Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: rising wealth inequality

rising wealth inequality

"Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee. - Donne

"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
    "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

"What remains for most men in modern life is a world of expectation without reward, burden without honor and service without self" - Paul Elam

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    "The individual’s liberty is nonexistent if he does not own his labor." ...?
    Sounds suspicious.

Nice quote page, though.

M
    Last edited by Manalysis; 05-20-2017 at 03:05 PM.

does the serf become a capitalist pig if he uses the money to finance a business that profits from other serfs

and if he hires serfs is he not then a slavemaster

maybe whats fair is nobody does nothing and we all starve equally
    A man can gain no more respect than by, laying down his life for a woman. And a woman, no more than by, beating down a man. For a man to ask, what is fair and good and true and just, is to offend.

Quote Originally Posted by menrppl2 View Post
    does the serf become a capitalist pig if he uses the money to finance a business that profits from other serfs

and if he hires serfs is he not then a slavemaster

maybe whats fair is nobody does nothing and we all starve equally
    Exactly.
    Exploitation and oppression on the one hand, starvation and misery on the other hand, those are the only choices we have.
    No other alternatives are possible, even thinkable. No sir.

M

how long can the great reflation continue?

"Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee. - Donne

"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
    "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

"What remains for most men in modern life is a world of expectation without reward, burden without honor and service without self" - Paul Elam

The United States of America: 7th highest GDP per million, high GDP world wide

ALSO: One of the highest wealth inequality in the world (26th highest)

The connection is obvious.
    OH? You would like to Flame ME? ... ok, come now, don't be shy.... Step into the light....

Quote Originally Posted by natedogbfd View Post
    The United States of America: 7th highest GDP per million, high GDP world wide

ALSO: One of the highest wealth inequality in the world (26th highest)

The connection is obvious.
    Leftist scum.

M

Oh for fuck sake. I started out as dirt poor as the next guy. I was "exploited" for labor my entire life, aside from owning three businesses which I owned and operated myself while working full time. Once I understood wealth creation I expanded and made many investments across a spectrum using grandpas axioms, and it worked...including increasing my value. Not with millions or even thousands, my biggest return was on an off the cuff hunch with a couple hundred dollars and time. Most importantly I had the opportunity to create some wealth and keep it, unlike the covetous alternative.

This society has created the foundation for exceptional wealth opportunities, won and lost, and on occasion won again. Wealth is not a zero-sum game where one hoards all the gold ingots in their cellar. The notion that 1% owns xx of the wealth is a side show to the real economy. They can loose that on a dime, or death. This discussion is more about power and Politics than the freedom to create or gain wealth.
    ethikē aretē--phronesis--eudaimonia
    virtue of character--practical/ethical wisdom--human flourishing

It is not a battle to win but an attitude to share.
    AVFM Mission Statement

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    Oh for fuck sake. I started out as dirt poor as the next guy. I was "exploited" for labor my entire life, aside from owning three businesses which I owned and operated myself while working full time. Once I understood wealth creation I expanded and made many investments across a spectrum using grandpas axioms, and it worked...including increasing my value. Not with millions or even thousands, my biggest return was on an off the cuff hunch with a couple hundred dollars and time. Most importantly I had the opportunity to create some wealth and keep it, unlike the covetous alternative.

This society has created the foundation for exceptional wealth opportunities, won and lost, and on occasion won again. Wealth is not a zero-sum game where one hoards all the gold ingots in their cellar. The notion that 1% owns xx of the wealth is a side show to the real economy. They can loose that on a dime, or death. This discussion is more about power and Politics than the freedom to create or gain wealth.
    one big problem with it is that latins and caucasians do NOT teach their offsprings how to make money and conserve it

they just send them out into the world unprepared and living beyond their means.

blahhh..so immigrants come here and thrive better than they do..and take over the $ $$$
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

this really worries me.
    will i make enough wealth to leave before its too late? the canadian dollar is plummeting
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.