Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Violence as an Issue of Men

I have met a lot of men in my life. Excluding those I met in the military, I know of almost no males that are violent. I don't have the stats - how do we measure violence?

- I don't know why you're puzzled over this. It's so simple that you've written the answer down in some of your comments, specifically this one:

Quote Originally Posted by mr_e View Post
    Is the reason that men are violent because we're the "doers" in society and we get called upon to do all the dangerous, dirty jobs that need to be done. Along with perhaps we're better suited for it than women given our physical differences.
    - Anyway, yes most violence is committed by men, but that doesn't make men violent .. not in the least bit.

- Unlike women, men are governed by actions. And if you take a broad look at both genders, you'll see that men build, create & protect while women generate life and care for it. That's just life for you.

- Consequently, violence too .. is mostly committed by men.

- But the violence that men commit absolutely fails in comparison to the overall actions of men .. to the homes, cities, and civilizations they have built, to the millions of creations that improved the quality of life, and to the families & communities they protected.

- The actions of violence that men commit are hugely disproportionate to the overall actions of men, which are mostly productive & good.

- By the way, men are driven by actions due to testosterone. This is why some actions are carried out by a specific age group, or why men suddenly feel more alive or aggressive once they're on testosterone therapy, etc.

- And this is also why violence is unnatural in women & is usually accompanied by mental instability, such as when a mother kills a child, or an abused wife shoots down her husband, etc.

- So if anyone wants to condemn so-called "male violence," they can only do so once they burn down their homes, destroy their belongings, and start living in some remote forest somewhere. And if a woman claims that men are violent, she can go get herself a girlfriend.

>> also why violence is unnatural in women

I think Dee is having a really bad week. Like I did several weeks ago.

Women are more violent than men are. They are fortunately less competent at it. But, over many years around 55% of all violent child abuse has been done by women, not men.

Killing unborn babies, virtually 100%.

DV, more than men.

Turn the brain firmly to the ON position, Dee. You are smarter than that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee View Post
    - I don't know why you're puzzled over this. It's so simple that you've written the answer down in some of your comments, specifically this one:

- Anyway, yes most violence is committed by men, but that doesn't make men violent .. not in the least bit.

- Unlike women, men are governed by actions. And if you take a broad look at both genders, you'll see that men build, create & protect while women generate life and care for it. That's just life for you.

- Consequently, violence too .. is mostly committed by men.

- But the violence that men commit absolutely fails in comparison to the overall actions of men .. to the homes, cities, and civilizations they have built, to the millions of creations that improved the quality of life, and to the families & communities they protected.

- The actions of violence that men commit are hugely disproportionate to the overall actions of men, which are mostly productive & good.

- By the way, men are driven by actions due to testosterone. This is why some actions are carried out by a specific age group, or why men suddenly feel more alive or aggressive once they're on testosterone therapy, etc.

- And this is also why violence is unnatural in women & is usually accompanied by mental instability, such as when a mother kills a child, or an abused wife shoots down her husband, etc.

- So if anyone wants to condemn so-called "male violence," they can only do so once they burn down their homes, destroy their belongings, and start living in some remote forest somewhere. And if a woman claims that men are violent, she can go get herself a girlfriend.

I don't particularly disagree with you on any of these points-- and I appreciate you taking the time to make them. That was very kind of you. It's good to hear a woman having something nice to say about men for a change ;-)

The one thing I would encourage you to look into is the role of testosterone in violence and aggression. Ironically, even though it is certainly one of the things that gives males the ability to "be powerful" (in a physically-manifested sort of way), it's action has been very poorly understood in medicine until very recently where it has been discovered that paradoxically, it's also what keeps men calm and centered.

Strange but True: Testosterone Alone Does Not Cause Violence
    https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...ause-violence/
    FEMINISM is a HATE GROUP - Feminists are HATEFUL PEOPLE
    It's time to call it out for what it is.

The World of Men - Men's Rights / MGTOW / Sites of Interest to Men

http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...nterest-to-Men

Blog Entries
    Very nice thread Mr E.

This is going to be a very long reply but I think I can only do this topic and your comprehensive write up justice with an equally comprehensive reply. I salute anyone that has the patience to read through this all.

More violence is committed by men than women. We hear this statement quite often particularly from feminists. Its a generalisation that has served for feminism a very empowering purpose for women and very destructive purpose for men. Its a generalisation that is not dissimilar to those made about blacks back in the 60s, or the aborigines of Australia up until the 70s or the Jews in Germany in the 40s. Its a generalisation that like I said serves a purpose. That purpose being to justify the subjugation of men and the empowerment of women at the hands of society in the same way that similar generalisations made against the aforementioned races served in their subjugation and the empowerment of the proponents of these generalisations.. A man is more inclined to violence this is why society must discriminate and control man for the benefit of woman. A man is more inclined to violence therefore women must be provided with protection from him. For women this of course means increased funding from the state and preferential treatment in the justice system, one rendered bias by gendered generalisations. A man is more inclined to violence, therefore man is dangerous, therefore man must be marginalised, segregated and disempowered whilst woman, his victim, must be given more power in society so as to be able to protect herself from him. Men are more inclined to violence. This is why more of them commit suicide!!! Men have high suicide rates, not because they are more disadvantaged in life. They do not have higher suicide rates because they suffer more difficult more stressful lives than women but because they as part of their nature are more prone to using violence. This is one way in which our misandric, gynocentric, feminised world has managed to trivialise male suicide and encourage society to ignore it in favour of female suicide. Men have higher suicide rates because they are masculine brutes driven to suicide by a biological urge inside of them to resolve all their problems through violent acts. This generalisation that men are more inclined to commit violence than women as it is promoted by feminism has had a profoundly devastating impact on men in society. It has justified their abuse by the state in the same way that similar generalisations against the Jews for example justified their victimisation at the hands of Nazi Germany…

More violence is committed by men than women. Men are more inclined to violence

I like addressing this generalisation of male violence in two ways.

1. I’m not sure about the accuracy of this claim.

We live in a world that refuses to hold women accountable for their violence, both on cultural and judicial levels. Cultures across the globe always give violent women a pass. Cultures across the globe teach people to treat women with a reverence that is denied men. For example men in the UK are twice more likely to befall violence than women and therefore are in greater need of assistance in this regard yet despite this, culture focuses its endeavours in reducing violence on women. Cultures across the globe teach boys and men that its wrong to be violent towards women whilst denying this privilege to men despite men being at greater risk of violence. Men and women are brought up to feel sympathy towards women. Men are taught to protect women, often to their own detriment. A man that does not put his life on the line for the sake of protecting a women is deemed a coward by society. A man that does not put women first, even before himself is deemed a failure in life.

Society shames and discourages men for reporting their violence at the hands of women. In this country men are twice less likely to report their abuse at the hands of a partner than women.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...n-cjs-2013.pdf

This sexism transcends culture into the judicial system, where police and courts treat female criminals with sympathy and a sense of protection allowing them to get off crimes with a slap on the wrist. I’ve bought this example up recently but i’m going to give it again here as its relevant to this argument. In a study conducted in the US, women were found to be responsible for 20% of sexual abuse against minors. Another study that was conducted across a number of countries found similar rates for child sex abuse at the hands of women. Yet despite this women account only for 1% of the prison population of pedophiles. As in, the other 19% are free.

https://www.dur.ac.uk/research/news/.../?itemno=31897

Society refuses to hold women accountable for their crimes. Conviction rates for murder in the UK are 300% lower for women than they are for men and 200% lower than the national average for conviction rates.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...apter2homicide

This bias in favour of women applies to all crimes in the UK without a single exception from sexual assaults to murder. Judges in this country have been ordered to be more lenient to women than men.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...sentences.html

So statistics that show men to commit more violence than women are unreliable because we live in a sexist world where women are above the law. A world where justice isn’t blind to gender but gives favourable treatment to women over men. This sexism is exacerbated by feminism, a heavily institutionalised ideology that goes out of its way to defend and justify violent women and promote violence by women as non-violence. There are feminist organisations out there who’s sole purpose for existence is to campaign for the rights of women who commit crimes, women who have murdered people. These organisations have gotten countless women off of murder. One example of such organisations is Julie Bindel’s “Justice for Women” an organisation that campaigns for women who have been indicted or convicted of murdering or abusing their partners. Another example is Women Against Rape, an organisation that recently launched a campaign in the UK for the British government to treat convicted false rape accusers more leniently in this country.

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2014...pe-allegations

Feminists justify and advocate the murder of men at the hands of women:

http://nationalpost.com/opinion/barb...6-8563b364b138

We live in a sexist world that trivialises, promotes and encourages female criminality and violence. A world that defends and encourages violent women and discourages society from holding them to account. In a sexist, female privileged world like this of course statistics are going to show that men commit more violence than women. In world like this statistics are unreliable.

We do not know if men commit more violence than women but lets assume they do. Lets assume that we live in a fair world that holds both genders to account for their violence with equity and that men overall do in fact commit more violence than women.

A lot of men act very defensively when confronted with this claim. Almost as if it were a statement of how bad men are and this generalisation like I said before is indeed used by feminists for this exact purpose to expose men as bad entities that need control. To me this issue of men being more involved in violence than women is not a statement of how men are bad or a statement for men being at fault but rather a statement for the disadvantage of men and female privilege in society. I don’t see there being a need to be defensive around this issue. This issue is a great example for the disadvantaged state of men. This brings me to the second way that I like to address this generalisation of male violence.

2. Men commit more violence than women because cultures across the globe expose men to responsibilities that in turn expose them to violence whilst protecting, distancing and shielding women from any and all responsibilities that expose them to committing violence.

When an evil threatens a community of people men are sent off to die to address that evil, whilst women are protected from this responsibility. Men are pressured and forced by this world into violence. Of course men die by the truck loads performing violence in order to address threats whilst women live-on and reap the benefits of their sacrifices. A woman’s life is treated with a greater reverence than that of a man’s. She is shielded and protected from anything that might expose her to violence and harm. As a matter of course she will commit less violence, whilst man is thrust by society from the moment he reaches physical maturity to the moment he is no longer viable into violence and harm thus he will perform more violence. This arrangement hurts men whilst benefitting women who contribute nothing to violence but gain from its outcome. Despite women benefitting from this arrangement feminism uses generalisations about violence as a means to fault men and society. Its beyond insulting.

Men are sent off to fight in wars and resolve world problems, get torn limb from limb by the truck loads whilst women sit at home, carry on with their normal lives, their careers, live on and reap the benefits of men sacrificing their lives to protect them. A man who refuses to fight in war is killed for treason in many countries. We live in a world that forces men into violence whether they like it or not. Women do not need to commit violence in this world that we live in because society has it such that men are made to perform that task for them. They don’t have to expose themselves to violence. They have men to die for them in the pursuit of this destructive endeavour. Men are treated by this world as a disposable gender. A gender who’s sole purpose for existence is the beneficence of others, of woman kind. The moment men become old, fall on hard times or become disabled society shuns them and treats them as useless burdens. Take the homeless community as an example. People feel disgust at homeless men whilst showing sympathy towards homeless women. In a female privileged world like this men are going to be forced to commit violence just to be able to survive whilst women get provided for and helped whenever they fall on hard times and so have no need to resort to criminality and violent acts. Society does everything for them including violence.

Cultures task men from a young age with the most menial, mundane, dangerous jobs, jobs that expose them to committing violence whilst society has done its best throughout history to shield and distance women from such tasks/jobs. So of course women will wind up committing less violence than men. Furthermore, cultures across the globe task men with protecting women from violence and performing violent tasks on their behalf. Again this reduces a woman’s need to commit violence and increases a man’s propensity to commit violence. If violence threatens a woman, society demands that man fights on her behalf, that man be harmed in her place, that man die to keep her alive. Of course in a world like this men will commit more violence.

In this world that we live in women are not obligated to provide for men. Neither are other men. Men on the other hand are obligated by law to provide for women, often driven by this endeavour of sustaining women and children to the point of living on the streets and when they do wind up on the streets, when they fall on hard times society shames and abuses them. Men are sent to prison for failing to provide for women. Women on the other hand are not burdened with these responsibilities, this discrimination. They are carried their entire lives and in the rare circumstance that they do fall on hard times the entire world rushes to their aid. In a world that is as unfair as this, of course men are going to be driven to commit more violence than women, as women have a lesser need to resort to it. Additionally, the law is on their side. Should they need to inflict harm on someone, thanks to feminism, in most countries around the world all they need is their word and the entire system rushes to muster all its forces to act as their proxy in committing violence.

Also, society criticises violence against women more vigorously than it does against men despite women being at less risk of violence than men. This encourages people to view abuse against men more lightly than they do against women. Violence against women causes an outrage in society whilst violence against men is laughed at, mocked and ignored. I’m going to mention this example again, society teaches boys not to be violent towards women. Boys are not taught not to resort to violence against men this despite the fact that men suffer greater violence than women. So overall women are exposed to less violence by society than men and this again reduces their need to resort to violence.

Men commit more violence than women not because men are uncivilised brutes and women creatures with superior cultural values as that feminist icon Germaine Greer claims but rather because men live in a world that pressures and forces them into violent roles, a world that pressures and forces them into committing violence whilst women enjoy privileges that protect and shields them from committing violence. Men are the disposable gender. They are exposed to all things harmful whilst society does its best to shield women from any and all responsibilities that would expose them to harm. Of course in a world like this, a world that exposes men to committing violence whilst protecting, distancing and shielding women from committing violence, men are going to commit more violence than women.

I think its wrong for us to sit here and say men aren’t more violent than women or to act defensively around this generalisation. Men most likely do commit more violence than women but this greater violence isn’t testament to a sexism by men but the result of sexism against men and favouritism towards women.

Also, notice the hypocrisy in this whole issue. Men have been responsible for the vast majority of discoveries and advances in history and yet nobody says men are more intelligent than women. People try to justify this gap by claiming women to be oppressed but in the case of violence, sexist society preaches that men commit more crimes therefore men are more violent than women. Nobody says well, wait a second, maybe they commit more crimes and more violence because they are disadvantaged/oppressed.
    Last edited by Equity; 08-27-2017 at 11:00 PM.