Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who casts first female to play "The Doctor"

Quote Originally Posted by voidspawn View Post
    - it can f**k off with the social engineering. That is not interesting and challenging commentary on the world, it's simply telling the world what to be.
    In the worst of worlds, the whole gender war issue is a consciously stoked pseudo-conflict to distract from the real goings-on in the world.

M

Blog Entries
    Feminists are having a rage-gasm over anything that questions the glory of casting a woman as Doctor Who.

Peter Davdison said:
    “If I feel any doubts, it’s the loss of a role model for boys, who I think Doctor Who is vitally important for. So I feel a bit sad about that, but I understand the argument that you need to open it up.

“As a viewer, I kind of like the idea of the Doctor as a boy but then maybe I’m an old fashioned dinosaur – who knows?”
    The rage is palpable. I'm surprised noone's suggested he should be murdered for not being 100% on board with the co-opting of long tried characters for the glory of the feminist cause.

Article:
    http://jezebel.com/a-female-doctor-w...del-1797174529

One particular comment:

H, THANKS GOD, BRAVE MEN LIKE THIS FUCKER IS UP TO MAKE THIS GREAT SACRIFICE, BURDEN THIS ENORMOUS SUFFERING, BE INFINITELY GENEROUS, IN ORDER TO ALLOW ALL WOMEN TO HAVE THIS PRIVILEGE!

Let’s all shed a tear for the poor boys who, from now on, will have only Superman, Batman, Sherlock Holmes, James Bond, Hercules, Rambo, John McClane, Tarzan, Spiderman, Wolverine, Achiles, King Arthur, Beowulf, and probably a gazillion more characters as role models...

Goddamnit, Colin Baker nailed it: unless it’s for how to properly have a penis or grow a beard, I would have no problem with having the new Doctor, Wonder Woman, Charlie’s Angels, Michelle Obama, Ripley, Sarah Connor, and thousand of other women, fictional or not, as role models for, gosh, I don’t know, honesty, courage, decency, etc.
    I just wanted to add:
    Supergirl, Batwoman, Atomic Blonde against Superman, Batman, and James Bond (though personally I don't think the atomic blonde thing remotely measures up). Oh, and Wolverine is a woman in the comics now.

So it's not that "men still have so many role models" it's simply that the feminists haven't yet succeeded in replacing every last one of them with women.

On top of that one of the feminist complaints always seems to be that the girl version of an originally male character is never as kick ass as the original. I wonder if the Lady Doctor will follow this same course.
    "...but when she goes off you, she will not just walk away, she will walk away with your fucking skin in a jar." ~~ DoctorRandomercam
    "The laws of man, they don't apply when blood gets in a woman's eye" - The Black Keys

Meh.

Women wanna be more fictionally mis-represented in fiction than men are.

pht...go for it

I'm sure your gender roles will be all that little bit more convincing henceforth

The world is mental

PS.
    for fucks sake, who could possibly care less if The Doctor was a female?
    detract from the story. prolly not
    unless you stuff the story full of gender bullshit AND cast the Dr as a woman.
    But Im sure theyre not that stupid

Hmm
    Last edited by MatrixTransform; 07-24-2017 at 12:51 PM.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee. - Donne

"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
    "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

"What remains for most men in modern life is a world of expectation without reward, burden without honor and service without self" - Paul Elam

Quote Originally Posted by Manalysis View Post
    In the worst of worlds, the whole gender war issue is a consciously stoked pseudo-conflict to distract from the real goings-on in the world.
    There are real goings on?

...pht.

conspiracy freak
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee. - Donne

"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
    "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

"What remains for most men in modern life is a world of expectation without reward, burden without honor and service without self" - Paul Elam

Blog Entries
    One of the things feminists don't get about Dr Who, which is really effing stupid of them, is Dr Who if anything was always a progressive role model. The first incarnation was a grandfather guiding a genius granddaughter, William Hartnell built the popularity of the role as a crotchety quirky but smart, and sincerely good person. The companion characters then filled out the roles of whatever comment on society the writers wanted to make. The Doctor was a character who was outside of the normal flow of time, the outsider perspective, but more importantly though these were action and adventure sci fi, Doctor Who was a non violent, brains over brawn character. That did appeal to boys and girls, millions of them keen to enjoy stories about problem solving with a myriad of tools of the mind.

Over the years the Doctor was made younger and sexier, but not for the male audience, that was solely to please and attract more female audience. As per usual male fans didn't care as long as the Doctor was quirky, smart and interesting, it's all good.

If females don't create, support and nurture characters they don't deserve any. Every popular male character has been created by, supported by carried by legions of fans, pretty much always initially mostly male then including female fans who also get it. Have to say though, if want to read truly fucking awful fan fiction read that wrote by female fans, what did they invent, Mary Sue's, slash fiction and Emo Sue's (that's a kind of inverted Mary Sue, where she writes herself in to moan about the world, normally as lower character which then gets to interact with the main characters, do some vital aspect whilst moaning to them, very last wave feminist).

Women aren't the ones demanding male characters be rewritten as women, they don't even like to watch women endlessly. As much as feminists can't stand it the internalised misogyny you have lots of female fans who like male characters cos they like to fap to them.

No character is born an icon, they gain status and work their way up by the efforts of the creators and the fans. In female dominated literature, they've always had their lead characters, esp in crime fiction, which draws more support from female fans than male fans.

The feminists are interested in the scalp and the triumphantism, not in the role models. Positive and diverse role models and inclusion has been in Doctor Who from the start, if feminist retards cared about that, they'd be hailing it as the model to follow, they'd support a spin off and do the fan work to turn into an icon.

This is greed, coveting and me wanna have it cos you have it. And the subtext isn't role model for females, it's hatred of a male character that has already succeeded in being a positive role model for females and has earned legions of female fans. That's the bit they really can't stand, Doctor Who was a success with and for female fans without the feminists. The comment they really can't stand, women are more included, inspired, happier, safer and better off without feminists.
    "...especially when it comes to communication, it can be observed, if it is not a negotiation it's a war."
    Quote Originally Posted by menrppl2 View Post
    Can't live with em, life is great without them.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspawn View Post
    As much as feminists can't stand it the internalised misogyny you have lots of female fans who like male characters cos they like to fap to them.
    Once I snuggled up on the couch behind Mrs Matrix while she was watching Federer in the Aust Open, and gave her a good shag.

to this day, she still thinks I did it for her.

I just got my rocks off while she was distracted.

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    Meh.

Women wanna be more fictionally mis-represented in fiction than men are.

pht...go for it

I'm sure your gender roles will be all that little bit more convincing henceforth

The world is mental

PS.
    for fucks sake, who could possibly care less if The Doctor was a female?
    detract from the story. prolly not
    unless you stuff the story full of gender bullshit AND cast the Dr as a woman.
    But Im sure theyre not that stupid

Hmm
    I would not underestimate them this way... as low as they go, they always figure it out to go even lower...

Quote Originally Posted by simpleman View Post
    I would not underestimate them this way... as low as they go, they always figure it out to go even lower...
    on the internets, and magic television and in fantastical movie-land ... the world can be anything they imagine

Quote Originally Posted by Mifune View Post
    Feminists are having a rage-gasm over anything that questions the glory of casting a woman as Doctor Who.

Peter Davdison said:

The rage is palpable. I'm surprised noone's suggested he should be murdered for not being 100% on board with the co-opting of long tried characters for the glory of the feminist cause.

Article:
    http://jezebel.com/a-female-doctor-w...del-1797174529

One particular comment:

I just wanted to add:
    Supergirl, Batwoman, Atomic Blonde against Superman, Batman, and James Bond (though personally I don't think the atomic blonde thing remotely measures up). Oh, and Wolverine is a woman in the comics now.

So it's not that "men still have so many role models" it's simply that the feminists haven't yet succeeded in replacing every last one of them with women.

On top of that one of the feminist complaints always seems to be that the girl version of an originally male character is never as kick ass as the original. I wonder if the Lady Doctor will follow this same course.
    I want to add some more:

Athenea, Xena, Lisa Simpson, Daria, Lara Croft, Buffy, Katniss Everdeen, Mulan and gazillions more... Ah, by the way if You don't think Atomic Blonde can measure to James Bond, then you should check Nikita.

Each time the feminists say that girls don't have any decent role model before and just now they got a decent one... something inside me die, remembering all the fine female heroes and female role models on the history of TV and Cinema, that just got dished in such unceremonial way... and even worse next year they will do it again, and basically claim that female Dr. Who is not an adequate role model for girls... but whoever they gender swapped at that time... that will be the first one...

doctor who has been shit since the 1990's

la femme nikita is an awesome movie... but didnt they make a shitty tv show?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.