 - 3 holds for every gender (and both sexes ...). 4 is mainly women. I think men are more into games/music, and possibly news, but that's just a guess.

M

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolm View Post
    I don't really see women doing this much more than I see men doing it.
    And no, I don't get irritated, what they do and who they talk to isn't my business.
    This.

Yea, I'd say it's pretty equal.

I've made it a point to leave my phone in the car when I'm out to dinner with friends, etc so I can stay in the present moment. It's tempting to keep checking one's phone if it's right there.

good one, but the paper doesn't chew up 16 waking hours, and actually gives ya something to talk about.
    but I wouldn't say phone addiction is gendered,,,,,,,,its funny, go to a party, ppl only put there phones down long enuff to roll one.

I have a phone that is only a phone, no facebook or twitter......the in person thing has its charms.
    Last edited by menrppl2; 04-30-2017 at 12:28 AM.
    A man can gain no more respect than by, laying down his life for a woman. And a woman, no more than by, beating down a man. For a man to ask, what is fair and good and true and just, is to offend.

Quote Originally Posted by menrppl2 View Post
    good one, but the paper doesn't chew up 16 waking hours, and actually gives ya something to talk about.
    yep. i remember seeing men with newspapers in the city and the old guys would point at it and talk about it even if they are both reading.....

on their phones? NOT SO MUCH
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.