Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: projects?

  1. #1

    projects?

    Hi, thanks for providing this forum for men. I had my red pill moment after my first divorce, when I realized that the courts favored mothers and later when I tried to gain custody of my 17 year old son (who had been abused by his mom) and it backfired into attempting to make me a debt slave. I also realized that most of my feminist friends were brainwashed, and that it was partially a class issue, that people from the salaried class had a blind spot to the experiences of most working class men. I was a salaried professional (scientist/engineer) until 12 years ago, when I quit the mainstream world. At first I had savings, but then I had to work for an hourly wage or start businesses, or sometimes collect charity. And then recently I saw The Red Pill movie, which vindicated what I had been thinking, but not getting much discussion on. While I think that venting and empathy and raising consciousness are all important, I would like to move beyond them into actually fixing problems. And I am not so keen on legislature, what with the best intentions leading to hell once governments or any other large scale burocracies (even corporations) are involved.

    Anyway, I have been wondering for a while if one answer to alot of the issues working class men and divorced dads (and actually lots of other people too) are facing could be fixed by starting over with a new way to produce stuff, use and distribute it. On a much more local, and hence human scale, subject to more immediate feedbacks/checks/balances than on a global scale. Some of the technology to do this already exists, it has existed before the industrial revolution. Perhaps we could network all these farmers and craftspeople and healers and artists on a local village scale and get out of the global economy, or at least not be forced to participate in it while still having a decent life. The economic part of the idea was thought about a while ago by Chesterton and others, and called distributism. But there has not been much work on the technological part. I call that project The Luddite Manhattan Project, in analogy to the project that created the bomb: there is a tangible output (the working local technology ecosystem), a finite timeframe, lots of up-front funding needed, and a dedicated team of men to do it. Yes men (not women, for reasons having to do more with biology than sexism, in analogy to the military), who are willing to dedicate themselves to this project for a few years, just like those men who dedicated themselves to the original Manhattan Project (that built the atom bomb). No family distractions during work, and a one-minded focus. Can I advertise for this project here? Where?

  2. #2
    Senior Member mr_e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Eastern USA
    Posts
    7,368
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    68
    Hello! Welcome to the forums! We're glad you're here.
    FEMINISM is a HATE GROUP - Feminists are HATEFUL PEOPLE
    It's time to call it out for what it is.



    The World of Men - Men's Rights / MGTOW / Sites of Interest to Men

    http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...nterest-to-Men

  3. #3
    well, ive considered what you bring up many times. but not sure its doable.

    especially in places like canada/usa whom are now passing laws to stop people going off grid. and who charge/bill/tax their populace so much its becoming ridiculous. and where you need a business license to do anything in.

    ether way welcome to the boards.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Manalysis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    4,400
    Rep Power
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by distributist View Post
    Hi, thanks for providing this forum for men. I had my red pill moment after my first divorce, when I realized that the courts favored mothers and later when I tried to gain custody of my 17 year old son (who had been abused by his mom) and it backfired into attempting to make me a debt slave. I also realized that most of my feminist friends were brainwashed, and that it was partially a class issue, that people from the salaried class had a blind spot to the experiences of most working class men. I was a salaried professional (scientist/engineer) until 12 years ago, when I quit the mainstream world. At first I had savings, but then I had to work for an hourly wage or start businesses, or sometimes collect charity. And then recently I saw The Red Pill movie, which vindicated what I had been thinking, but not getting much discussion on. While I think that venting and empathy and raising consciousness are all important, I would like to move beyond them into actually fixing problems. And I am not so keen on legislature, what with the best intentions leading to hell once governments or any other large scale burocracies (even corporations) are involved.

    Anyway, I have been wondering for a while if one answer to alot of the issues working class men and divorced dads (and actually lots of other people too) are facing could be fixed by starting over with a new way to produce stuff, use and distribute it. On a much more local, and hence human scale, subject to more immediate feedbacks/checks/balances than on a global scale. Some of the technology to do this already exists, it has existed before the industrial revolution. Perhaps we could network all these farmers and craftspeople and healers and artists on a local village scale and get out of the global economy, or at least not be forced to participate in it while still having a decent life. The economic part of the idea was thought about a while ago by Chesterton and others, and called distributism. But there has not been much work on the technological part. I call that project The Luddite Manhattan Project, in analogy to the project that created the bomb: there is a tangible output (the working local technology ecosystem), a finite timeframe, lots of up-front funding needed, and a dedicated team of men to do it. Yes men (not women, for reasons having to do more with biology than sexism, in analogy to the military), who are willing to dedicate themselves to this project for a few years, just like those men who dedicated themselves to the original Manhattan Project (that built the atom bomb). No family distractions during work, and a one-minded focus. Can I advertise for this project here? Where?
    Hi, welcome, a very interesting angle. MRA Tech. All for it.
    I don't speak for the forum, but I guess yes, you can at least post a description of the project here, I would think; I can't see why not.
    I would suggest you go to the Lounge section, which isn't dedicated to any special topic.

    Would your project also include a kind of blockchain administration? Would you work on 3D printing and semi-futuristic technology like robots, AI ...?

    M

  5. #5
    Thanks for the warm welcome, gentlemen.

    Narrator, there are still a few states in the US where there are no building codes, no need for a business license, and taxes are manageable. I'm in one of them. The biggest problem is local markets are not big enough for anyone but a few who have already established themselves (after generations), but even those are struggling to make a living. Even the amish around here have been lured by the global economy and their culture is suffering as a result. We either need tariffs, or enough people who are willing to make a commitment to buying from their neighbors even if it's cheaper at Walmart or over the internet. Somehow the benefits of a local economy need to outweigh the costs (or benefits of the global economy). I think they can, but we won't know for sure till the local economy is functional, so in the mean time people need to have faith.

    Manalysis, I am not very familiar with Blockchain technology, so let me study it before getting back to you on that. I doubt that the project would include what you call "futuristic" technology, though it is possible. The reason I doubt it is because such technology tends to be dependent on fossil fuels (which are dwindling) and also because it needs global resources, which leads to some of the costs of globalization, including externalization (which is great in the moment for the externalizer, but not for others who suffer the consequences, or even the externalizer in the future, at least on a finite planet), dehumanization, and destruction of close-knit community. All that being said, I was hoping the project would start with a massive online collaborative game that would allow different scenarios to be tested, including the "futuristic" technology you describe.. I will attempt to move this discussion to the lounge.

  6. #6
    But before I move it to the lounge, a concern: it seems like you don't have to be an approved member to look at these posts. I wish to remain anonymous to people who are not approved members of this group. If I provide certain links, others will be able to identify me. How do I avoid that?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by distributist View Post
    How do I avoid that?
    Mate, dont post them.

    welcome, btw
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

    And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee. - Donne

    "What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
    "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

    "What remains for most men in modern life is a world of expectation without reward, burden without honor and service without self" - Paul Elam

  8. #8
    Senior Member Manalysis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    4,400
    Rep Power
    76
    Hi,

    I guess this is wading into the discussion already ... too soon ...

    Quote Originally Posted by distributist View Post
    Manalysis, I am not very familiar with Blockchain technology, so let me study it before getting back to you on that.
    I don't know anything abouthow it works, either, but from what I've seen of discussions, it seems to hold the promise of coordination without centralization.
    Which seems like a gigantic step forward compared to most other forms of "governance".

    I doubt that the project would include what you call "futuristic" technology, though it is possible.
    I guess the question is meaningless, as it would be specific to any particular gizmo.
    From the basic assumption that one cannot resist the forces of history, so to speak ...
    I'm just assuming that you are not advocating a true luddite project, deciding a random "technology benchmark year", like, say, 1827, and not wanting to use anything made accessible later. Like electricity.

    The reason I doubt it is because such technology tends to be dependent on fossil fuels (which are dwindling) and also because it needs global resources
    Yes and no ... not knowing anyting about this either (not a technical person), I assume that e.g. 3D printers use some kind of complex carbon ... polymer ... ? which we atm produce from petroleum.
    But afaik one can produce this from any carbon rich material, which would include e.g. bio-garbage, so that you could run it on your own trash, perhaps, which would bring all kinds of benefits.
    But I'm flailing in the dark here, on the odd chance that your circle includes some in-the-know engineers or similar.

    All that being said, I was hoping the project would start with a massive online collaborative game that would allow different scenarios to be tested, including the "futuristic" technology you describe.
    Sim City for realz !

    I will attempt to move this discussion to the lounge.
    Yeah, sorry again.

    M

  9. #9
    Senior Member Manalysis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    4,400
    Rep Power
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by distributist View Post
    But before I move it to the lounge, a concern: it seems like you don't have to be an approved member to look at these posts. I wish to remain anonymous to people who are not approved members of this group. If I provide certain links, others will be able to identify me. How do I avoid that?
    I suggest reposting this question in the "Problems ..." section, which has the attention of mods, who probably will give you the best answers.

    M

  10. #10
    Senior Member mr_e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Eastern USA
    Posts
    7,368
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by distributist View Post
    Anyway, I have been wondering for a while if one answer to alot of the issues working class men and divorced dads (and actually lots of other people too) are facing could be fixed by starting over with a new way to produce stuff, use and distribute it. On a much more local, and hence human scale, subject to more immediate feedbacks/checks/balances than on a global scale. Some of the technology to do this already exists, it has existed before the industrial revolution. Perhaps we could network all these farmers and craftspeople and healers and artists on a local village scale and get out of the global economy, or at least not be forced to participate in it while still having a decent life. The economic part of the idea was thought about a while ago by Chesterton and others, and called distributism. But there has not been much work on the technological part. I call that project The Luddite Manhattan Project, in analogy to the project that created the bomb: there is a tangible output (the working local technology ecosystem), a finite timeframe, lots of up-front funding needed, and a dedicated team of men to do it. Yes men (not women, for reasons having to do more with biology than sexism, in analogy to the military), who are willing to dedicate themselves to this project for a few years, just like those men who dedicated themselves to the original Manhattan Project (that built the atom bomb). No family distractions during work, and a one-minded focus. Can I advertise for this project here? Where?

    We have had similar discussions here before. I am very definitely a proponent of capitalism applied *small* / locally / regionally-at-worst. I am very definitely opposed to "big business" and large multi-regional / national / international corporations in most instances. I think this is definitely a large part of the problem in our society which takes away individual incentive to stand up, become a part of the community and contribute. I think the move away from local / small-regional business was/has been a bad thing for people.
    FEMINISM is a HATE GROUP - Feminists are HATEFUL PEOPLE
    It's time to call it out for what it is.



    The World of Men - Men's Rights / MGTOW / Sites of Interest to Men

    http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...nterest-to-Men

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •