Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Xena the warrior princess - who remembers this show?

  1. #1

    Xena the warrior princess - who remembers this show?

    i was thinking about things.

    and.. looking back. i dont think there ever has been or ever will be a show or movie that was this misandrist. this sexist against men and this feministic

    who of you watched it back in the day and havnt thought of it? brainwashing at its finest.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    549
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    16
    I watched it. I also remember that before the show she was a character on the show Hercules and it was Hercules who set her on the path to becoming who she was in the show.

    ETA: That is to say, no matter how "awesome" Xena was, she owed it all to a man.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesNunya View Post
    I watched it. I also remember that before the show she was a character on the show Hercules and it was Hercules who set her on the path to becoming who she was in the show.

    ETA: That is to say, no matter how "awesome" Xena was, she owed it all to a man.
    lol yeah but the entire xena show is as feminist as they go.

    the innitial point never occured in the xena show i think it was in herc.

    i liked herc when i was a kid but i watched both.. what a terrible show.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

  4. #4
    Eh, didn't notice. I did enjoy how deep they went into exploring various mythologies though, but frankly, I though the lesbian angle was played up into a caricature.

    What did upset me was how Hercules went down hill so rapidly over time...and then how Kevin Sorbo went on to ruin Andromeda.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Mifune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Mid Atlantic
    Posts
    2,125
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    59
    I don't remember the misandry. I do remember it got oddly homo-erotic as the show went on.

    I do remember that Bruce Campbell would star on Xena or Hercules from time to time. Always stole the show when he did.
    "...but when she goes off you, she will not just walk away, she will walk away with your fucking skin in a jar." ~~ DoctorRandomercam
    "The laws of man, they don't apply when blood gets in a woman's eye" - The Black Keys

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifune View Post
    I do remember that Bruce Campbell would star on Xena or Hercules from time to time. Always stole the show when he did.

    that he did.

    but yeah. seriously. i just went through re-watching the ENTIRE series.. the girlfriend wanted to.

    even she hated it this time around its so misandrist..

    not talking about lesbianism
    talking about EVERYMAN is used by xena. she uses them and never cares about them.
    everman is a bumbling retard.
    etc etc etc

    its ridiculous that we grew up with this brainwashing and never realized.

    its disgusting.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Anonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,443
    Blog Entries
    12
    Rep Power
    35
    Both this shows were trash, just like Andromeda, just like Buffy and the rest of this bunch, the acting was subpar, stories were generic, i only watched that stuff because that was before internet and i was bored to death.
    I sexually identify as a sword pommel, check your privilege or i will have to end you RIGHTLY.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Both this shows were trash, just like Andromeda, just like Buffy and the rest of this bunch, the acting was subpar, stories were generic, i only watched that stuff because that was before internet and i was bored to death.
    agreed

    but have you actually analized xena? after rewatching it i cannot get over the brainwashing thats found in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Anonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,443
    Blog Entries
    12
    Rep Power
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    agreed

    but have you actually analized xena? after rewatching it i cannot get over the brainwashing thats found in it.
    I was far more worried by the brainwashing in Star Trek, i grew up with that show, drunk it like mother´s milk, for a time i was a biggest Trekkie (well ok that´s exaggeration i never went so far to buy uniforms and stuff), even got my brother into it (sadly, since recently i heard him basically say that curbing civil liberties is ok in pursuit of utopia) only to later reflect on it and notice all the socialist propaganda finely woven into the very fabric of the show. They are far more subtle about it though, not as in your face as Xena, they distract you with flashy explosions and technobabble all the the while slowly brainwashing you, very sinister.
    I sexually identify as a sword pommel, check your privilege or i will have to end you RIGHTLY.

  10. #10
    Senior Member mr_e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Eastern USA
    Posts
    7,514
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    i was thinking about things.

    and.. looking back. i dont think there ever has been or ever will be a show or movie that was this misandrist. this sexist against men and this feministic

    who of you watched it back in the day and havnt thought of it? brainwashing at its finest.

    I never bothered to watch it. It was just too far over the top for me.
    FEMINISM is a HATE GROUP - Feminists are HATEFUL PEOPLE
    It's time to call it out for what it is.



    The World of Men - Men's Rights / MGTOW / Sites of Interest to Men

    http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...nterest-to-Men

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •