Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Men Die

Why Men Die

Hi,

fist of all, thx to simpleman for finding that treasure trove of articles.

Here's an article on why men die earlier, except that it it, of course, not about gender, but about caucasian/afro-amrican differences wrt. to treatment in society.
    Change black/white to man/woman etc. whereever they occur ....

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/08/u...ur-health.html

M

Seriously discrimination causes breast cancer (in black women) ?

Who knew heh?

reminds me of the old joke...

Why do married men die young?

...its because they want to.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee. - Donne

"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
    "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

"What remains for most men in modern life is a world of expectation without reward, burden without honor and service without self" - Paul Elam

I commented on a cancer thread that all people I knew who had cancer were nasty, ornery individuals, until they faced death.

Seems to be a similar viewpoint... Though that may just be my opinion.

Dr. Still, founder of osteopathic medicine had a similar belief, though I have been unable to find a copy of his big book and thus am going by memory for something I read in that book years ago. He said your emotions affect the organs which can affect your health.

Quote Originally Posted by polite_disagreement View Post
    I commented on a cancer thread that all people I knew who had cancer were nasty, ornery individuals, until they faced death.
    Well, its only anecdotal but my step-father who died fairly recently (of cancer), was a thoroughly good person.

he was just an aberration I suppose?

or perhaps, deep in his heart (where only you can see) he was evil?

I have an alternate theory.
    People who stack opinions rather than facts, are very very stupid
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee. - Donne

"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
    "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

"What remains for most men in modern life is a world of expectation without reward, burden without honor and service without self" - Paul Elam

Fuck cancer. If diagnosed, I'll go out on my own motherfucking terms, and I may just make a social statement while doing so.

Last edited by oldblueeyes; 06-13-2017 at 01:32 AM.
    Men stay single and your pockets will jingle!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblueeyes View Post
    Fuck cancer. If diagnosed, I'll go out on my own motherfucking terms, and I may just make a social statement while doing so.

It's not as easy when it's your 7-year old son that's diagnosed.
    FEMINISM is a HATE GROUP - Feminists are HATEFUL PEOPLE
    It's time to call it out for what it is.

The World of Men - Men's Rights / MGTOW / Sites of Interest to Men

http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...nterest-to-Men

Quote Originally Posted by mr_e View Post
    It's not as easy when it's your 7-year old son that's diagnosed.
    Yep, that's got to be one of every parent's greatest fears.
    Men stay single and your pockets will jingle!

I said very clearly on that thread that I said what I did, based solely on all the people I have ever known who had cancer. Others made it clear that was not their experience. That is what forums are for, for people to share different opinions and experiences.

My brother who has cancer is a world class a'hole. Some years ago, before we retired (we worked at the same company) we were talking on a Friday afternoon to a mutual friend, a fairly young widow.

She commented about how young her husband was when he died. My a'hole brother told her, "He died because that was the only way out. No matter what he did, you were on his ass, morning, noon, and night. No matter what he did you were never happy with it. He died because he wanted to die."

I thought. "Wow, even for an a'hole like him, that is hitting her awfully hard."

Monday morning, she told us, "What you told me was very upsetting. I cried and cried all weekend. Finally, I realized you were correct. I never gave him a kind word no matter what he did. If he was out shoveling the snow so I could go to work, I complained how long it took him." And, so forth.

I worked with another woman who figured it out while he was still alive. One day she told me, "I have been married a long time. Last year, I realized I was criticizing and finding fault with him no matter what he did. If he did something I asked, I was complaining about the next thing on my list. No matter what he did, I was angry. Now, that I realized all he ever wanted was to make me happy. I hope I can make it up to him before he dies."

And, in her biography, Maria von Trapp wrote pretty much the same thing. After the Captain died, in the USA, she went through some real hard times, realizing she had done the same thing. Pissed off all the time, no matter how hard he tried to please her. But, she didn't figure it out while he was still alive.

Quote Originally Posted by polite_disagreement View Post
    I said very clearly on that thread that I said what I did, based solely on all the people I have ever known ....
    Thats right numbnuts...that is what a forum is for.

viciousness disguised as polite disagreeableness is like that pretty purple spot on the end of yr nose ... yet to metastasize

but, I hope you live for ever :-)

Let me see, I am vicious. But, when you call me numbnuts, you are , what?

If you actually read that thread on cancer, I admitted my view was wrong because it was based solely on my own experiences, which do not reflect the world.. So, why do you keep hammering on me for it? I think the word is vicious, no?

However, even though I agreed my view was false based only on my own experiences, and the others corrected me, let me point out I still do not know any of the good people you guys know who got cancer. My brother is one of the orneriest people I know. And, I still do not know any kids who got cancer. I did accept the knowledge of others. Once I thought it through, I realized and said so that my own experiences were not representative of the world. So, please carry on with the nasty if it makes you feel better about yourself.

Admitting I was wrong should be sufficient, and I did, clearly. If that isn't enough, then I will be impolite by saying GFY.