Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: With a tip of the hat to Plummer

With a tip of the hat to Plummer

Hi,

a very cultured protest by the local police force against the incessant, costly and futile "administrative reforms" initiated every 8 months, it seems, for decades,
    which always end up with more centralization, fewer stations, fewer cops in the street, fewer cops getting to do the job they signed on to do.

Should be about 90 % understandable by language, even more by sentiment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-vdAG_3xAQ

M

Blog Entries
    I think the best way to fix the policing problem is to end the drug war, civil asset forfeitures, and all links between revenue generating efforts like speeding tickets etc...

How much happier would most cops be if they were allowed to actually work on solving real crimes?
    I used to think collapse was inevitable. Now I realize it is necessary.

It was only a matter of time before the bicycles realized that they in fact did not need the fish.

Quote Originally Posted by pbisque View Post
    I think the best way to fix the policing problem is to end the drug war, civil asset forfeitures, and all links between revenue generating efforts like speeding tickets etc...

How much happier would most cops be if they were allowed to actually work on solving real crimes?
    100% this.

cops are not even allowed to spend time trying to solve crimes!!!! THIS IS A FACT in canada!!! they are made to go out and give tickets.... WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO WYATT EARP's ORGANIZATION!!!???!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Blog Entries
    and all links between revenue generating efforts like speeding tickets etc...
    Yeah, I think I can agree to this. I once got a speeding ticket for going 3 mph over the speed limit. At $5 per mph it should have been a $15 ticket. But the officer marked it "must appear in court/not pre-payable". Locally, (I don't know if other states or counties do this) this is meant so you can come in, plead guilty, and pay your fine so that they can keep the courts from being so backed up with petty crimes. But because he checked that little box I didn't have that option available to me so I had to come to court, which meant I had to pay the court fees, a sum of $212. So my $15 dollar fine for going 3mph over the speed limit cost me $227. (This is also an example of how every cop I've ever met has been, at minimum, a douchebag).

Quote Originally Posted by Manalysis View Post
    Hi,

a very cultured protest by the local police force against the incessant, costly and futile "administrative reforms" initiated every 8 months, it seems, for decades,
    which always end up with more centralization, fewer stations, fewer cops in the street, fewer cops getting to do the job they signed on to do.

Should be about 90 % understandable by language, even more by sentiment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-vdAG_3xAQ

M
    My opinion here but I think the focus is on the wrong thing. Too often it is troubled neighborhoods who complain about cops. Understandable, but the real problem is the criminal element who these cops have to deal with and the increased vigilance they need to have to deal with it. Two nights ago I had the cops at my house, I took in a woman who was screaming in the streets. I had my gun out and insured whoever was accosting her did not follow her into my home to harm my family. When the cops came in I pointed out my weapon laying on the table next to the front door, the cop did not even flinch. He simply said thank you for pointing it out and asked me to step away for both our safety.

IMO, police corruption aside, this is the horse vs the cart argument. I'm reminded that in London, people were throwing chairs at attackers while the cops who initially responded ran away because they did not have the tools to defend themselves or their charges.

Norway is a much different place than in the US so you cannot apply the same rationale to our situation you would to your own. But if England is any indicator I think it is time to give all cops and citizens the tools they need to defend themselves. or, stop third world migrants from coming there.
    ethikē aretē--phronesis--eudaimonia
    virtue of character--practical/ethical wisdom--human flourishing

It is not a battle to win but an attitude to share.
    AVFM Mission Statement

Hi,

I'm not sure I'm getting this ...

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    My opinion here but I think the focus is on the wrong thing.
    If you mean the video, they are complaining about what bothers them. I'm not going to argue with them

Too often it is troubled neighborhoods who complain about cops. /..../ IMO, police corruption aside ...
    People here are generally quite happy with the police force, except that they do not have time to solve enough crimes. And there is little corruption.

this is the horse vs the cart argument.
    "This"? Is what I'm not getting. You mean what they complain about?

I'm reminded that in London, people were throwing chairs at attackers while the cops who initially responded ran away because they did not have the tools to defend themselves or their charges.
    Another issue, but yes, conditions here are very different. I think it's 13 years since the police had a gun fight that resulted in a death.
    There is very little armed crime, despite the very high level of gun ownership; that helps.

Norway is a much different place than in the US so you cannot apply the same rationale to our situation you would to your own.
    It's not that different, I thought, that one might not recognize the frustration that the guys who actually have to do the job feel towards the middle management, who just want to implement clever bookish schemes.

But if England is any indicator I think it is time to give all cops and citizens the tools they need to defend themselves.
    The first people to arm themselves would be the terrorists.

or, stop third world migrants from coming there.
    Remember, Europeans being killed by third world terrorists is a relatively new trend.
    Before 2004, the major loss of life was to domestic - usually separatist - terrorism: RAF, IRA, PIRA, INLA, ETA, Red Brigades - 1st world people killing 1st world people.

M

Hi,

If you mean the video, they are complaining about what bothers them. I'm not going to argue with them

People here are generally quite happy with the police force, except that they do not have time to solve enough crimes. And there is little corruption.

"This"? Is what I'm not getting. You mean what they complain about?

Another issue, but yes, conditions here are very different. I think it's 13 years since the police had a gun fight that resulted in a death.
    There is very little armed crime, despite the very high level of gun ownership; that helps.

It's not that different, I thought, that one might not recognize the frustration that the guys who actually have to do the job feel towards the middle management, who just want to implement clever bookish schemes.

The first people to arm themselves would be the terrorists.

Remember, Europeans being killed by third world terrorists is a relatively new trend.
    Before 2004, the major loss of life was to domestic - usually separatist - terrorism: RAF, IRA, PIRA, INLA, ETA, Red Brigades - 1st world people killing 1st world people.

M
    For fuck sake. You are in·cor·ri·gi·ble!

AVFM Mission Statement

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    For fuck sake. You are in·cor·ri·gi·ble!
    Now what? Is it the statistics? They are a matter of record, it's not me inventing anything.
    Or is it something else?

M
    Last edited by Manalysis; 06-05-2017 at 01:21 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbisque View Post

I agree with this 100%. Absolutely.
    FEMINISM is a HATE GROUP - Feminists are HATEFUL PEOPLE
    It's time to call it out for what it is.

The World of Men - Men's Rights / MGTOW / Sites of Interest to Men

http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...nterest-to-Men

Now what? Is it the statistics? They are a matter of record, it's not me inventing anything.
    Or is it something else?

M
    I gave my observation from my perspective in the US and said as much. This sums it up:

AVFM Mission Statement