Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who casts first female to play "The Doctor"

Blog Entries
    Previous films and series I lapped up with female leads:

Peta Wilson in La Femme Nikita - a great TV series with a uniquely humane touch in the midst of murk and violence.
    Jessica Alba in Dark Angel - the dangerous outsider and rebellion against being manufactured for violence and control
    Sigourney Weaver in Alien - Huge favourite with loads of guys
    Linda Hamilton in Terminator - the movie Sarah Connor
    Leana Headey - Terminator - the Sarah Connor Chronicles
    Millo Jovovich in Resident Evil - Alice the enhanced human and clone

I could go on and on, adding with other posters. Characters that fought for something, brought in strong aspects of female character. Only ever supported by male fans, and as action heroes not sex objects.

What does feminism hate about these characters - they had nothing against men, they weren't there to make males look inferior or replace them, they were telling action stories of good vs evil, often in murky morally confusing environments.

What do the modern ones represent, male removal, replacement, denigration. The others didn't represent female empowerment, they were what do you with with power after you have it, what and who do you wield it for. Just like male heroic characters, it's not showing off what you are, self promotion, and me, me, me.
    "...especially when it comes to communication, it can be observed, if it is not a negotiation it's a war."
    Quote Originally Posted by menrppl2 View Post
    Can't live with em, life is great without them.

I think we should have an article in the main site... something on the lines of the 100 best fictional role models for girls... so feminists around the world learn about them and stop saying that girls don't have any female role model?

Here some female scientists... so to get girls inspired on STEM

Dana Scully
    Temperance "Bones"
    Mockingbird
    Go-Go Tomago
    And for those fans of Dr Who... here a real doctor, no an alien doctor... Martha Technobabble... such a great character and so underappreciated by feminists...

Mifune

Was it you who wrote about a similar situation on the remake of "Ghostbusters" and the criticism it received? Anyway I guess this applies to both.

Quote Originally Posted by Manalysis View Post
    Lots of people are displeased, and say so. But of course these people get bad press.
    I agree with Manalysis and the show did receive many negative comments.

And it's really weird that criticism of an all-female cast has been used as "proof" of misogyny by feminists. To set the record straight, such criticism isn't about hatred of women at all.

Remember a while back when "Infinite Warfare" hit the market? It instantly got millions of dislikes .. got named "the most disliked video game ever." Yet, people didn't go "There's a hatred for robots," it was simply because people wanted the real "Call of Duty" back .. their old game.

It's the same case here, people want their old movie/show back with as little difference as possible .. otherwise it's just not the same movie.

I don't know whose decision it is to cast more women despite its inapplicability, but if it's feminist propaganda .. then feminism is what's causing the dislike for women by pulling us into their agenda and forcing us onto viewers like that.

If anyone should be picketing against this, it should be us.

The "Dr. Who" show might lose some views and ratings, and that's the price it has to pay for siding with feminism if that's our culprit. And if I were a competing company, I'd grab another old show and remake it just the way the audience deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by Manalysis View Post
    In the worst of worlds, the whole gender war issue is a consciously stoked pseudo-conflict to distract from the real goings-on in the world.
    Manalysis

Oh but it is :-)

The world is pretty much closing in on its own demise due to the most grotesque legislation that's surfacing right now. And when the greedy, inhumane powers-that-be start pushing nuke bomb buttons, damaging resources, and causing huge loss of life .. you too will agree.

I want male heroes. Men are just so much more dynamic & exciting. I never feel I can trust a female person to be guided by fair objective honesty rather than vaginal solidarity with her sinister sisterhood... but a man... yes... emphatically YES. You can trust a man to do the right thing!
    ~~~ PEr aRDUa ad asTrA ~~~
    (through adversity to the stars)

LOL I wonder if she'll be handing out "Jelly Penises" instead of "Jelly Babies" ? Ahhhhh....the poor Commissioner.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by NO MA'AM; 07-25-2017 at 09:46 PM.
    http://djsaan.homestead.com/Succubi2.jpg

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspawn View Post
    The Master was brought back as a female called Missy. No problem with that, that wasn't the change that finally made me quit watching Doctor Who, my last episode was the ridiculous plot of the moon being an egg and a little girl has to figure it out so she can become the first world president or some such shit. When a show, that may well have great appeal to younger audience and be one of those rare things the generations can watch together, has to shift it's entire focus to blowing smoke up school girl's asses to be part of convincing them to becoming scientists and world leaders - it can f**k off with the social engineering. That is not interesting and challenging commentary on the world, it's simply telling the world what to be. For me simply the shift of media from being an entity that holds the dictator to account, to simply shunting the dictator out of the way and replacing her.

So what happened with the Master, sorry Mistress. Well the Master always had a complex evil about him, a mixture of reverence and friendship towards the Doctor, an obsession for his attention, and a hatred towards whatever the Doctor cared about. The Master's obsession with the Earth was the dark mirror of the Doctor's. But with a female Master, they couldn't stand it, the obsession was played as some form of lust, they couldn't stand her being evil, she wasn't male, she had to be reformed. I didn't watch the blahh blahh, just read posted accounts, but long story short, she reforms, facing against her darkness and starts to become good. Moving towards becoming the Doctor's ally, the male Master comes back (John Sim's previously excellent portrayal - I won't watch it even though I'd love to see John Sim's Master again, because it's just the final demolition of the Doctor's antithesis [there was a previous attempt to create a dark Doctor who was more evil than the Master, it bombed as a story]).

Anyway, male Master comes back from past and good female Master has to choose between Doctor and Master, she chooses Doctor rejecting her male evil, which she aims to defeat, the male then murders the female. Her final sanctification and apotheosis, her separation from her male past. Ready to return as the Doctor's ally - perhaps even love interest... who knows.

These idiots just want to invade male things, regardless of how much male investment, if it's a positive image of a male, or even an interesting but evil image of male, if it holds any attention grabbing power at all, they covet it. Nothing has satisfied them, Sarah Jane adventures, the homophillic Torchwood, with every pandering to female fantasy going (I knew as massive fan of Torchwood, and it really was just a massive wankfest for her, in every sense, wank over guys, wank over guysxguys, wank over girls, wank over girlsxgirls) the one thing it didn't cater for was coherent plot, it was connected posing set pieces. They then hand over the series lead to Clara the impossibly annoying assistant from the planet AllAboutMe. That led to her being like the Robin in Batman that the fans wanted to kill, except the Whovians didn't get the carthatic pleasure of a poll opportunity to kill her.

Nothing sates these freaks, they want the title role, the SJW pandering with lesbian warrior genius lizard and wondermaid the fingering object wasn't enough diversity and inclusion. All good or interesting characters must be female, all bumbling pointless and rotten characters must be male. And they need to keep a check on male portrayal of evil and madness, because males have a habit of making it interesting with great performances and pulling depth out of darkness.

They've got the title role, but unlike a male Doctor kept in check and course corrected by females, they won't hand over that role to males. My prediction there will be nothing handed to males, no olive branch, concession or even booby prize. They will be told to appreciate and worship the sacred feminine. The focus will lock ever tighter on pandering and promoting females. They will look for new ways to erase masculinity.

The new incarnations since Paul McGann have played up the Doctor's sexuality, a factor in the old series as a very low undercurrent, basically an amount of the out of reach love object for female assistants, so close but not quite reachable, the masochistic pussy tease that many women enjoy. The female Doctor will probably start intellectual and asexual, for a short time, before their desire to pussy tease and cock shame kicks in and they aim to make the female Doctor a sexual icon for female fans. That's pretty much inevitable, female fans are attracted to the alphaness, and female Doctor will be about co option of male alphaness into female alphaness.

If anyone can be bothered to watch this once classic inter-generational favourite, it'll roll out, can't guess the speed or the plots but:

To heck with it. Wait until it tanks and then you can gloat.
    FEMINISM is a HATE GROUP - Feminists are HATEFUL PEOPLE
    It's time to call it out for what it is.

The World of Men - Men's Rights / MGTOW / Sites of Interest to Men

http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...nterest-to-Men

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifune View Post
    Feminists are having a rage-gasm over anything that questions the glory of casting a woman as Doctor Who.

Peter Davdison said:

The rage is palpable. I'm surprised noone's suggested he should be murdered for not being 100% on board with the co-opting of long tried characters for the glory of the feminist cause.

Article:
    http://jezebel.com/a-female-doctor-w...del-1797174529

One particular comment:

I just wanted to add:
    Supergirl, Batwoman, Atomic Blonde against Superman, Batman, and James Bond (though personally I don't think the atomic blonde thing remotely measures up). Oh, and Wolverine is a woman in the comics now.

So it's not that "men still have so many role models" it's simply that the feminists haven't yet succeeded in replacing every last one of them with women.

On top of that one of the feminist complaints always seems to be that the girl version of an originally male character is never as kick ass as the original. I wonder if the Lady Doctor will follow this same course.

My comment on Jezebel (before they delete it of course)

Mr. E: It’s a shame that women are apparently not bright enough to come up with their *OWN* characters and have to resort to stealing them from men. Personally I would have thought women more adept than that. (Shrug).

Blog Entries
    One of the things feminists don't get about Dr Who, which is really effing stupid of them,
    I'm afraid it's not them, it's you.

Feminism isn't about anything related to equality or equal rights or any of that other bullshit they always point to and claim. It is only about hating men and female supremacy.

;-)

Blog Entries
    What does feminism hate about these characters - they had nothing against men, they weren't there to make males look inferior or replace them, they were telling action stories of good vs evil, often in murky morally confusing environments.
    Objection.

Asked and answered.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by simpleman View Post
    I think we should have an article in the main site... something on the lines of the 100 best fictional role models for girls... so feminists around the world learn about them and stop saying that girls don't have any female role model?

Here some female scientists... so to get girls inspired on STEM

Dana Scully
    Temperance "Bones"
    Mockingbird
    Go-Go Tomago
    And for those fans of Dr Who... here a real doctor, no an alien doctor... Martha Technobabble... such a great character and so underappreciated by feminists...

That is a really great idea.