Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: the wild within

this threads definitely gone down the drain

at least an ozzie didnt post a pic of the big red rock.....good sailing vid tho.....winner is the one who makes it around the course

I was in an airport that showed what each country was famous for.......apparently Canada has the niceset public washrooms!

good sanitation is next to godliness
    Last edited by menrppl2; 07-17-2017 at 02:11 AM.
    A man can gain no more respect than by, laying down his life for a woman. And a woman, no more than by, beating down a man. For a man to ask, what is fair and good and true and just, is to offend.

Quote Originally Posted by menrppl2 View Post
    this threads definitely gone down the drain
    LOL...sorry if I caused that

at least an ozzie didnt post a pic of the big red rock.
    for years I used to say something along the lines of "why the fuck would I wanna visit a big red rock in the middle of fucking nowhere?"

Then a while ago I did... it was kinda mind-blowing.

not the rock ...just everything else.

Anyways, Im sure the Rockies are the same.

Please...post more Boy Stuff.

Dungeons (drains) to mountain-tops...if it has with wheels, tits or wings.
    If it's edible, hunt-able, fish-able or cook-able.
    If ride-able, climbable or jump-out-able.
    Readable, sing-able, playable or has metre, timbre, or tonality.
    Can it be programmed, constructed or destroyed?
    all good
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee. - Donne

"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
    "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

"What remains for most men in modern life is a world of expectation without reward, burden without honor and service without self" - Paul Elam

A man can gain no more respect than by, laying down his life for a woman. And a woman, no more than by, beating down a man. For a man to ask, what is fair and good and true and just, is to offend.

Blog Entries
    A while ago I was researching an abandoned library on the other side of my town. It was once a beautiful building, that acquired an interesting history on its way to being abandoned and dilapidated, that story I'll post some other time. But when researching it, the only people who posted pictures of it's current state were urban explorers. I've not done this myself, well apart from as a typical kid's activity of going where you not supposed to it. But these guys are interesting, they explore and post all sorts of fascinating explorations, aiming to take pictures of the beauty in the decay of the amazing architecture and buildings of the past. When I have time to look through these images it conjures up images of what men have done, their craftwork, engineering, architecture, skill, muscle power, guts, determination, pain and sacrifice to have created from stone, brick, cement, iron and steel such gargantuan creations.

Ridge Quarry (Central Ammunitions Depot), Wiltshire:

https://www.theurbanexplorer.co.uk/r...pot-wiltshire/

I like the image with the writing on the wall "They come and they go." What a timeless sentiment left by someone long forgotten.
    Last edited by voidspawn; 07-17-2017 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Unlinking the image, the website are hotlink fanatics. They have some great pictures, but are overprotective idiots.
    "...especially when it comes to communication, it can be observed, if it is not a negotiation it's a war."
    Can't live with em, life is great without them.

Canada has some rugged beautiful country, but then again so does everywhere else.

Everything looks nicer from a plane :-P

Down on the ground there's usually a laundry list of bureacracy, but that's also de-facto standard everywhere.

Freedom is a precious commodity, having enough solitude is one of the easist ways to achieve it.

Solitude has an evil twin called loneliness, they look almost the same.

In my experience every man has a "solitude point" and a "loneliness point."

It's like a meter based on the frequency, amount and quality of social interaction, for example if you have mostly positive social interactions, they feel good, so you tend to be more of a "people person."

Whereas when most of the social interactions are bill collectors or demanding tenants, you tend to want to be left alone more.

"Solitude point" is having enough space to really enjoy and appreciate the beauty of life, with the option of positive social interactions.

"Loneliness point" is more of when your "me-time" becomes a refuge from negative social interactions.

Having more positive social interactions, in my experience, is not about being more of a kiss-ass or having more social graces.

Just the opposite actually.

It's about seeing contention as a normal aspect of social interaction.

In other words rather than backing down or making nice, you get right to the point (politely.)

Someone brings you the wrong order you say "You brought me the wrong order." You don't brush it under the rug just to avoid conflict.

That's called "being assertive."

Demanding your due, a corrected order, the rent paid on time, etc.

You don't back away from it but you also don't get too worked up about it.

Polite yet firm.

If you deal with people in this way you will have more positive social interactions (or at least fewer negative ones.)

Don't believe the hype.

Life is hard, expect it to be hard and relish it.

Don't wish for life to be easier, wish for yourself to be stronger, better, smarter, more socially capable.

You can look back on certain chapters of your life and say, "I did that! I survived that! Look what I've accomplished!"

Take pride in that and let it fuel you.

And then?

Enjoy solitude.

well I suppose that's for my benefit, yes assertiveness and keeping an even keel are a wonderful thing......easier for some than others, and no magic bullet, but helpful.

with all due respect, I'm not a big fan of bs, bravado, or those that make it there stock and trade. In fact I consider it lowlife and scumbag and a way for ppl who feel small to feel big. like tenants who make false accusations b/c you politely and assertively asked them to keep the hallway clear of beer cases. Or the guy who beat my kid, then called child services and said I was abusive. im very familiar with the better the smarter. Dubs I find your bravado, false and dull, and your interest in contention, small and telling.

I was in Utah on the colorado, met a guy in a range rover, he had travelled Australia and Africa in it, and at the time was doing north and south America. He had "one life, live it" painted on the side. He was a regular guy, retired and decided, one life live it

if it makes you feel good to think he is less socially capable than yourself, then all the power to ya.

I live in Melbourne and have often lived near the beach. Grew up by the sea.
    In Port Phillip there is a man made island that was once a fort with gun emplacements and a labyrinth of tunnels beneath.
    You can go on it now and get to it by boat. We often do just for fun.
    When we were kids though Im pretty sure it forbidden, not that this ever stopped us.
    One kid I know lost thumb there when another kid rolled something on rails that he shouldnt have.

The South Channel Fort

Fort Nepean

Fort Queenscliff

Fort_Pearce
    Last edited by MatrixTransform; 07-17-2017 at 11:31 PM.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee. - Donne

"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
    "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

"What remains for most men in modern life is a world of expectation without reward, burden without honor and service without self" - Paul Elam

Melbourne Kingfish

well if that's not men's health I don't know what is

hey they still have humanist counter theory on the forum banner
    Last edited by menrppl2; 07-18-2017 at 01:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    nice fish
    But Idk ... I'd probably prefer dreamy voiceover to a speed freak on a synth.

M