Thread: How to deal with mansplaining and other annoying co-workers

How to deal with mansplaining and other annoying co-workers

Who want to be a mature and adult that is well adapted to society... when you can be a feminist instead?

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/29/how-t...o-workers.html

If you have ever felt like a male boss or co-worker was explaining your own ideas to you, or if you're the one doing the explaining, you may have experienced "mansplaining."
    Oh the arrogance... your boss is explaining something to you? it is call training, not mansplaining... but yeah ignore what the idiot says and do whatever you want.... then come latter and complain that you are not making as much money as the employees that respect their bosses...

The term has made it to Merriam-Webster's "Words we're watching," which defines it as "when a man talks condescendingly to someone (especially a woman) about something he has incomplete knowledge of," while mistakenly assuming he has superior knowledge.
    Merriam Webster's will be forever forgotten, if they keep insulting the language they suppose to preserve.

And even the best colleagues can get on your nerves.
    Do not apply for a job that requires teamwork...

When they do, leadership expert Tiffany Dufu has a strategy to diffuse the situation: humor.
    Also do not apply for a job that requires professional behaviour.

Speaking at Cosmopolitan's Let's Talk About It event in New York recently, Dufu explained her three-step mainsplainer deflection process.

"I have a little humor formula," she says. "It's basically a phrase, two questions, and then I laugh."

When an awkward situation with a coworker arises, Dufu always says the same thing: "You are hilarious." That way, the person is not immediately put on the defensive.
    So basically go around patronizing everybody at the work place, including the boss... great advice from Tiffany... she must have a lot of experience dealing in business environments... Lucky me she actually have a page in LinkedIn so I can admire her experience and knowledge on the topic:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/tiffanydufu/

"Catalyst for Women & Girls; Author of DROP THE BALL"

No impress by that at all...

After the set up, Dufu calls out the problem, then laughs to keep the tone light.
    I am sure everybody hates her and thinks she is an ugly witch...

For example, Dufu recently had a situation with her literary agent when discussing the paperback copy of her book, "Drop The Ball." The agent, a man, was suggesting Dufu select a certain picture of herself to put on the cover because her smile "would resonate with women."
    Oh no... the publicist made a suggestion... and he is a man... lest patronize him, laugh at his face and dismiss it... I am sure that is how a man suggesting ideas should be handed.... let's see:

Dufu, who is female and Chief Leadership Officer to Levo, a professional networking company for young women, has had an impressive career focused on working with women and girls. So she was irked.
    Still no impressed by her empowering club...

To handle it, she used her trick.

"You are so hilarious," Dufu recalls saying. And then, "Who is the literary agent, and who is the expert on what resonates with women [here]?" pointing out the irony of his suggestion given their genders and her expertise.

Then she wrapped up with a laugh.
    Great stuff... so... who is going to be the publicist of your next book? you can't seriously think it is going to be this same one?

Humor is a good tool — when people make complaints while using humor, the information is more likely to be remembered, shared and acknowledged, according to a 2015 study by the University of Colorado Boulder.

The study also found that, "humorous complainers are better liked than non-humorous complainers," meaning Dufu's method could be a way to make a point without damaging a professional relationship.
    I, personally, don't have patience for stuff like this... it is a dealbreaker for me, I have let go well paid gigs for this kind of things.

I can't imagine how bad something like this sits with a publicist, specially if he is in any capacity invested in the project, now he does not have control of his investment and stuff is going to a failing path...

https://www.amazon.com/Drop-Ball-Ach...dp/1250071739/

Being 6 months on the market got just 44 reviews so far, and they are questionable... and there is people already selling it new from $7.67 Hardcover, while the publicist is trying to sell the paperback at $13.35

I'd say it looks like a failure...

And research suggests that a sense of humor can pay off in other ways professionally.

"If individuals tell appropriate jokes that make others laugh, they are likely to signal both confidence and competence and increase their status," according to a study by Harvard Business School. The research found that effective joke tellers even have better chances at being chosen as leaders.
    At some point you have to perform and deliver what is expected from you...

Currently there is a wide gender gap in leadership roles in corporate America – for example, only 27 of the 500 companies in the S&P 500 index have women as CEOs.
    They did not get there by joking around...

Humor — "It works every time," Dufu says.
    Oh yeah? so why don't Dufu joke her way to CEO of a Fortune 500? I am sure she can patronize people all her way to the top... right?

Blog Entries
    Makes you wonder just *HOW* men were able to build the *ENTIRE FUCKING WORLD* without women... !?!?
    FEMINISM is a HATE GROUP - Feminists are HATEFUL PEOPLE
    It's time to call it out for what it is.

The World of Men - Men's Rights / MGTOW / Sites of Interest to Men

http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...nterest-to-Men

Quote Originally Posted by simpleman View Post
    Who want to be a mature and adult that is well adapted to society...
    Oh, come on - now you're making completely unrealistic demands.

mansplaining...
    ... is such an interesting concept.
    I've known few females who were not condescending know-it-alls, they simply refuse to believe that they can ever be wrong.
    Now, when they notice that men talk, too, they've come up with a label for men talking like females .

Do not apply for a job that requires teamwork...
    Also do not apply for a job that requires professional behaviour.
    I think you are being unfair - this is progress, real, tangible progress:
    Instead of urging females to be offended and slap men with a harassment suit, she urges them to try something completely new:
    Try to not let your being offended prevent you from behaving professionally.
    Give them a rebuke, but let them live, and even keep their job.
    And even make the rebuke in a mildly humorous way, so they won't hate your guts, but keep on supporting you through their work.
    By golly, if more females took this advice, the world would be a better place to live.
    Imagine the tone in offices worldwide if it changed to this.

M

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Manalysis View Post
    Oh, come on - now you're making completely unrealistic demands.

... is such an interesting concept.
    I've known few females who were not condescending know-it-alls, they simply refuse to believe that they can ever be wrong.
    Now, when they notice that men talk, too, they've come up with a label for men talking like females .

I think you are being unfair - this is progress, real, tangible progress:
    Instead of urging females to be offended and slap men with a harassment suit, she urges them to try something completely new:
    Try to not let your being offended prevent you from behaving professionally.
    Give them a rebuke, but let them live, and even keep their job.
    And even make the rebuke in a mildly humorous way, so they won't hate your guts, but keep on supporting you through their work.
    By golly, if more females took this advice, the world would be a better place to live.
    Imagine the tone in offices worldwide if it changed to this.

M

Yeah, imagine the choir of angels singing overhead and the white doves flying about and all-- just as you drive *SPLAT* into that wall.

Drinking and driving don't mix.
    FEMINISM is a HATE GROUP - Feminists are HATEFUL PEOPLE
    It's time to call it out for what it is.

The World of Men - Men's Rights / MGTOW / Sites of Interest to Men

http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...nterest-to-Men

Had an awesome experience the other day.

A particular shopping mall has just developed a new all female management team.
    Yep...both of them are managers ... go figure.

Anyway, the whole place has a slew of complaints about indoor conditions. Some are down to the automation system, some are mechanical failures, some are due to plain ol' stupidity

Now one of these women is normal and reasonable, the other however, is a stuck-up pretty little blond thingy with pneumatic tits and a vicious attitude.

They're in the office while I'm programming shit and fixing network failures stuff ... they're enumerating problems and their chief metric for urgency is the number of complaints from tenants.
    Ms prissy is demanding results and broadly and pointedly and proudly slagging off at us stupid incompetent men.
    You know, the men with the answers
    The only possible vector the dumb shit has to getting anything at all resolved.
    She was literally demanding both results and answers...hands on hips.

So the my mechanically inclined workmate said' something like "ok, ease up, let me explain whats going on..."

That was it. Her volume went to 11, the smarmy-ness was off the scale ..."Can I talk???', she interrupted repeatedly.

So she was both demanding answers...and...complaining the moment she got any.
    All time getting increasingly pissy at all the man-splaining.

What a fucking loon.

I piped up, "listen this talking thing...can we like um, take it in turns?"
    She goes 'yes, and rattled off another verse of bullshit"
    "ok", I said, "There's lots of problems and its really frustrating yeah?"
    She sings the chorus of what a stupid incompetent bunch we are.
    When she's done I simply said, "best let us get to work on fixing stuff then, heh?"

Silence.

Im sure she gets results ... that's why she's the manager right?
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee. - Donne

"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
    "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

"What remains for most men in modern life is a world of expectation without reward, burden without honor and service without self" - Paul Elam